• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
idk.. I've always wanted to ask this.

why do the suicidal/depression threads pop up during summer?

Kade

I've written drafts for all of these.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79476109&postcount=31
Games where your character eats fast food
Games With Blonde Villains
Games where you can jump over a car
Games that let you shoot water guns
Games that have good graphics
Post your favourite game
Games where the female character turns into a elder dragon
Games where dogs walk on two legs
Games where your main character actually reaches out and turns the door knob to open a door instead of the door magically opening when you press A
Favourite characters with black hair
Is The Last of Us feminist propaganda?
LTTP: Watch Dogs (Thread created December 2013)
Some of my greatest content to date.

A store doesn't charge you for something...

because you forgot to buy it. Now you're home already with a family size box of Oreos and you forgot to buy milk. Do you go back to the store and calmly explain to yourself that people make mistakes and you aren't a complete idiot for forgetting milk, or do you stay home and suffer through Oreos with no milk, all the while feeling sorry for yourself and licking your own tears in a pathetic attempt to receive some form of hydration to rinse off your cookie encrusted teeth?

maxcriden

A store doesn't charge you for something...

because you forgot to buy it. Now you're home already with a family size box of Oreos and you forgot to buy milk. Do you go back to the store and calmly explain to yourself that people make mistakes and you aren't a complete idiot for forgetting milk, or do you stay home and suffer through Oreos with no milk, all the while feeling sorry for yourself and licking your own tears in a pathetic attempt to receive some form of hydration to rinse off your cookie encrusted teeth?

Haha. The cookie encrusted teeth.

shuri

Banned
What is it with all those new fast food products thread lately. Grown men excitef about the return of some crappy Burger King meal...

Look at this!
14-year-old-burger.jpg

A normal McBurgerDonalds burger, right? But LOOK AT WHAT DELICIOUS FOOD THEY JUST MADE IT IN TO:

1397361214506.jpg

THERE'S TWO BURGERSES AND TWO CHEESES AND OMG I HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS SO BADLY!!!!

... So then, GAF. What's your favourite burger?

Brakke

Banned
I like to play a game where sometimes when I see someone who's banned I look at their post history and then pretend something innocuous got them the boot. To wit:

Me too, fuckers think they're the shit because of a gross growth coming outta their face.

GAF does not tolerate this kind of equine hate-mongering.

Sometimes I find a really really good one and want to thread it up but I'm worried it'll be a gross mess of parading around drudged up shit. With the wrong tone it gets so ugly.

shuri

Banned
From "lets generate outrage" series

"Why is Ubisoft encourage Elephant violence with Farcry 4?"
"Why are visual novel games so insensitive to the cause of the illeterate?"
"Why is Nintendo refusing to encourage positive strong female character by refusing to create a Mario sister and imposing the dated helpless female princess trope with Peach in 2014?"
"Left handed handling in fps games - a forgotten cause for concern"
"f2p games: preying on children and the poor?"

maxcriden

"Why is Nintendo refusing to encourage positive strong female character by refusing to create a Mario sister and imposing the dated helpless female princess trope with Peach in 2014?"

The first or fourth of those are legit hilarious because they could be real threads. I'm tempted to make the first one but will resist.

These are good, and despite parody threads I reckon you could get a good discussion on the last three.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

"Killing women in games is misogynistic. Women should not be in games anymore."

Kraftwerk

Not really a parody thread, but I was about to make a thread about this;

http://paidtopoop.com/

Calculates how much your poop is worth per year when you take bathroom breaks at work.

Seeing as I have made two poop threads in the past, I was scared that the third one will cause me to get juniored.

Oh well....

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I miss bestiality threads... they prove GAF has a defense force for everything.... EVERYTHING!

davepoobond

On the flip side we could have "why is it OK to kill men in video games but not women?". That would get interesting. And locked.

That's a good one.

Also, "we need more representation of children in games (so I can shoot them)"

I wanted to make a thread titled "My ex-wife still misses me...."

People would think it's about my relationship woes and be ready for something serious, but when they enter the thread, they'll only be greeted by "But her aim is getting better!"

I'd be all over it, but I know Bish would lay a great ban of justice on me.

Not a parody thread per se, but my biggest annoyance is any "Am I the only one?" or "Does anyone else?" thread. Boy do I have to fight the urge to post some serious sarcasm in those threads, regardless of its actual topic.

Coreda

Also, "we need more representation of children in games (so I can shoot them)"

This already happened twice from memory, but one was in a less obvious way, more along the lines of: 'why aren't there more kids in vidya games'. The threads became discussions about how comfortable some are about killing children virtually and also the maturity level of kids as gamers. Both were locked eventually.

davepoobond

This already happened twice from memory, but one was in a less obvious way, more along the lines of: 'why aren't there more kids in vidya games'. The threads became discussions about how comfortable some are about killing children virtually and also the maturity level of kids as gamers. Both were locked eventually.

i think i remember one of them. i didn't know it got to the point of people saying "i want to shoot kids"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom