• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2's Raven DLC is out in some parts of the world now.

Theswweet

Man, after thinking about it a little bit the
ending REALLY makes pretty much no sense. I mean, not even on a surface level.

So, the Bus never fell off the world, and so the Ark was never activated in the first place? That's, uh... then how did like half of the original game's plot even happen in that case? I mean shit, I thought the idea was to unfuck the timeline not make an even worse paradox.

Dunan

Do you need to match the DLC's region with your game's region?

(I have a NA PSN account, but played the Japanese version of the game.)

wapplew

OléGunner;232476351 said:
Yeeah.
Wondering how we start the DLC as well?

I'm about halfway through GR2 but got side tracked by Horizon.

Game take place within GR1 timeline, I don't think it will spoil the story of 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Will all DLCs be free?
When will the Nier Automata DLC be out?
No idea on the Nier Automata DLC, we don't even have any in-game screenshots or an official drawing of what it'd look like on Kat.

There's a Phantasy Star Online 2 outfit that's free, & this extra DLC was only made free on the grounds GR2 was delayed by a month, so they felt as an apology, this Raven story should be free as compensation.

So yeah, unless they announce more DLC for the game (which I doubt unless it's one more outfit for Kat or Raven), all of it is free.

wapplew

Sigh. Hype is pretty much gone.

Yeah devs, keep forcing those garbage stealth missions in non stealthy games.

Not half, 1 out of 6 chapters, not really stealth mission, If you finish GR2, a little like those final puzzle section.
Some very cool boss fight, great music as always.

jacobeid

Banned
can i download the update without the Bluray? I lended it to my brother

they were saying this is free for a limited time right?

Not sure about the first question but as far as I know, the DLC will remain free in perpetuity. Originally they planned to charge for it, but later decided to make it free as an apology for the delay from December to January.

Messed around for a little bit and found out she can do this. Wonder if Kat can do it too.
JaggedUnselfishDiplodocus.gif

Christhor

To call that part a stealth section is a stretch. I really enjoyed the DLC, didn't expect there it to give such feels though.
Although I expected the reason the kids weren't in GR2 was because they were dead or something.

Draikin 2

There's an interesting easter egg in the DLC's ending for those who played the original Gravity Rush:

Even if it's not explained, it does provide some closure.

Regarding the stealth sections: they're nothing like those in the full game. They're very easy and a lot more intuitive. And they're certainly not half of the content either.

maouvin

Fuck aerial battles with Raven against a lot of things that requires you to break 3 orbs to die.
Camera after landing, especially during fights, was pretty wonky too. At least the boss fights (except the last one) went nicely.

DLC was cute but there's still things to be made clear on the lore. Oh well.

There's an interesting easter egg in the DLC's ending for those who played the original Gravity Rush:

Hah, nice! Totally missed it.

I'm at chapter
right now and I'm pretty impressed with the diversity in the gameplay! I thought it would have been only battles after battles... Sad a little that until that point in her story I didn't heard any Night Gale theme song...

BigEmil

『Inaba Resident』;232493429 said:
Messed around for a little bit and found out she can do this. Wonder if Kat can do it too.
JaggedUnselfishDiplodocus.gif
That's cool i could see this be used for a speedrun lol

wapplew

Even if it's not explained, it does provide some closure.

Regarding the stealth sections: they're nothing like those in the full game. They're very easy and a lot more intuitive. And they're certainly not half of the content either.

That's really cool, still...better than nothing I guess.

just beat it

it was fun, a bit slow to start but once it got going it was fun

sad ending for Raven man, why does Raven always end up losing people who mean alot to her

Was not expecting that kind of multigenre experience, not the best DLC ever made but I had fun from the
tower defense
chapter until the end. And while the content is a little short to build a lot of narrative, that ending was indeed worth it... although when you think you have to leave the Gravity Rush IP behind on THAT note, well T_T

I need a new game announcement from Toyama asap pliz... and bring back Kohei Tanaka =)

ramyeon

This was a great hour or so of entertainment especially considering it was free. Enjoyed revisiting the world despite some frustrating moments.

Top Bottom