• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Well I only have the free +1 CE and only recently bought the +3 CE. I sunk about 5 ticket and 40K FP for nothing. So every run gives me +7.

1 hour = 12 AP
1 day = 288 AP = 57.6 Run of 5AP

If you buy 2000 dango CE, then on average it gives about +6 per run (assume a drop rate of 2 rare 1 normal). This means the expected rate of return is 345.6 dango per day of owning the second piece. Doesn't seems worth it when the event only has 4 days left.

Actually, at this rate I won't even have enough dango to clear the shop nevermind the 2K CE.

57.6 run x 16 dango x 4 = ~3700 dangos. All pieces, Monument and fou = 6000 dangos.
If you buy the second event CE, you should be getting +10 (minimum) per run, either standard or rare dango (probably the latter, given the red chest rate).

+3 for 500 Moonfest CE
+3 for 2,000 Moonfest CE
+3 for friend Moonfest CE
+1 for story quest Mooncell CE

That's without any additional Mooncell CE, from either the FP or premium gacha.

Anyway, grabbing the second CE isn't really needed, just go with the single one you have now. I get +11 with every run, since I lucked into few additional Mooncell CE, but this won't be everyone. Just grind with the +7 you have now, and hope you get another Moonfest CE as a drop. If you don't, and need to make a sacrifice, I'd maybe pass on the +HP Fou, as the +ATK ones are more valuable than +HP. As for the Pieces/Monuments, you could probably pass on the Pieces too, since they don't seem too terribly difficult to grind for, but the Monuments you definitely want to grab all of them, even if you don't have a class right now that uses them. You will eventually, and will be happy you have them in-stock.

yippeed

Neo Member
Why is everyone putting the pieces into the must buy section? I seem to have enough just mindless grinding out for monuments during the dailies? Are they eventually used for something other than first and second stage ascensions?

And what a troll of the game. Just moved on to grind the 30 AP quest and fully expected just to finish the weekly master quest with caster gems. So far in ~20 attempts the demon has only dropped four golden chest and none of the silvers I expected. 1x gold skill gem and 3x hearts!!! Sure I need the hearts and all but really?!

Articalys

I got another CE from a drop so my battle plan has shifted to running Herc/Lancelot/support 'zerker on the front line, all with Moonlight Fest. Back row still has the 2x Automaton and Journey. Takes a bit longer for each battle but not by too much.
Almost have the monuments cleaned out, then I'll probably get the Rider pieces (since I only have 6 of those compared to 32 Archer and 23 Assassin), then the ATK Fou, then I'll probably shift to 30AP for (a low chance at) hearts and clean up however many of the the rest of the pieces and the HP Fou I can get.

Why is everyone putting the pieces into the must buy section? I seem to have enough just mindless grinding out for monuments during the dailies? Are they eventually used for something other than first and second stage ascensions?

Almost all future events will have drop bonuses on specific servants. You'll want to ascend everyone at least a couple of times so they're usable when the time comes.

RSchmitz

I'll keep doing the 5ap during the weekend so I have a good buffer and can do the 30 ap during the week. I'm almost done with pieces too so whatever.

Does the CE work for the rerun? I might go for the 2nd CE if it will make it easier for me next year.

chrono01

I'll keep doing the 5ap during the weekend so I have a good buffer and can do the 30 ap during the week. I'm almost done with pieces too so whatever.

Does the CE work for the rerun? I might go for the 2nd CE if it will make it easier for me next year.
It does indeed.

5AP oriented events are definitely bad civilization - even if I can multitask with reading visual novel or watching something it still is insane amount of time to spend with phone.

Zhao_Yun

Got 3 moonfest CEs as a drop and 1 from the shop. So 5 in total with support. Managed to get all monuments and pieces already thanks to that. Will probably stop farming the 5ap quest tomorrow and instead try to get one more caster monument from the daily instead.

Strimei

If it helps, we'll eventually get that free 4* Rin/Ishtar (Rider), so if you fail to pull the 5* version there's always that as a backup.

True. Still gonna try for both because I hate my wallet clearly!

Also the case for Scathach but I gotta try for her all the same.

I'm starting to realize that the majority of my team is always going to be made up of Lancers, Archers, and Berserkers (I seriously cannot wait to get Penthesilea on my team).

elty

Doing some math myself...

Event ends on Wednesday night, so 99 more hours left
1188 AP = 240 runs

- Assumption: 16 dango per run (1+7) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5)
- current stack = 880
- after 70 runs, have 2000 dangos
- Buy CE
- return become 22 dango per run
= 3740 dangos from the remaining 170 runs

Enough for all the pieces and monument. Although I am not sure if buying the 2000 CE for a event 16 months later is really worth it.

y_2a9ecc9a.jpg

Question: How to make a hamster to press the button as much as he can.

If you simply give him food after pressing a button, he'll only press it as much as he needs.

But if the food will appear after some random number of button pressing, he'll press it as much as he can.

Why does the box has "Property of Blizzard" label on the side?

Strimei

Altria has been really disappointing when I use her. She does less damage at level 80 than Tamamo at level 50.

To be fair part of that is Tamacat being a berserker. You also have to deal with the whole weak-to-everything aspect because of it.

Vyr's Arturia's been a beast for me, almost always my go-to for support.

Kieli

To be fair part of that is Tamacat being a berserker. You also have to deal with the whole weak-to-everything aspect because of it.

Vyr's Arturia's been a beast for me, almost always my go-to for support.

True, true. Tamacat hasn't been too bad at surviving since I stuck the 60% NP CE on her, so I can reliably trigger the NP and heal her so that she survives until wave 3.

Altria has been really disappointing when I use her. She does less damage at level 80 than Tamamo at level 50.

Berserkers are strong against everything.

At level 50, Tamacat has 5,558 ATK. She has a 1.5 multiplier for being a Berserker, so 5,558 x 1.5 = 8,337 ATK. This is her actual effective ATK. Muhuhu~

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

You need to use her buffs aggressively, she's not actually that bad for non-bersekers (especially if she has class advantage), plus she has a ton of HP for longer fights. Tamano dies way too quickly given her berserker weakness, and in tougher fights her NP heal effect isn't enough to cover damage if she gets picked on.

Altria shines if she has NP2 or higher - with her attack buff and buster buff active I find her NP much more effective than Tamamo's NP for clearing servant waves. The main issue is if she faces archers, of course. She won't deal as much damage, but her HP will at least help her survive a bit (assuming no crits land).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nothing like getting a red and gold chest drop from the demon in the 30AP quest and it turns out to be a fuckin' exp. card.

this troll ass game

RSchmitz

I thought I was going mad doing the 30ap quest, but it finally happened:

I finally managed to do this:

and my dango farmers now look like this (most of the time)
You can equip just change some servants around. Mash is 0 cost. You'd miss some bond pts but it can be done.

Laiza

Nah, EX luck is getting two Moon Fest CE drops two days into the event, cutting the farming time effectively in half.

Which happened to me, by the by.

Too bad this luck doesn't carry over to my gacha rolls...

T-Rex.

Banned
I've had some crazy luck on the JP server in the last month (five 5* servants in like 3 weeks), and in this I can't even get the daemon to drop one shitty gold chest. These drop rates are killing me.

chrono01

I thought I was going mad doing the 30ap quest, but it finally happened:

I finally managed to do this:

and my dango farmers now look like this (most of the time)
Congrats on the Gilgamesh ascension!

I'm one scale away from doing it, but I don't want to take time out of the Moonfest farming to grind for it. I need more items from the store. :(

Strimei

Smile protected~

I'm honestly happy I went with EMIYA for my choose-your-4*. Always was a favorite way back when I started and he's been my ace throughout. GARcher himself is with me for the long haul.

Congrats on the Gilgamesh ascension!

I'm one scale away from doing it, but I don't want to take time out of the Moonfest farming to grind for it. I need more items from the store. :(

Thanks!

I take it you need dragon scales then? Because if it's hearts (like me) you could just do the 30ap quest and don't lose out on that many dangos.

chrono01

Thanks!

I take it you need dragon scales then? Because if it's hearts (like me) you could just do the 30ap quest and don't lose out on that many dangos.
Yeah, I need just a single scale, haha. SO CLOSE!

Edit:

To those of us grinding 5AP dango, I think we can relate to this.

artoria_pendragon_emiya_shirou_and_saber_fate.jpg

Translation:

(Top Panel) Normal Gameplay:

Saber - "I DON'T WANT SILVER, GIVE ME GOLD ONLY, PLEASE!"
Saber - "THE GOLD CHESTS AREN"T DROPPING AT ALL!"

Bottom Panel: Do Moon Goddesses Dream of Dango?

Saber: "GIVE ME SILVER CHESTS! I WANT SILVER!!!
Saber - "COME ONNNNNN! NOT ANOTHER GOLD CHEST!"

Emiya: "Why the change of heart?"

Strimei

I'm honestly kinda amazed at folks cleaning out the shop.

Getting the first CE was annoying enough, at this point I'm just focusing on monuments and pieces and forget the rest.

icedragon08

Neo Member
Thanks!

Not really true in most cases. If I would switch from 5 to 30 ap now I would only get about 1/4 of the dangos (my bonus is +14 so it would be less bad for people witch a smaller bonus or more bath CE's).

I use this sheet to track my dangos. With this I'm able to see when I can switch to 30 ap without getting to many/few dangos for the shop.

Only 3* exp and HP fous left and I'm finally done. Can't wait to go back and farm stuff with a 3% droprate...

yippeed

Neo Member
RIP for another week of master mission requesting caster gems during event week.

Never even saw a silver chest drop from the demon.

Mupod

I can't do the 5AP grind. This is what happens if I even try it:

SMYM3My.gif

I'm just doing the 30AP one with the double-drops thing from a support Gil on my list. I bought one of the CEs, cleared out Archer monuments and I'll just get what I can before it ends.

On the bright side, I've found two hearts and some caster gems.

kewlmyc

I can't do the 5AP grind. This is what happens if I even try it:

SMYM3My.gif

I'm just doing the 30AP one with the double-drops thing from a support Gil on my list. I bought one of the CEs, cleared out Archer monuments and I'll just get what I can before it ends.

On the bright side, I've found two hearts and some caster gems.

You and me both. I'll persevere until I unlock the rest of my silver statues, but then I'm going for 30AP to farm hearts and dangos for the Fou cards.

This game really needs an auto function.

deanote666

I just started this game.

What should I be spending my dumplings on (hardest items to get long term)?

What's the best mission to farm dumplings? I can only barely do the intermediate so I'd prefer to not farm that one.

Level 16.

What's the best mission to farm dumplings? I can only barely do the intermediate so I'd prefer to not farm that one.

Level 16.

Definitely get the monuments if nothing else.

Fortunately, buying the cheapest copy of Moonlight Fest and farming 5AP (with your copy of Mooncell Automaton) is the most efficient way to farm.

Articalys

I'm hoping I can get at least two hearts from 30AP, then I can 4th ascend Emiya right away and have enough for Herc's 3rd ascension as soon as I get enough Berserker monuments.

Kenai

I fully ascended my Emiya. He's been doing enough work on this event that I feel like he earned it.

I'm gonna need a literal truckload of gold cards come Nobu, but that's ok.

deanote666

Thanks!

Any tips for episodes 3 and 4 of the event for a new player? What's the best way to get exp cards? Currently using berserker and ruler class.

Kenai

Thanks!

Any tips for episodes 3 and 4 of the event for a new player? What's the best way to get exp cards? Currently using berserker and ruler class.

Exp cards have dailies dedicated to them every day for different classes in the Chaldea Gate. Do the highest level ones you can when you can, and while there is a small boost for matching the class and the card, it's fine to just use whatever you have. It's not really a good time to farm exp with the event out, though.

The higher level event might be pretty difficult, but a high level support like Jeanne might be able to carry you through.

deanote666

Exp cards have dailies dedicated to them every day for different classes in the Chaldea Gate. Do the highest level ones you can when you can, and while there is a small boost for matching the class and the card, it's fine to just use whatever you have. It's not really a good time to farm exp with the event out, though.

The higher level event might be pretty difficult, but a high level support like Jeanne might be able to carry you through.

I have Jeanne up to level 20, NP level 2. No ascension yet.

Just finished mission 3. Mission 3 was actually easier than 2 imo. Working on getting dumplings for mission 4.

What's the fastest way to level up the master right now (for AP regeneration)?

What's the heart grind people are speaking of?

I also did the data download on wifi to reduce data usage but still seems to be using a lot of data?

Kieli

Just finished mission 3. Mission 3 was actually easier than 2 imo. Working on getting dumplings for mission 4.

I also did the data download on wifi to reduce data usage but still seems to be using a lot of data?

The data download speeds up load times and animations; I don't think it cuts down on data usage.

The heart grind is referring the "Heart of a Foreign God", which is a gold-rarity material used to upgrade Servant's max levels & skill levels. Unfortunately a lot of servants need hearts, which is why people are grinding the 30AP Moonfest free quest to try and get it.

Level 16.

We're about halfway through the event, so you don't have as much time as everyone else...so I agree with Remembrance's advice to aim for the Pieces. They are rare drops needed for servant Ascension (evolution, basically) and events like these are the best opportunity to grab 'em in bulk.

The key to making this event less of a grind is to equip your Servants with certain moon themed Craft Essences (Mooncell Automaton, Moonlight Fest, etc.) to increase your dumpling yield.

The strategy was for the player to earn enough dumplings to buy all the copies of Moonlight Fest from the Event Shop and equip them on their Servants, and then grind whatever Quest that had the drops they needed, but since you have less time, you're probably going to have to rely on the Mooncell Automaton you earned from completing one of the beginning quests.

Duplicates of Mooncell can drop from the Friend Point Gacha, which you get a free 10 Roll in every day. Also, copies of Moonlight Fest can drop as you farm the Quests. If you're lucky enough to obtain these CEs, equip 'em on your guys/gals ASAP.

Well... you could also try to aim to buy the 500 dumpling Moonlight Fest first to make things a little easier for you for the remainder of the Event. I guess it'll be worth it if you plan to grind like crazy.

Anyway, the most efficient Quest to grind is actually the 5 AP one. All the enemies are Saber type, so Archer type servants will make it a cakewalk.

I think they're referring to picking a high level (60+) Jeanne from the Support List. Jeanne is a reliable Tank, since she's resistant to all types.

Fastest way to level up your Master is to do the 30 AP and 40 AP Ember Gathering Quests in Chaldea Gate. Borrow a strong Berserker to help clear them.

Thanks!

Also, is the goddess's bath craft essence only from the 10 summon or is it dropped in one of the quests?

Bath is only in the quartz summon (1 or 10 will work).

Basically, every event there will be some CEs that can only be summoned, and other CEs that can be either dropped or bought but not summoned.

Thanks!

Also, is the goddess's bath craft essence only from the 10 summon or is it dropped in one of the quests?

I think it's Saint Quartz Gacha only, sadly. Word going 'round that Bath is more useful when you're grinding any Quest but the the 5 AP one. If you're focusing on the 5 AP quest, it seems like it's better to load up on Moonlight Fests.

Anyway, I've been avoiding the Gacha this time because the Event Servant rate ups aren't that great. I was throwing Summon Tickets at it out of boredom... but I didn't get anything of note and now I have no tickets. Serves me right.

Articalys

Sorry, can I have that link to whatever the most up-to-date friend list document is again? I'll try to remember to bookmark it this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom