• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Question, is there a podcast equivalent for android?

Podcast Addict is not bad, there's a free and paid version of it in the Play Store.

You can just search "Kinda Funny Gamescast" and "Gameovergreggy Show" on it and subscribe to them, there's even an option to use the iTunes search engine.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Only just now took the time to fins this thread. Great job! I'll be keeping up with this thread. If this is still a thing:

GAF: el_pistolerio
PSN: el_pistolerio
Platforms: PS4, Vita

Been playing Bloodborne until Toukiden Kiwami came out so now I'm playing that a lot. Anyway, glad to be part of this community.

Karu

The Youtube comment section already alluded to this, but the REAL (;-)) Bloodborne Let's Play shows that the lack of REAL Let's Plays that are going in more depth are missing. And it's not even that they aren't doing those. Ori & 12 minutes for example were really great. And for an old game like Tiny Toons, 15-20 minutes are enough. But not for an big RPG like Bloodborne. Also long-term series of one particular game are in dire need.... in my humble opinion, of course.

The thing is, they probably get their 25k views anyway. I don't know.

I'm really liking Tim & Nick live. Podcast Beyond was my vector into Kinda Funny, so originally I was just here for Colin and Greg, but Nick and Tim are continually showing themselves to be awesome members of the cast.

I'm really liking Tim & Nick live. Podcast Beyond was my vector into Kinda Funny, so originally I was just here for Colin and Greg, but Nick and Tim are continually showing themselves to be awesome members of the cast.

They have a great chemistry together, similar to what Greg and Colin have. And it's refreshing because of how different they are, especially Nick, from the other more "gaming focused" part of Kinda Funny.

Mecca

I enjoyed Nick and Tim overall, but I feel like Nick needs to reign it in a little bit with the rambling and the Kevin shaming. I know that the Kevin thing is not serious, but Nick derails the conversation too much yelling at Kevin. There were multiple times where Tim was trying to talk about a topic or make a point about something and Nick was too busy talking to Kevin or going on about something else to pay attention to what Tim was saying. Did Tim ever get a moment to finish a complete thought?

MattyG

Banned
Watch Daredevil.

That is all.
I just finished the last episode.
giphy.gif

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I'm on the 4th episode and I just want to watch more and more. It's one of those shows I find myself thinking about well into the fact.
I love those Avengers references with the "Incident"

Anyway, I want to space out these episodes, I don't want to reach the end :(

Karu

I had seriously forgotten the style before using the "studio", haha. If you'ld have showed me a Tim Gettys talking about nailing Disney princesses in the regular set, I would have picked that one as true one. Memories, amirite? :D

Though the coffee table first appeared in episode 4, ha.

Karu

Their Borderland-Let's Play was terrible and I'm glad the majority of the YT-comments reflect that so the criticsm may reach them sooner rather than later. That's the one category of their portfolio that is severly lacking in quality - sometimes.

Back at home for the weekend so I can catch up with this weeks Colin & Greg Live in the morning, average internet connection ftw. :D

And the Star Wars-trailer? A godsend, so so awesome. "My gawd."

Battlefront! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_3x0dKFg5A They couldn't go to the event, so they Skyped in Chloe Dyskstra who was there to give her thoughts on the game. For those that don't know, Chloe has Star Wars in her genes. Her father, John Dykstra, worked on the SFX of Star Wars (A New Hope). He was the primary developer of the first computer controlled motion camera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dykstraflex), which was utilized to create the effect of ships flying in space. Now it's all done in CGI :(

Their Borderland-Let's Play was terrible and I'm glad the majority of the YT-comments reflect that so the criticsm may reach them sooner rather than later. That's the one category of their portfolio that is severly lacking in quality - sometimes.

Back at home for the weekend so I can catch up with this weeks Colin & Greg Live in the morning, average internet connection ftw. :D

And the Star Wars-trailer? A godsend, so so awesome. "My gawd."

What was wrong with the lets play?

Karu

What was wrong with the lets play?
I don't like the fact that they are just jumping in particular games without preparations. You can do that for Mount Your Friends, but not for Bloodborne or Borderlands.

Do a round before filming, or edit that shit at the beginning out if there aren't any fun things happening. You can do that on a live stream. Curated videos on YT, though? Eh. Also a small sense of progression or understanding. It was chaotic, and not the good kind. Therefore it comes of as if they don'T enjoy their time. And how am I suppose to care if they don't? (This is obviously subjectiv and speculatory, but that's all that matters for the audience.)

Look, I get it. Some just want to consume their personalities, but I don't believe, KF don't care about the quality at all. The feeling of "we film shit and put it up regardless" doesn't translate to good entertainment for me personally. And again, they are several let's plays that work wonderfully. The afromentioned Mount Your Friends is absolutely fantastic, but that's because it lends itself well to the format the KF-crew chose to do. A game, that's silly and is fairly easy. With BL & stuff? Do it right, or don't do it at all. (Or leave it at Twitch.)

I don't like the fact that they are just jumping in particular games without preparations. You can do that for Mount Your Friends, but not for Bloodborne or Borderlands.

Do a round before filming, or edit that shit at the beginning out if there aren't any fun things happening. You can do that on a live stream. Curated videos on YT, though? Eh. Also a small sense of progression or understanding. It was chaotic, and not the good kind. Therefore it comes of as if they don'T enjoy their time. And how am I suppose to care if they don't? (This is obviously subjectiv and speculatory, but that's all that matters for the audience.)

Look, I get it. Some just want to consume their personalities, but I don't believe, KF don't care about the quality at all. The feeling of "we film shit and put it up regardless" doesn't translate to good entertainment for me personally. And again, they are several let's plays that work wonderfully. The afromentioned Mount Your Friends is absolutely fantastic, but that's because it lends itself well to the format the KF-crew chose to do. A game, that's silly and is fairly easy. With BL & stuff? Do it right, or don't do it at all. (Or leave it at Twitch.)

That's fair, I don't mind if it's entertaining but I agree for people who actually are interested in the game it's not a good format.

It's one of the reasons I stopped watching Giant Bomb's Quicklooks, as half the time they have no idea what they are doing and just blatantly spew false information about the game that they make up as they go. There's no interest in providing any sort of education on the game or trying to learn it and it sounds like this falls under that same tree

N° 2048

Have to agree, I pass on all the Let's Plays because as much as I love the crew fooling around, I'd like for them to actually play a good chunk of a game and talk about it rather than just playing it on a whim.

Don't know if that makes sense but the Let's Plays are just all over the place.

Mezoly

It seems that they took down the Borderlands video. I agree that video should've started 10 minutes after the current starting time. Also I don't think a 4 way split screen is watchable for a shooter.

sora87

Yeah the only content I skip of theirs is the let's plays, they're just not long enough usually and there's no progression.

Ledbetter

I also agree that the quality of Let's Play isn't that good compared to the other stuff they do. I hope that them taking down the Borderlands video is a signal that they will try to improve the quality of their LP.

Megaman X video was kinda good, though.

Maximo

Yeah I'm fine with them doing Let's Plays or even Long Plays just they need to either play the game alittle beforehand to get a feel of it, or edit them alittle in a more enjoyable format.

N° 2048

They should hire Chloe to be part of KindaFunny. I really liked her energy with Colin and Greg in the Battlefront video.

Top Bottom