• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 World Hockey Championship of watching real hockey again.

Heretic

Countdown till draft day!
Ducks pick 6th! We're getting a good pick either way. I'm hoping for Dumba. Our D was practically invisible because Lubomir went down. Poor Cam Fowler had to play top line minutes in his sophomore year and he wasn't completely ready. It hurt even more because Lydman who is our shutdown defender sucked major ass too...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to see the Czechs pull this put seeing as Pleks is captaining the team

Socreges

Banned
God damnit Getzlaf

It was always going to be a lack of discipline.

Weird seeing Nedved out there for the Czechs... even weirder thinking he once played for Canada like 20 years ago.

Spwn

Swedes are not known for being good losers. This will be interesting. They're known to have incredible luck, though. (1-5 --> 6-5)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Czechs give Sweden 30 seconds to equalize, Finland gave USA only 9 seconds. How generous.

edit: Finland-Sweden Dream Final dead. =(

First time in 12 years Sweden miss semi-finals. 3rd time since quarter-finals started 21 years ago.. or something like that. Ugh, time to get drunk.

GO SLOVAKIA!!!

Damn I was on edge of my seat whole Finland -USA game and then 8 seconds to go and goal.... Damn the athmosphere in Hartwal Arena was infernal even trough the tv. I can only imagine what is was like if you were actually there. Even during Finland - Kazakstan the noise and ahtmopshere was great (I got cheap tickets). In the other hand. Wtf Swedish audience? It felt like funeral for whole game and Arena was not even soldout even though it was quarterfinal for Team Sweden! Also the swedish play felt little soulless so with better audience you could have won the game!

calder

Thaaaaaaaaaank god I missed the game live, I was actually home while it was on but didn't realize it was today. I don't think I could take actually watching another quarter finals loss

Henceforth, as always cheering for Finland as a backup.

Parch

The Worlds are becoming more and more irrelevent. They really should move it up to a late May or June start to get more NHL involvement. Right now it requires begging to get North Americans to go because very few actually give a crap about the Worlds. The tournament had to start allowing NA hosts just to maintain any NA interest.
I know it's a big deal for the Euro fans, but something has to change for the tournament to become more significant.

Rad-

The Worlds are becoming more and more irrelevent. They really should move it up to a late May or June start to get more NHL involvement. Right now it requires begging to get North Americans to go because very few actually give a crap about the Worlds. The tournament had to start allowing NA hosts just to maintain any NA interest.
I know it's a big deal for the Euro fans, but something has to change for the tournament to become more significant.

Even more players would reject an early summer WC because everyone is on vacation by then. I could see late May but definitely not June.

Why not before NHL starts? Like world cup was played.

Socreges

Banned
Why not before NHL starts? Like world cup was played.
Injuries just before the season are much more of a problem than injuries just after the season has ended.

Early May is about the only time that works. Personally I'd rather they did it every second year after the Winter Olympics. 2012, 2016, 2020, etc. That way you'd likely get more of Canada's 'A' team (Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Weber, etc.) and less of their 'B/C' team since guys would see it as being more special.

Heretic

Injuries just before the season are much more of a problem than injuries just after the season has ended.

Early May is about the only time that works. Personally I'd rather they did it every second year after the Winter Olympics. 2012, 2016, 2020, etc. That way you'd likely get more of Canada's 'A' team (Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Weber, etc.) and less of their 'B/C' team since guys would see it as being more special.
USA's B/C team > Canada's A team!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Russia crushed Finland, probably gonna be Russia - Czech Republic in the final. Damn, if Sweden had just gotten that last goal in instead of the Czechs, it would most likely have been us in the final instead (I'm pretty confident we would have beaten Slovakia).

Russia crushed Finland, probably gonna be Russia - Czech Republic in the final. Damn, if Sweden had just gotten that last goal in instead of the Czechs, it would most likely have been us in the final instead (I'm pretty confident we would have beaten Slovakia).
Landeskog hit the post with what, 5mins left of the game? Gah, depressing.

Top Bottom