• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All banned 360s get unbanned for a few hours and then rebanned, cause unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heysoos

So is anyone actually confirming this? A site I've never heard of, forum topic with 8 replies, seems kinda iffy. Is there anyone else running this? Also:

Earlier this morning, on April 26th, Microsoft unbanned every single console that has ever been banned from Xbox Live. It is un certain if Microsoft has a backup of all the banned consoles but as for now, there are no signs of the consoles being rebanned. With the unbanning of all the KV's this means all your Jtags will be unbanned as well, however booting them will still result in a near instant ban!

So uh, what's the point?

Edit: Guess there is more sites confirming this then? Microsoft better jump on this if true, modders basically ruined MW2 for me.

Nicktals

Banned
Heysoos said:
So is anyone actually confirming this? A site I've never heard of, forum topic with 8 replies, seems kinda iffy. Is there anyone else running this? Also:

So uh, what's the point?

You're unbanned until you try to go online again!

Dai101

Banned
GodfatherX said:
gonna go with they are doing this so players can come back and get the new update with a different type of security check making their flashed dvd drives useless

Probably (if true, which i don't think so). On the other hand, if i recall correctly the last massive ban wave that hit the 360 leave the flashed (and b& consoles) 360 drives unnable to install games to the HDD, then in the next update the b& console regained it's capacity to install games again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dance In My Blood said:
Everyone is idling games for an entire weekend to get a game to come out at midnight on the launch date?

It maxed out at around 30-40k users. "Everyone" didn't particularly care, not to mention you can launch more than one Steam game.

The Lamp

metareferential said:
It's a trap, of course.

image.php

Oh noes...the end of avatar quoting..

JaseC

The Lamp said:

The imgur Firefox add-on is great for avatar quoting (no idea if they have one for other browsers). Right click -> quick upload -> copy/paste direct URL.

Menelaus

Banned
I swear to God, that's the most egregiously space-hogging forum I've ever seen. I couldn't seven see this guy's post.

rXuig.png

hitsugi

crimzonflame said:
Last person I met was 1258 days ago.

and you used the same file that everyone is saying is corrupt, etc. to update your 360?

the whole thing is a little too weird right now.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Probably so that they reconnect the consoles to the internet and have them updated with the new disc thing.

If its not that, it might be some other reason.

Menelaus said:
I swear to God, that's the most egregiously space-hogging forum I've ever seen. I couldn't seven see this guy's post.

*snip*

ahahaha, forgot about the days of tacky forum sigs. So glad this site doesn't have them.

JaseC

SeanCookie sounds like a nick a 5-year-old would come up with. "Well, my name is Sean and I love cookies!"

Atomski

I bet it has to do with the new security stuff coming in the next dashboard update. Which is rumored to go live on the 29th. Can't be a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom