• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 download ver on PS4/XO requires 50-60GB hard drive space?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Solo Act

These sizes, if accurate, are going to make me seriously reconsider going digital next generation. And I'm on 40MBs internet.

JJD

Well, even considering that I plan to upgrade my PS4 HDD to the biggest one I can find day one, it seems my next gen digital only plan is screwed.

Fuck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Have you see that beard tech? Harden's beard probably takes up half the space.

And yeah the PS4 (and presumably XB1) version of 2K14 looks way better than the PC version, at least without mods.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, even considering that I plan to upgrade my PS4 HDD to the biggest one I can find day one, it seems my next gen digital only plan is screwed.

Fuck.

That's exactly why I abandoned the all digital plan. Even after the upgrading the HDD, it wouldn't last long enough to be worth the added cost in my view.

JJD

Oh and Sony better allow us the pre download games before the release...

That's exactly why I abandoned the all digital plan. Even after the upgrading the HDD, it wouldn't last long enough to be worth the added cost in my view.

I think the best HDD for a PS4 right now would be a 1TB hybrid HDD. That would be good for about 10-15 retail games and a couple digital only ones.

That's just not enough space for me... :-(

Solo Act

Looks like it's time to pick up a 3TB on Black Friday...

I may be wrong, but I don't think they make them that large in the 2.5" form factor. For the PS3 earlier this year, the largest I could find that would fit was 1.5TB. There are 2TB 2.5" drives, but they're too fat for the PS3. No idea about the PS4, but I think it's a fair assumption that the HDD bay will be the same size as PS3.

60GB?!

dlWK8Mp.png

Doomtrain6

Neo Member
Get your external 2TB, 3TB or 4TB USB 3.0 external drives fast, before the prices go up

(Does PS4 or XBONE support GPT besides MBR?)

ACH1LL3US

Wow.. I wanted to go all digital.... space will fill up quick if these sizes are to be true.. and XB1 doesn't allow upgraded HDD so were going to be deleting games and installing left and right in no time.

Long live retail. You digital only dudes are nuts. I do wonder what will be the install sizes with the disc though. does it instlall all the data from the blu ray? I hope not MS and Sony both bullshitted with paltry ass 500 gig hard drives.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wow.. I wanted to go all digital.... space will fill up quick if these sizes are to be true.. and XB1 doesn't allow upgraded HDD so were going to be deleting games and installing left and right in no time.
XB1 allows external drives to expand your current one. You can install games in the external drives after and update coming after launch.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Do both systems install the full game even if you have the disc.

I know Xbox One does, not sure on PS4.

Essentially if you have shitty internet and want to go digital you could borrow/rent the disc, have it installed on the Xbox then purchase the game off Marketplace. In theory the only stuff you'd need to download then would be any updates.

jbug617

Banned
Does anyone know if you need double the space to download a PS4 game (50GB download would need 100 GB space)?

you can use an external hard drive.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Yeah, even with my fast internet, I wouldn't bother downloading a game of that size. I mean 1/10th of the hard drive filled up just by one game.

Why are they adding together the storage space requirements for the PS3+PS4/360+XB1?

Non-replaceable HDDs and mandatory installs are not a good combination.

Also the idea of a DD-only future is laughable with bandwidth caps and internet speeds in many places.

You can only fit 9 games on the consoles? I guess they are both hoping for streaming to win over. Which console supports external HDD game play?

With these file sizes, they should have just made the consoles have something like a hot swappable hdd. Setup with something like a small ssd for the os and system files and a separate hot swappable hdd for the games.

ACH1LL3US

XB1 allows external drives to expand your current one. You can install games in the external drives after and update coming after launch.

Oh! Will PS4 offer the same option? If so what is the largest external HDD can I get? I would assume I would want USB 3.0? I think both consoles have USB3.0 on the back of the system.

Top Bottom