• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Mummy and Pirates commercials are starting to air, where's ma Wonder Woman???

Hmm..Yeah, it does come out between both those movies. Pirates is a sequel tho, and I'm not sure how much buzz this monster universe Mummy movie is getting..they might just be pushing tons of commercials this early because not enough folks are talking about them.

I'd expect to see the WW push in the next week. No doubt they'll have something ready to play in front of Guardians of the Galaxy..

Odoul

I wonder if one of these comic book movies is ever give Gendy Tartovski(?) a try. I can only imagine what he would come up with for Flash or Green Lantern or 4th World. Action and visuals would be on point.

The Lego Batman director got a chance. And lord knows as many times as Gendy has been dicked around by various studios he dewerves it.

One more Wonder Woman trailer? I really want to skip it. The last trailer felt like they wanted to pull another Doomsday moment, but actually restrained themselves. I don't have faith they'll do that again.

Closest thing to new news, Aquaman and Black Manta

7OwCXng.jpg

And seemingly Yahya Abdul-Mateen is finally allowed to say he's playing Black Manta.

WW still have one more trailer, right? Wonder if next week is the right time for it.

They HAVE to slap something in front of probably one of the most anticipated CBM sequels, right? The movie comes out a month after..seems like about the time they'd start making their push..imo, of course.

Ashhong

Just a tad bit off topic but I noticed Zimmer is doing a tour through the summer. I plan on seeing him in Atlanta. Anyone else going to one of the shows?

Me! Been looking forward to it for quite some time. Missed out on tickets for his show in LA earlier this month, but luckily he added more dates. His Coachella set was amazing and so are all of the youtube videos ive watched

Didn't someone say they would release new WW stuff every Wednesday until release?

Psykoboy2

Me! Been looking forward to it for quite some time. Missed out on tickets for his show in LA earlier this month, but luckily he added more dates.

Normally for concerts I like to be as close to the stage as possible, but I'm wondering how to go about for seating on this one. I don't know that close really matters so much in this case.

it will be a mistake if they don't, imo

I'm guessing the other two movies are pushing their trailers now because they feel they need to. Honestly, I think WW is gonna be fine. I assume we'll see the final trailer by Tuesday/Wednesday (GotG releases on the 25th in Australia and Italy).

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, there's gonna be another trailer? They've had 3 already. I don't want another one cause they're gonna show off Ares, you just know it.

Well, they haven't exactly titled one "Final Trailer" like most studios like to do when it's actually the last one. I hope there isn't another one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they push another one out in the next few weeks.

Well, they haven't exactly titled one "Final Trailer" like most studios like to do when it's actually the last one. I hope there isn't another one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they push another one out in the next few weeks.

How many do we usual get? If three, then it's a done deal..not saying they can't change that, obviously. WB's is called Official Origin Trailer, so that certainly leaves some hint to them dropping another?

Every other one does claim it's the final..

Ashhong

Normally for concerts I like to be as close to the stage as possible, but I'm wondering how to go about for seating on this one. I don't know that close really matters so much in this case.

Well the tickets are so expensive it wasn't even an option for me haha. I figured for something like this you want to see everything, so preferably I would do front row balcony. I think that's what I got actually

And there's still what, 2 months left? Seems like that is indeed enough time for one last trailer, but I hope there isn't.

Maybe out of the loop on Whedon moving past talks of directing Batgirl, but he more or less affirms it at the GOTG2 premiere. And who knows how much you can read into it, Barbara is neither cast nor does he have someone in mind.

BadAss2961

Maybe out of the loop on Whedon moving past talks of directing Batgirl, but he more or less affirms it at the GOTG2 premiere. And who knows how much you can read into it, Barbara is neither cast nor does he have someone in mind.
This broke out to the public nearly a month ago. He must at least have someone in mind by now.

Stop hanging out with those lames and get cooking, Joss.

Interesting/encouraging that he's looking for a new face for the role. Hope he gets whoever he might have in mind..doubt he doesn't already have a couple of people rattling in that giant noggin..

This broke out to the public nearly a month ago. He must at least have someone in mind by now.

Stop hanging out with those lames and get cooking, Joss.

lol..Quiet, you! Let folks be friends and be above the warz. Dude is still a producer on a currently running MCU show..with his brother, no less. Thought you weren't big on him anyway..😏

I wonder if one of these comic book movies is ever give Gendy Tartovski(?) a try. I can only imagine what he would come up with for Flash or Green Lantern or 4th World. Action and visuals would be on point.

The Lego Batman director got a chance. And lord knows as many times as Gendy has been dicked around by various studios he dewerves it.

would be fucking nuts to see a live action Genddy Tartakovsky (sp?) action movie. Dudes been stuck on these generic ass Hotel Transylvania cartoons, man it would be interesting to see him apply his talent fully to an action movie.

Bleepey

I find it funny that Feige knew about the Whedon thing. You'd think that thing would be under NDA. However I guess it's one of those on paper don't tell anyone outside these four walls but in practice just don't tell anyone that can't keep their damn mouth shut.

BadAss2961

lol..Quiet, you! Let folks be friends and be above the warz. Dude is still a producer on a currently running MCU show..with his brother, no less. Thought you weren't big on him anyway..😏
People get all sensitive when you crack on Marvel.

I'm not big on Whedon, but he's on board now. Batgirl suits him, and I imagine his movie won't look like ass under WB.

I find it funny that Feige knew about the Whedon thing. You'd think that thing would be under NDA. However I guess it's one of those on paper don't tell anyone outside these four walls but in practice just don't tell anyone that can't keep their damn mouth shut.

Whedon may have told DC that he will call him, won't want to burn any bridges anyway.

im really curiouso to see who they cast as Batman.

I hope they go with someone old like Kate Beckinsale.

If they follow on the older Batman thing Zack established then Batgirl in this universe would be somewhere in the 30-32 year old range,like nightwing.

But It seems Whedon is going for a somewhat uknown so i bet it's gonna be an actress around 24-25 max

I posted this on the last page. it seems he just wanted to let him know out of professional courtesy.

Joss Whedon called Feige about Batgirl.
Whedon spent years at Marvel not just as the writer and director of the two Avengers movies but also as a consultant, giving input on other projects. And thus when it was revealed he was taking on Batgirl for DC, fans were shocked at the news. It turns out Feige had known about it for a while. And was cool about it.

"He called a couple months ago, which he didn't have to do and was super cool of him and super nice of him," said Feige. "And we couldn't be more supportive. We want to see a Joss Whedon Batgirl film be awesome."

Penguin

WW comes out in June and I feel like no one is thinking about it. Is it just me, or is WB lagging with the promotion for it?

Seems like the discussion making the rounds on social media

I'm thinking it's more just a notice that they need to focus it on the final 2-3 weeks because so many mega-hits until then.

Like I mean how much promotion have you seen from King Arthur and out in 3 weeks

I'm thinking it's more just a notice that they need to focus it on the final 2-3 weeks because so many mega-hits until then.

Like I mean how much promotion have you seen from King Arthur and out in 3 weeks

A bit, actually.

Conversely, Justice League is getting marketed pretty well already and it doesn't drop until November.

How so?

Justice League had the trailer

It had a poster

And then they cut up the trailer and put gifs on social media. Haven't seen much else

For a movie dropping in November? It's everywhere. We keep getting new media and interviews around it. Wonder Woman is sandwiched between a Guardians sequel and an MCU Spidey flick, and it's a ton of people waiting on it that don't even realize it's coming in June. I keep having to check the date, and I'm all over this stuff. They're gonna ramp up promo in May (maybe?) for a June superhero flick? Compare where it's at with promo right now to where Suicide Squad and BvS were less than two months from release. They're not even comparable. A couple of trailers doesn't satisfy marketing this movie.

I just think it's weird. It looks decent. Why aren't they pushing it?

Top Bottom