• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linda Hamilton returns to "Terminator".

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys," he said, referring to aging male actors still anchoring movies, ”but there isn't an example of that for women."

...I'm starting to think this old man didn't even watch Wonder Woman.

(or Fury Road)

border

You know. I always wondered what people like him do now? Like how does he make money?

Look at his IMDB page. He has had 2-3 acting roles almost every year for the past decade. 2000-2005 were his worst years, but even there he did roughly 1 movie per year.

Plenty of other "has-beens" just move on to some kind of normal day job, though. Or find jobs as directors, editors and other behind-the-camera work.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just let the fucking series die.

I will always watch any movie that has

Predator
Alien
Terminator

in the title. Thats how good the originals were, that I can keep doing this to myself for decades and it doesn't really bother me. Because if they can capture even half of what made the originals good, then automatically thats at least worth a matinee.

Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, were part of that room

WAOW!
image.php

quite shocked, honestly

EDIT: anyone else guessing that these new sequels will use multiple split-timelines theory to justify the existence of T3, Salvation, TSCC, and Genysis?

Slime

Banned
Linda Hamilton and Lena Heady team up to destroy the timelines inhabited by Nick Stahl, Christian Bale and Emilia Clarke that are threatening to unravel the multiverse.

Geist-

Killing everything past T2 continuity-wise and bringing back Linda Hamilton?

Cameron has brought my interest back from the dead.

border

I suppose the beautiful part of Terminator is that they can pretty much retcon T3, Salvation, and Genysis by sending a Terminator back to the period in between T2 and T3......new timeline, no baggage.

xandaca

So are they just going to ignore the events of Terminator Genisys?

Given it basically rewrote the original Terminator, everything thereafter is theoretically open to change. If Cameron and co. do want to keep continuity, Genisys, as shambolic as it was, is what should make it possible for Hamilton's Connor to still be alive post-1997.

Anyway, the Terminators have been crap since T2, so not holding out any hope here.

EDIT: Just remembered Sarah Connor Chronicles, which was pretty good, title aside. I liked Lena Headey as Sarah, too, even if she was quite different to Hamilton's original.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A washed up John Connor could be a cool idea. Dude lived off the grid, Judgement Day never came, so now he's some grizzled weirdo in a shack.

Linda coming back is cool. I'm kinda at the point where I don't give a shit though. They've fucked up so many times that I just *shrug* and hope for the best. This also applies to Alien.

jwk94

Wait, if they're bringing back Linda, does that mean they're bringing back John too?

I suppose the beautiful part of Terminator is that they can pretty much retcon T3, Salvation, and Genysis by sending a Terminator back to the period in between T2 and T3......new timeline, no baggage.

That didn't stop people from being mad about Sarah being different in Genisys.

Slaythe

Wait, if they're bringing back Linda, does that mean they're bringing back John too?

That didn't stop people from being mad about Sarah being different in Genisys.

Genesis undid the good movies while also being shit so it was begging for it.

Just like the argument that Robin Wright's cameo was anything more than that.

But it's not a cameo, so like

look, nevermind. You got a pair of goalposts on your back and that shit takes concentration to move all by yourself. You don't wanna pull nothin. I get it. blow a hammy, blow an o-ring. Shit is painful!

You go ahead there, he-man.

Lift with your legs, not with your back!

kmfdmpig

Just like the argument that Robin Wright's cameo was anything more than that.

Alfred Hitchcock's brief appearances in his films are cameos. Stan Lee's brief appearances are cameos. Robin Wright's role was definitely not a cameo. You can argue that she should have had a meatier role, but to say that she had a "cameo" is just 100% wrong.

Anung

Un Rama
Genisys was so abysmal that it killed all interest I had in Terminator outside of the first two so I'd rather it just die.

Top Bottom