• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

The Best Friends accidentally released the facebook update for a new Rustlemania. The links don't work yet, but according to the title card, they are playing something called "Cena's Sexy Adventure."

So kawaii.

zGXK58sB.jpg

The Best Friends accidentally released the facebook update for a new Rustlemania. The links don't work yet, but according to the title card, they are playing something called "Cena's Sexy Adventure."
Yeah I saw that. I wonder who would be on it? Liam can't date himself, can he?

Anung

Un Rama
Scalebound looks incredible! And Dark Souls 3 looks like it outclasses 2 in every way. The creature and boss designs look outstanding. Miyazaki showing up the DS2 b-team.

Bravo, Pat. You did marvelous job convincing me to give Steven Universe a shot ASAP. I already have season 1 on my PC but I'm watching Jojo Part 3 ATM.

Squishy3

So with Pat talking about Steven Universe and Adventure Time having lots of hijinks episode and very little plot I can't help but feel he should get back into Gintama. (Especially since he never actually experienced Gintama proper since he only watched the anime original episodes and not the ones that actually introduce you to the characters.)

Because Gintama has the best plot, and the best jokes around and turns the hijinks up to hijinks level maximum. And they're mini-arcs that are completely self-contained and don't leave you wanting for resolution at the end, outside of Gintoki's backstory (which AFAIK has never been completely explained, and is all the better for it) you aren't watching the episodes waiting for the plot to show up.

You're just watching them waiting for the shogun to show up.

It's actually probably closest to Cowboy Bebop where outside of the kind of rough beginning (before you first meet Takasugi, I feel that's when the show first picks up) it balances serious and funny perfectly.

Luffy and Goku are really interesting examples of the slow protagonists that Pat talks about because usually they 'get it' but they decide to have a good time anyways until shit gets really real and Luffy decides "aight party time's over, I'm putting an end to this shit' which are usually the hypest moments in the arc.

Top Bottom