• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Shengar

I will hate every Yameto Nadeshiko til the day I die.

Tomboys 4 lyfe
I'm usually goes for the tomboy route, but man that teacher route is just irresistible.
wjht9b1qckqy.jpg

Stop spreading lies, Makoto is pure.

Did that change your mind?

No. It takes more than a proclivity or backdoor shenanigans to win my heart.

I can't wait for those of you who are all into Ann and Makoto to finally meet Haru.

Yeah, they'll be surprised that Atlus was so dedicated to accurately modeling an unbuttered baked potato.

I'm usually goes for the tomboy route, but man that teacher route is just irresistible.

The game doesn't really have a tomboy =/

Becky and Lush Reporter are the closest we get, and are more interesting for it.

Astral

Now I'm considering saving myself for Makoto. Oh who am I kidding? I'm gonna have a main chick and a bunch of side chicks like in 3 and 4.

I kinda thought Haru would be cool cause I love her costume and the Persona design but she's just so boring. I expected her to be a large ham due to the whole "beauty thief" thing but even that gets dropped. She's just a... nice person. Doesn't feel like a rebel at all. All the other late joining Persona cast members like Aigis and Naoto work cause they immediately change the dynamic of the group and the direction of the plot. Haru feels along for the ride.

Halfway into her SL and she's certainly a more realistic depiction of an heiress than Mitsuru but she almost feels like a side SL character.

In summary Haru is worst waifu.

Blunoise

I don't see anything attractive about makato, her looks and personality are just bland to me. Def not a girl I would date in real life lol

I kinda thought Haru would be cool cause I love her costume and the Persona design but she's just so boring. I expected her to be a large ham due to the whole "beauty thief" thing but even that gets dropped. She's just a... nice person. Doesn't feel like a rebel at all. All the other late joining Persona cast members like Aigis and Naoto work cause they immediately change the dynamic of the group and the direction of the plot. Haru feels along for the ride.

Halfway into her SL and she's certainly a more realistic depiction of an heiress than Mitsuru but she almost feels like a side SL character.

In summary Haru is worst waifu.

I agree she's probably the most plain character of the bunch. But damn if her persona isn't lethal if you focus on the shooting skills. Honestly think hifumi was the most boring confidant overall. Makoto is the secret leader which I can appreciate after witnessing the yu narukami cult in persona 4.

Sou Da

I agree she's probably the most plain character of the bunch. But damn if her persona isn't lethal if you focus on the shooting skills. Honestly think hifumi was the most boring confidant overall. Makoto is the secret leader which I can appreciate after witnessing the yu narukami cult in persona 4.

Lol.

Astral

I don't see anything attractive about makato, her looks and personality are just bland to me. Def not a girl I would date in real life lol

She tried me in our first encounter on the rooftop. It was hot.

Wait you can actually romance the teacher?

What the fuck?

Maybe she's young lol. If she dressed better I might consider here more but so far I'm meh on her. I haven't started her SL yet though.

Sou Da

Maybe she's young lol. If she dressed better I might consider here more but so far I'm meh on her. I haven't started her SL yet though.

She's a grown a woman calling a sixteen year old master and shit. There's enough room for that kinda relationship yet Yusuke can take you on fucking couples boat ride and have nothing come from it lol.

Astral

She's a grown a woman calling a sixteen year old master and shit. There's enough room for that kinda relationship yet Yusuke can take you on fucking couples boat ride and have nothing come from it lol.

Woaaaah hold up she calls you master? She's back on the radar.

Her boss at the maid service told her she's too old to get the good job calls there, but I'm not sure how old she'd have to be too age out of that profession.

Wait you can actually romance the teacher?

What the fuck?

She's a grown a woman calling a sixteen year old master and shit.

I know! It's great, isn't it?

Muzicfreq

Banned
Finally I can romance the doctor
I tried in 4 and was let down when I found out that NOPE NOT HAPPENING!

Wait.... Aww damn teacher route might need another look at

We all know Anne is best waifu anyway.
You and what army ? :p

Also , my first persona game and I have been playing it nonstop that I forgot to do my projects and shit .

Love the time management of the game although sometimes I feel it is kinda limited. That's why a lot of guides would always suggest Maxing or Leveling up Temperance and Fortune to at least 7 or 9 or heck even 10 for Temperance really as the perks help out a lot

Raxus

Yep. It's a big part of the game so they want you to have the option to pursue the links again. It's a shame persona stock level isn't attached to level but now as part of a link.
Eh that isn't so bad if the other stats carry over. I am just miffed I am locked out of a couple social links.

You and what army ? :p

Also , my first persona game and I have been playing it nonstop that I forgot to do my projects and shit .

Love the time management of the game although sometimes I feel it is kinda limited. That's why a lot of guides would always suggest Maxing or Leveling up Temperance and Fortune to at least 7 or 9 or heck even 10 for Temperance really as the perks help out a lot
The army of woof, baby

Dresden

Having progressed further with the teacher's slink, even if you don't romance her it gets rather weird--and kinda funny--you start out paying her to do your laundry and stuff and
soon she's making lockpicks and flashbangs for you for free in your room in her maid clothes. She's a servant you don't need to pay.

And also how she actively fucks up her colleagues' lectures just so the protagonist can have more free time in class. She's just a terrible teacher all around.

Voror

Not really far enough to say anything yet (Just in May now and seem to be working towards Yusuke's intro), so I'm curious to see where I end up falling.

Ann and Takemi seem nice, but can't really say if I'd actually like to go for the romance with either yet. Just met Makoto on the roof and curious to see how it leads to her joining up and the Teacher just seems kind of disinterested so far if that makes any sense.

But then I tend to just pick one and stick with it. Never saw any of the romance stuff from the other games aside from Aigis in 3 and Rise in 4 (I do remember watching some of the scenes for Elizabeth) and I never got around to doing New Game + for either.

Kawakami is best waifu

I am now near the end of August and realizing I'm definitely going to repeat my Persona 3 performance and only have 4 or 5 max social links by end game, so I've started deciding who to axe. Sadly Kawakami is on my list, but hers is probably the link I'm most looking forward to in NG+.

Having progressed further with the teacher's slink, even if you don't romance her it gets rather weird--and kinda funny--you start out paying her to do your laundry and stuff and
soon she's making lockpicks and flashbangs for you for free in your room in her maid clothes. She's a servant you don't need to pay.
Maybe there's a word for that???

And also how she actively fucks up her colleagues's lectures just so the protagonist can have more free time in class. She's just a terrible teacher all around.

She really is perfect in every way.

She's a criminal and a pervert.

You don't have to sell me on her strengths.

Voror

Not really far enough to say anything yet (Just in May now and seem to be working towards Yusuke's intro), so I'm curious to see where I end up falling.

Ann and Takemi seem nice, but can't really say if I'd actually like to go for the romance with either yet. Just met Makoto on the roof and curious to see how it leads to her joining up and the Teacher just seems kind of disinterested so far if that makes any sense.

But then I tend to just pick one and stick with it. Never saw any of the romance stuff from the other games aside from Aigis in 3 and Rise in 4 (I do remember watching some of the scenes for Elizabeth) and I never got around to doing New Game + for either.

Top Bottom