• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 2017 (Vita) confirmed for North American release

Takao

Banned
J4qYD.jpg

Via Official Facebook page.

Vitacat

What is the appeal of this series? So bad it's good? I've played it and just find it to be awful.

It's not for everyone. Basically it's an oldschool arcade game at heart. Mindless but fun, if you enjoy it. A lot of people do, including me.

KDR_11k

Sandlot on the go is a great thing, the short missions plus persistence makes it easy to push out some progress in a short amount of time (or at least have a memorable failure).

What is the appeal of this series? So bad it's good? I've played it and just find it to be awful.

Great third person shooting combined with a loot component (along with better loot on higher difficulties allowing you to push yourself to the limit) and ludicrous firepower/enemies.

surely we'll be getting 4 too then, yay.

Definitely makes it a hell of a lot more likely!

Damn, Now I have to think if I want a Vita for this game...
I still have EDF2017 on the 360 so I'm not sure how much I need this version. The flying character is cool, but I wonder if the game will run as "well" on the Vita as the 360.

androvsky

Yeah, only Scamco proper is missing with Vita localizations. No Tales of Innocence R either.

Do people know something about Hatsune Miku I don't? After having it teased at E3, I'd love to hear more...

Still, EDF looks like fun, never played one so this sounds like it'll make a decent starting point.

Even though I already own it on the the 360, this is the first game announced that would actually make me consider buying a Vita. EDF 2017 is that freaking awesome.

Not sure how well the Vita will be able hold up for this though. The game throws an ungodly amount of stuff on screen at once, especially later on.

Tobor

Well, I'm glad I didn't sell my Vita now.

This has additional content compared to the 360 version, right?

Vitacat

Even though I already own it on the the 360, this is the first game announced that would actually make me consider buying a Vita. EDF 2017 is that freaking awesome.

Not sure how well the Vita will be able hold up for this though. The game throws an ungodly amount of stuff on screen at once, especially later on.

One preview I read said it did just fine, no slowdowns or anything. Lower overall image quality to the PS3 version, but otherwise solid. Cannot recall where I read that though.

Top Bottom