• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 domain registered by Remedy

derFeef

Registrant:
Remedy Entertainment, Ltd
Paivantaite 8
ESPOO, FIN 02210
FI

Domain Name: ALANWAKE2.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Remedy Entertainment, Ltd markus @REMEDY.FI
Paivantaite 8
ESPOO, FIN 02210
FI
+358943550411 fax: +358943550444

Record expires on 28-Dec-2013.
Record created on 28-Dec-2005.
Database last updated on 3-Jun-2012 12:38:40 EDT.

Well that's quite suspicious.
Also in line with the Viral marketing:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476641

Salsa

yup, between this and yesterday's thing, pretty much confirmed its happening.

Im still happy sam tweeted about that blog yesterday since it was a much more awesome reveal than this leaking out :p

what does the "Record expires on 28-Dec-2013." bit means tho?

Dabanton

Nice.

And I really need to finish 'American Nightmare'. I downloaded it but had no time to play as I had too much work on the go.

Card Boy

Banned
246kv21lzhg.gif

Alphahawk

I hope this one has more varied environments than the first one did. It probably will though, given that the first one was initially developed as an open world game, while, I assume, this one would be built from the ground up as a level based game.

EDIT: I also kind of wished they called it Alan Wake:Season Two or if they were feeling really fancy Alan Wake: The Complete Second Season, but I guess they still have time to change it.

Yager

Banned
quick, register ALANWAKE3.COM!

I rememeber a guy that bought the domain 'PES-2015.com', why did he do that? He said that, with the domain being registered by his name, Konami would've to pay him thousands of € so they could use it for the game. Poor guy.

Fjordson

Remedy has said they themselves won't be at E3, but have they ruled out any game being shown by someone else? Like a Microsoft?

derFeef

Remedy has said they themselves won't be at E3, but have they ruled out any game being shown by someone else? Like a Microsoft?

Yes.

Yeah, like I mentioned there will be no announcements or anything at all. Both by us or any 3rd party. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's better than hoping and being disappointed when E3 comes and goes.

tiong_fi

Domain Name: ALANWAKE2.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Name Server: NS19.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS20.WORLDNIC.COM
Updated Date: 27-oct-2008
Creation Date: 28-dec-2005

Expiration Date: 28-dec-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:55:52 UTC <<<

Stop getting your hopes up, nothing to see here. They have also registered alanwake3.com on the same day.
Registrant:
Remedy Entertainment, Ltd
Paivantaite 8
ESPOO, FIN 02210
FI

Domain Name: ALANWAKE3.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Remedy Entertainment, Ltd markus@REMEDY.FI
Paivantaite 8
ESPOO, FIN 02210
FI
+358943550411 fax: +358943550444

Record expires on 28-Dec-2013.
Record created on 28-Dec-2005.
Database last updated on 4-Jun-2012 05:09:38 EDT.

Alphahawk

eh we're taking a company's word for it. One that probably would like it to still be a surprise. The fact that Sam Lake tweeted some cryptic measeges about "It happening again in a different town" gives me hope.

wow, one more game for MS conference ?! So that's like, 5 now (Halo 4, Forza Horizon, CoD Blops 2, Gears, Alan Wake 2)

That's more than last year

Feindflug

wow, one more game for MS conference ?! So that's like, 5 now (Halo 4, Forza Horizon, CoD Blops 2, Gears, Alan Wake 2)

Announcing AW2 today would've been fuckin' awesome news but I highly doubt it, keep your hopes in check people.

Supposedly there will also be a new IP shown today, hopefully it's not Kinect shovelware.

derFeef

Please for the love of god this. If the trailer ends with "coming to ps3/360/wiiu/pc spring 2013" I'm going to blow the fuck up...

Job listings suggest they are working on the next iteration of the engine and the new project is "future generation consoles". Clearly not 360 or PS3.

Shaneus

I know Sam Lake was the original Max, but damn if his Twitter pic isn't the spitting image, moreso than the picture used on the MP Wikipedia page.

I'm holding out for more Panzer Dragoon Kinect (whatever it was called) and hopefully (but doubtful) some word on a new Project Gotham game.

Top Bottom