• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Unreal Engine 4 Elemental demo video running on PS4

Jigolo

nNqalQq.jpg

I'd almost feel sorry for the sony fan things if their mental gymnastics weren't so fucking amusing.

None of those demo's are in the same fucking galaxy as this tech wise.

I think Deep Down looks better than the Elemental demo, and it's multiplatform to boot so I don't know why Sony fans would exclusively be invested in it.

Hasn't this been rumoured for a while? It's a shame because it would have made a big difference to making a scene feel more 'alive.'

Yeah, this is just confirmation :(

For those of you saying it doesn't look a lot worse, here's a comparison Captain Smoker made between the PC demo and the demo that was shown during Sony's event.

ue4.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd almost feel sorry for the sony fan things if their mental gymnastics weren't so fucking amusing.

None of those demo's are in the same fucking galaxy as this tech wise.

They're talking about sheer visual impact. The actual tech behind these games is not important to anyone playing these games.

Can someone make a side-by-side video? Would be interesting to watch.

This honestly just looks like "good Unreal 3 game" on PS4.

EDIT - missed Angelus's post!

Elemental demo was a more impressive showcase than Deep Down. It was really demonstrating some heavy hitter particle effects that the latter didn't have much of (in comparison).

That's a very significant drop in visual fidelity! This is why I was hoping we would see at least 2.5TF in the next gen consoles.

Elemental demo was a more impressive showcase than Deep Down. It was really demonstrating some heavy hitter particle effects that the latter didn't have much of (in comparison).

On the PS4? LOL no. Textures and lightning seems way better. Also dosn't run like shit. If you mean PC elemental demo....well probably.

I thought the fire effects shown in Deep Down looked quite a bit more impressive than anything shown in that epic demo....

watchdog

Yup, particles, quality of lighting, and textures aren't as good as the PC version. I'm guessing that they'll be able to get the quality close to the PC version once they've had more time with the PS4 hardware.

Is Epic still making games exclusively for xbox next gen?

If so I bet UE4 will still be better on xbox even if the ps4 has better specs.

Majanew

Banned
How does this look bad? Some of you are on drugs.

Looks good and comes very close to the almighty 680. And it was made on non-final devkits.

Spongebob

Banned
Yeah, this is just confirmation :(

For those of you saying it doesn't look a lot worse, here's a comparison Captain Smoker made between the PC demo and the demo that was shown during Sony's event.

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/oh9hiskw/ue4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Textures are missing in the PS4 version....

sTeLioSco

Banned
How does this look bad? Some of you are on drugs.

Looks good and comes very close to the almighty 680. And it was made on non-final devkits.

-non final devkits

-could be just a quick port to show that they support consoles with unreal engine 4

RedSwirl

I'm starting to wonder: back when Epic was showing off Unreal Tournament on PC and PS3, how did they compare back then?

Top Bottom