• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

RedZaraki

Banned
Here's my idea for a ELT malboro Strat:

Team:

Wilhelm
Tilith
2 x Firion
Ace
Friend Dark Veritas

Ace AOE 75% Imperil
DV AOE Debuff
Both Firions equipped with 9S TMR for AOE chaining + Fire Weapons For Element chaining. Their killers should all be kicked in as well.
Wilhelm tanks. Tilith heals.

Ace is also mana battery.

DV has Mitigation Shield and Dark Resist AOE.

Syntsui

Here's my idea for a ELT malboro Strat:

Team:

Wilhelm
Tilith
2 x Firion
Ace
Friend Dark Veritas

Ace AOE 75% Imperil
DV AOE Debuff
Both Firions equipped with 9S TMR for AOE chaining + Fire Weapons For Element chaining. Their killers should all be kicked in as well.
Wilhelm tanks. Tilith heals.

Ace is also mana battery.

DV has Mitigation Shield and Dark Resist AOE.
That's pretty safe and should work just fine. Having two 9S TMs opens up a lot of possibilities on the Friend List. Dark Veritas is straight up fantastic.

I'm going to take the time to try the Malboro trial, but I can't find a good guide as to what he even does. Anyone have a link?

Also, nobody ever mentions what status effects it does and what to prepare for. Is it just expected every unit has a ribbon equipped?

Gyoru

I just figured a unit would die, res and die again on the same turn. It's pretty crazy you can cheese the fight by only using RIkkus res. But what I don't understand is if this is the case, how come more people aren't beating it this way? And what about the double Rikku users, wouldn't they be "invincible?"

Also, why were you using generals command with wilhelm when Rikkus LB does the same thing plus auto res?

I meant General's Battlecry - the ATK/MAG buff.

People have been clearing it with 2 Rikkus. It's where I got the idea for Rikku + Entrust user.

So, I'm cruising along elt Malboro and suddenly it blew away my Rikku. Is this normal?
I'm pretty fucked now and if there's a chance of that always happening I'm not going to bother with this.
Double Rikku may be the only option if it can take away my units.

I used to think Reddit or something had handy guides that showed bosses moves, when they use em, thresholds ect, but I don't see one for this thing.

If anyone has a link, (and not a link to what someone else used) it'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to know the bosses move list, stats, thresholds, fight mechanic. I can't find anything.

Syntsui

So, I'm cruising along elt Malboro and suddenly it blew away my Rikku. Is this normal?
I'm pretty fucked now and if there's a chance of that always happening I'm not going to bother with this.
Double Rikku may be the only option if it can take away my units.

I used to think Reddit or something had handy guides that showed bosses moves, when they use em, thresholds ect, but I don't see one for this thing.

If anyone has a link, (and not a link to what someone else used) it'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to know the bosses move list, stats, thresholds, fight mechanic. I can't find anything.
If you kill both Marlboros every 4 turns, apparently, it doesn't trigger devour. If you can't prevent devour, just reset the game until it does so against a unit that is not essential.

If you kill both Marlboros every 4 turns, apparently, it doesn't trigger devour. If you can't prevent devour, just reset the game until it does so against a unit that is not essential.

Ok. Good tip. I'd still like to know the source of all this information. I'm assuming because this is a global event all of the information is scattered about, as I'm seeing various things on multiple forums but nothing congregated into one nice topic.

bonkeng

Just say if you need DV as friend unit + eq layout, mine is 20/25 LB (will be more when expedition gets high enough).

Yeah thanks.

I'm still figuring out what team to go for. I saw one guy on FB beating it with the trinity plus 3 Fryevia. He used Fry's AoE skill Flash instead of Blitz. DV's Dual Slash should beat out Fry's Flash in terms of damage and he also have dark immunity.

Celegus

Really wish NYC was just a little bit closer for me to get to. We would love to go to that fan festa thing, but it's just too hard to get there.

AkumaNiko

Whos the next set of summons? does anyone know? Wondering if i should save all these even daily tickets and try to get a A2 to go with me 2B or if i should save them

Visceir

Whos the next set of summons? does anyone know? Wondering if i should save all these even daily tickets and try to get a A2 to go with me 2B or if i should save them

JP getting GL exclusives and in return GL getting more JP exclusives!

(guessing it'll be onion knight mooge king event)

Oh it's Gumi, it will. They have brought every "limited" unit back in BF so they will do the same here. Especially this one as it made them a shit ton of money.

Question is how long? It'll probably be next year at the very least. I doubt they'll undercut the 'limited' terminology by doing another banner within the next few months.

across

GL schedule is (nearly) always new story content in the second week of a MK event, so the likely release is FF3 MK event (Onion Knight) next up and story expansion the following week.

Alkez

[JP] Finally got Lunera's song to level 2. Makes such a difference. The last story event mission was hard af for a newish player because of the physical and magic resist, as well as snort (such a bs mechanic). I got lucky and somehow managed to clear without anyone dying though.

Doctor_No

I wonder if a team with 3 DV would work. Plus the trinity of course.

Multiple DVs with pod 153s work great. I was able to get the Great Malboro down with two DVs and a A2 friend-unit also with pod 153, but I messed up and didn't time the kills right and the big one got revived. I just quit the battle in frustration, that mechanic is just annoying. I'll try again when I have more time, and farm another pod 153.

DV and his Abyss Guard really drives the point home how important having Dark resistance in this trail is. I'm considering farming Victoria's Dark Robe now, though it probably really won't be necessary.

Also, DV's Limit Burst works great on this boss, maxed its an enhanced Delita level def break. Its absolutely crucial during the times when Great Malboro can take damage. Two DVs and Friend A2 was able to do over half Great Malboro's damge in the two turns he was vulnerable thanks to that LB, but ultimately its also what screwed up my kill timing.

I just wish the reward was better given how tedious this trail is. That whip is mediocre, but only person that would really benefit from that is Dark Fina, but then her Dark Bond only works with staffs equipped. Only thing kinda nice is Malboro's Whisper.

Really wish NYC was just a little bit closer for me to get to. We would love to go to that fan festa thing, but it's just too hard to get there.

I wonder what the global exclusive unit will be? I kinda want to go just for that.

I love Artisan Lid's sprite, and her TM is pretty amazing, I just wish they made these units into 6* units.

Oh it's Gumi, it will. They have brought every "limited" unit back in BF so they will do the same here. Especially this one as it made them a shit ton of money.

BF is the only one they've brought back, I don't think they've brought any back in JP yet. So I don't think its a certainty.

However, given how popular Nier was I'm sure Gumi would want to cash in again. I'm sure Nier is going to return to JP with A2, let's see if they bring back 2B with her.

I'm also interested to see if Halloween and other seasonal units return. Given how old they are, its interesting that the Halloween units, like Dracu Lasswell and Demon Rain, haven't received their enhancements yet. They might be holding off until Halloween returns (but I would personally rather see them add new exclusive seasonal units).

udca

Just switched my Orlandeau to A2 for the raid cause I finally almost maxed her attack. Still needs 4 more pots but..

hucqAj4.jpg

Daaaaaaaaammmnnnn! That's 12-20 million more damage than I was doing.. and I could do more by buffing and using her LB over 2-3 rounds instead of 1.

BF is the only one they've brought back, I don't think they've brought any back in JP yet. So I don't think its a certainty.

However, given how popular Nier was I'm sure Gumi would want to cash in again. I'm sure Nier is going to return to JP with A2, let's see if they bring back 2B with her.

I'm also interested to see if Halloween and other seasonal units return. Given how old they are, its interesting that the Halloween units, like Dracu Lasswell and Demon Rain, haven't received their enhancements yet. They might be holding off until Halloween returns (but I would personally rather see them add new exclusive seasonal units).

It's a Global thing from my experience. In Brave Frontier the global version has had every limited unit come back outside of some select collabs. (Very few). JPN they don't. So I expect the same here Global getting repeats that JPN doesn't. Since Nier is a Square property that also greatly increases that probability.

bonkeng

Multiple DVs with pod 153s work great. I was able to get the Great Malboro down with two DVs and a A2 friend-unit also with pod 153, but I messed up and didn't time the kills right and the big one got revived. I just quit the battle in frustration, that mechanic is just annoying. I'll try again when I have more time, and farm another pod 153.

DV and his Abyss Guard really drives the point home how important having Dark resistance in this trail is. I'm considering farming Victoria's Dark Robe now, though it probably really won't be necessary.

Also, DV's Limit Burst works great on this boss, maxed its an enhanced Delita level def break. Its absolutely crucial during the times when Great Malboro can take damage. Two DVs and Friend A2 was able to do over half Great Malboro's damge in the two turns he was vulnerable thanks to that LB, but ultimately its also what screwed up my kill timing.

I just wish the reward was better given how tedious this trail is. That whip is mediocre, but only person that would really benefit from that is Dark Fina, but then her Dark Bond only works with staffs equipped. Only thing kinda nice is Malboro's Whisper.

I'm curious on why you went with a friend A2 instead of a 3rd DV? I'd assume DV is more suitable because of his dark affinity, plus his aoe deals more damage and would be able to chain together.

Doctor_No

It's a Global thing from my experience. In Brave Frontier the global version has had every limited unit come back outside of some select collabs. (Very few). JPN they don't. So I expect the same here Global getting repeats that JPN doesn't. Since Nier is a Square property that also greatly increases that probability.

I'm in agreement that we would likely see repeats of Nier. Its money on the table for SE.

Hopefully we see more interesting collabs with other good franchises, though I hope they are never dual 5*s again. Outside of Eve, these Nier units (or their TMs) are all excellent.

I'm curious on why you went with a friend A2 instead of a 3rd DV? I'd assume DV is more suitable because of his dark affinity, plus his aoe deals more damage and would be able to chain together.

A2 at that time was the only unit that matched my team.I believe the friend unit I was using was Dyer's, so it was already a perfectly built unit for this trail.

But the main criteria I needed for a third attacker was:

1. Fire element weapon: Malboro has +50% resist to Light/Dark, so I needed a needed an element that Ace could -75% imperil that could maximize damage.
  2. Pod 153: I needed Pod 153 as neither A2, nor DV, have a high hit count AOE chain that I could reliably spam. My goal is be able to take mini Malboros down in 3-4 turns, to avoid that snort move.
  3. Status Resist: I needed a unit that has Ribbon, Goddess's Protection, or Discernment equipped as I don't want to bring a unit to deal with it
  4. Killer Equipped: I needed a unit with Plant/Demon Killer/Diablos, etc equipped to maximize damage.

Oh thank goodness, the unit calculator is finally updated!

Great news! I use that site a lot.

bonkeng

A2 at that time was the only unit that matched my team.I believe the friend unit I was using was Dyer's, so it was already a perfectly built unit for this trail.

But the main criteria I needed for a third attacker was:

1. Fire element weapon: Malboro has +50% resist to Light/Dark, so I needed a needed an element that Ace could -75% imperil that could maximize damage.
  2. Pod 153: I needed Pod 153 as neither A2, nor DV, have a high hit count AOE chain that I could reliably spam. My goal is be able to take mini Malboros down in 3-4 turns, to avoid that snort move.
  3. Status Resist: I needed a unit that has Ribbon, Goddess's Protection, or Discernment equipped as I don't want to bring a unit to deal with it
  4. Killer Equipped: I needed a unit with Plant/Demon Killer/Diablos, etc equipped to maximize damage.

Ah i see. Thanks for the info.

Got one Pod 153 done, still have two more that I got from dailies. They really aren't dropping a lot of moogles in this raid.

Should I stick it on my B2 to help with Malboro?

I'm going to start working on Dandelga TM after finishing up Shine's.

Rixa

Got one Pod 153 done, still have two more that I got from dailies. They really aren't dropping a lot of moogles in this raid.

Should I stick it on my B2 to help with Malboro?

I'm going to start working on Dandelga TM after finishing up Shine's.

Mine is at 95%, it took 9 days for that, imagine if there wasn't any botting leveling the boss we would be far from it :x

I thought they were bots but no, it was the damage bug from 2B. Even with bots we never got so high before.

Out of curiosity I checked my Moogle count:

Resentment 90%.
Adam 475%
Virt Cont 65% (No unit)
Blord 85% (No unit)
Pod153 95%.
Raid points (all coins used) 4,386,773
Ranking 22609 (like I care)

Generally very shitty moogle drop rates.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just finished my 9S - im happy....should be happy. But man the fact that my alt has two 5* Chainers and my main has none kinda pisses me off.

I really would have needed that second 9S pull for another Pod 153. So stupid that my alt outdamages my main account lol.

Kakaroach

As a new player, this cactuar mission has been great. Leveled up all of the characters I pulled on the Nier banner with relative ease.

Celegus

Leveling Earth Vertias LB on Ifrit stage takes way more time than normally with all those counters >.>

9S does it too! Stupid counters... Rikku's was super quick to do, I miss her.

Been running my 3 9S in my TM party all weekend, got 20% on each that way because I know there's no way I'm gonna get enough moogles for all 3 of them. Gonna be so great for the next mog king event!

My 2B has been setup for the trial if anyone wants to take a shot at it. The pod, fire weapons, and Ribbon. Need other people to set up their 2B/A2 similar as well or share a +2 Ace.

Dandte

Gaf give me tips how to stop doing dailys and spend all my tickets on the stupid nier banner hoping for a waifu ;_____;

Top Bottom