• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHood

What report? Mind linking it?

Don't remember where I saw it, but I've heard that $500,000 starting bid detail too, hadn't connected it to the Crytek purchase. Could mean that actually they bought it for significantly less than that if you include the rumoured missing payments from THQ.

DocSeuss

Anyone want to pitch in and buy the Homeworld IP and make them release it on GoG and Steam? Otherwise it'll get relegated to obscurity and we'll might never ever see a digital release of them :(

Looks like the minimum bid is 500k according to reports, which is why Crytek got Homefront for 500k. So, if anyone is a half millionaire...

I'd seriously pitch in $2,000 if I could make it back.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was told that the minimum bid for individual IPs was ridiculously high so a $500k starting point seems pretty on par.

The bidding procedures say that bids go in $500K increments, so that would fit if the increment is also applied to the starting bid.

Lime

What report? Mind linking it?

I'm on my phone right now, but the article linked earlier in the thread stated that every incremental bid was 500k. Since Crytek got the unwanted Homefront IP for 500k and not less, I deduced that minimum bid must be 500k. So, I wasn't confirming anything as such, just stating a plausible conclusion.

EDIT: What Nirolak states above.

I'd seriously pitch in $2,000 if I could make it back.

You're the man, DocSeuss ;)

Seriously though, I have no idea how these companies can have so much money at hand, while individuals like ourselves are so incredibly poor.

sangreal

I assume those are publishing rights? Bacause THQ doesn't own the IP.

right, it would just be whatever their deal with THQ is, not the IP. it says "developer agreement". I'm not sure why anyone would do it instead of negotiating a new deal, but it seems to be possible to assume the contract and pay off whatever is in default

San Diego is long gone, most people have already landed at other companies. EA is not getting the WWE license unless something crazy happens.

Apparently the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer is saying that WWE used an escape clause and have already signed with "A leading sports game publisher". But since that's a subscriber newsletter, we have to wait and see if anyone can follow up on that yet.

EA or 2K is probably the best bet on who gets WWE if that one is true.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want to believe that they thought NeoGAF would be buying Homeworld title and blocked it. Delusions help me keep my sanity.

Personally I think its just Patrice refusing to believe that he's going back to Ubisoft so he's having every site reporting that rumor blocked off at work.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh man. Just got up and it is still going on. Dammit I want to know the fate of Company of Heroes, Relic, and South Park.

Obsidian would just find another publisher, that's all.

South Park is fine, that isn't one of their IPs being sold.

DocSeuss

You're the man, DocSeuss ;)

Seriously though, I have no idea how these companies can have so much money at hand, while individuals like ourselves are so incredibly poor.

The only reason I have that much money to spare is because I'm getting it from financial aid this semester. On a week-to-week basis, I worry about picking up food and gas. I can't even buy games anymore at this stage.

I'd kill to be able to help build an indie Homeworld-like game. Before my teacher decided to move everything to fucking SECOND LIFE, I was actually planning on working on a similar project with fellow students. Looks like that won't be working out now. Too bad I don't know enough like-minded people to make it happen.

duckroll

Obsidian would just find another publisher, that's all.

South Park is fine, that isn't one of their IPs being sold.

Obsidian can't do anything. They are literally powerless in this case because all they're doing is taking money to develop a game. They have zero rights in this.

Corto

Farewell THQ. RIP.

pbvfxTL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom