• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| Programmed in Smoke Signals

Persona7

Banned
I remember someone saying that they changed the "Despoiled" line in Silent Hill 3, I wonder if the 360 version has slightly different content because that line is still in the PS3 version.

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member
I just got to that part in the game and that scene is definitely still there.

Last night I reached that scene on PS3, and the first shot (the close-up of Pyramid Head and the goils) was cut. It immediately began at the long shot behind James, just before he hides in the closet.

On the PS3 at least, it definitely is censored.

Last night I reached that scene on PS3, and the first shot (the close-up of Pyramid Head and the goils) was cut. It immediately began at the long shot behind James, just before he hides in the closet.

i wonder if it's regional differences. do we know if that shot was censored in any regions previously? say it was cut in Europe, it's plausible that the PS3 region free disc would have that shot cut everywhere, rather than have to produce different discs for different regions. right?

Levito

Banned

I played up to that scene as well last night, and I'm pretty positive it's a loading problem. The game takes too long to fade in and part of the scene isn't visible as a result.

My god, it's just amazing how fucked up this collection is.

Levito

Banned
Konami: "HEY GUYS HERE'S AN IMMEDIATE PATCH FOR A PORT OF PS2 GAMES FROM 11 YEARS AGO....

BY THE WAY THIS PATCH FIXES NOTHING, THANKS FOR THE $40, ASSHOLES! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I played up to that scene as well last night, and I'm pretty positive it's a loading problem. The game takes too long to fade in and part of the scene isn't visible as a result.

My god, it's just amazing how fucked up this collection is.
Yep, I'm completely stunned by how bad this turned out. A huge slap in the face towards fans. There is nothing OK about this collection.

Who was responsible for the port again?

360 version here and the Pyramid Head scene has not been cut for me. The thing is there in its entirety.

I downloaded the PS3 patch last night and it did fuck all. It's still borked with shit framerates and stutters.:( I bought both to have on two different sets/systems at different locations but the PS3 version is just getting sold off at this point. I don't have any confidence they'll fix it.

kunonabi

I'm really disappointed and conflicted. On one hand I can finally play two of my most cherished games on current hardware, and they look really good. On the other, out-of-synch voices and sound effects, missing textures, music glitches, terrible walking/running glitch, lack of fog, no noise filter (it seems) make me notice those glaring flaws which takes away from my enjoyment. Plus, it feels like an insult to the original teams who made Silent Hill 2 and 3 look and sound amazing, and then this collection sullies that.

Why couldn't Konami have had Bluepoint handle this? Sure there were some missing effects in the MGS collection, but it was still a fantastic set regardless. Also, I would love to get the PC version of Silent Hill 3, but don't you need a pretty powerful machine to run that at max settings?

Oh and I hate the new voices for Silent Hill 3. Claudia sounds okay, but everyone else just sounds wrong. Harry's "otherworld" dialogue during the office building section sounded as though the guy came in, read the line, and left. The spoken lines don't always match up with the subtitles either. I heard Claudia say "unspoiled" rather than "despoiled" as well as Heather's line "I'll get you for this!" being changed to "I'll kill you, you bitch!" just before the rooftop fight.

"I'll kill you bitch"

Really? Just disgraceful and completely confirms everything I said about the new voicework.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Man. The PS3 version seems to be so completely broken it's debatable whether it should ever have been released or not. As it is, they might have been better off just doing the HD collection for 360 only, and putting up the PS2 versions on PSN.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man. The PS3 version seems to be so completely broken it's debatable whether it should ever have been released or not. As it is, they might have been better off just doing the HD collection for 360 only, and putting up the PS2 versions on PSN.
If they did that PS3 owners would at least receive the best versions of the game.

Levito

Banned

It's not like the 360 is much better off, it's still a fucking shitshow.

So.... Did that patch actually fix shit for the ps3 version?

Oh and I hate the new voices for Silent Hill 3. Claudia sounds okay, but everyone else just sounds wrong. Harry's "otherworld" dialogue during the office building section sounded as though the guy came in, read the line, and left. The spoken lines don't always match up with the subtitles either. I heard Claudia say "unspoiled" rather than "despoiled" as well as Heather's line "I'll get you for this!" being changed to "I'll kill you, you bitch!" just before the rooftop fight.

ibavJ3WppVj9Bs.jpg

Mr_Zombie

How's Vincent's new voice?

The performance of Silent Hill 2, right at the beginning is pretty horrible. It improves shortly after, but not by much (on PS3).

SH3 performs well enough, but there's still too many instances of stuttering, and it ruins the overall presentation. They should have had these games locked at above 30fps, no compromises.

Combichristoffersen

When the PS2 version came out a lot of people had trouble with the subway part, I remember my friends at school and people on the internet bitching about it.

(right after you get the shotgun)

What trouble did people have with the subway part?

Besides the part where the ghost pushes you onto the tracks

Persona7

Banned
What trouble did people have with the subway part?

Besides the part where the ghost pushes you onto the tracks

The part where you have to run past the insane cancer after getting the shotgun, then down the stairs to the bergan street platform, jump off onto the track and then run up to the door along the track, then back after you try to open the door.

I guess a lot of people didn't even know that door was there on the track and that you needed to trigger the event for the train to appear to continue.

The camera angle doesn't change unless you go right up to the very end.

I assume most people just tried to run past the insane cancer and back up the stairs instead of running past them

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When the PS2 version came out a lot of people had trouble with the subway part, I remember my friends at school and people on the internet bitching about it.

(right after you get the shotgun)

I had lots of goddamn trouble with it back in the day. I hope I don't have trouble this time around.

Combichristoffersen

The part where you have to run past the insane cancer after getting the shotgun, then down the stairs to the bergan street platform, jump off onto the track and then run up to the door along the track, then back after you try to open the door.

I guess a lot of people didn't even know that door was there on the track and that you needed to trigger the event for the train to appear to continue.

The camera angle doesn't change unless you go right up to the very end.

I assume most people just tried to run past the insane cancer and back up the stairs instead of running past them

Oh, yeah, that part. I can see why it would be a problem, since the game is rather obtuse about what exactly it wants the player to do there.

Persona7

Banned
Oh, yeah, that part. I can see why it would be a problem, since the game is rather obtuse about what exactly it wants the player to do there.

Yeah and that was before you could just look up a video on youtube!

I am reading a guide I printed out back in 2003 and the person who wrote it completely skips the details for that part, lol.

Levito

Banned
I'm surprised the usual game blogs havent picked up on the complaints yet and asked for comments.

I just tweeted Jim Sterling a few times, this really needs to be brought to light.

I Tweeted Max Scoville this thread and he replied with: "ew gross NeoGAF"

Better than nothing I guess?

UPDATE:

Jim just replied to me with with: "Already on it. It's an utter farce." on twitter, hopefully he tears it a new one.

UrbanRats

Just had someone on SHH confirm that both their 360 and their friend's PS3 copy wasn't edited. Maybe it just had a weird lag that caught up after the first two seconds from the person(s) reporting it?

This should be confirmed, because it's a pretty big deal.
As i said, technical problems, as shameful as they are are one thing, censoring is a whole other matter.

Yeah and that was before you could just look up a video on youtube!

I am reading a guide I printed out back in 2003 and the person who wrote it completely skips the details for that part, lol.

Oh man, I abused my schools printers so much to print out huge game guides back then.

Just had someone on SHH confirm that both their 360 and their friend's PS3 copy wasn't edited. Maybe it just had a weird lag that caught up after the first two seconds from the person(s) reporting it?

The start is clearly missing from this lets play, does seem like it's a loading issue (around 2:10)
http://youtu.be/ARvzXyf5KPA

Top Bottom