• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

Grief.exe

So when can I play Halo 3 on Steam?

I would assume sometime this Summer.

Microsoft extended the GFWL Halo 2 integration until then.

They might just be doing that as a stop gap while Steamworks multiplayer is implemented.

This is somewhat supported by the Steamworks release of AoE II by Hidden Path Entertainment.

And further proof of Frankie's non-response a couple weeks ago, 'as far as 343 is concerned, there is no Halo port coming to Steam' (Paraphrasing)

Microsoft has likely partnered with Valve and outsourced these projects to various studios.

This is all speculation, but seems to be supported by various comments (both on twitter and Gaf), the steam data base, and Microsoft's current strategy.

imjust1n

Banned
I knew this was going to happen with halo coming to pc.
The reason is that the servers are easy to maintain and there would be tons of players.

Zia

Why is this stuff all streaming out at the same time? Coincidence, publishers trying to make some easy money during the generational shift, Valve working with partners to try and consolidate and position Steam as the de facto platform before they ramp up their Steam Box marketing campaign? It seems like a really exciting time for Steam (and PC and Mac and Linux).

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
If Halo 3 comes to PC I will be a happy man.

The game will look fantastic in 1080p @60FPS with AA and AF. Fantastic.*

34515-Full.jpg

Halo3Montage.jpg

*Aside from Hoods face, that will still look like utter shit.

wwm0nkey

You know what, I am going to bet PAX East is when they announce Halo is coming to Steam, seems like the perfect chance to do it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Looking good for us gamers, I thoroughly enjoyed the Halo games on xbox/360 here's hoping the eventual port is well made.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Did HALO CE and HALO 2 have splitscreen support on PC?
It would be glorious to play co-op Halo 3 on my HTPC hooked up to the pj but I'm not holding my breath sadly

R0nn

What if next Xbox runs Steam? :eek:

The Earth would shatter...

Not to port beg, but I'd really love to see Halo 4 appearing on Steam. I've played the first three and a big part of Reach, but since my Xbox 360 and all it's games got stolen last year, I never bought it back and decided to go full on pc gaming. Since it seems that 4 was received so well, it's one of the few late gen console games I'd still like to play. Not worth the price of admission for a new X360 though, afaic.

border

What are the odds that they actually made Halo 1 have functioning, non-laggy multiplayer? I'd like to tell myself that there's some remote chance it might happen, but it seems far more likely that they might port Gearbox's borked PC port.

Every time I've inquired about making Halo 1 work over the internet, the consensus has been that it would simply be to costly to make it work while still turning out profitable project. I figure if they didn't do it for Halo Anniversary, they never will.

1-D_FTW

What are the odds that they actually made Halo 1 have functioning, non-laggy multiplayer? I'd like to tell myself that there's some remote chance it might happen, but it seems far more likely that they might port Gearbox's borked PC port.

Every time I've inquired about making Halo 1 work over the internet, the consensus has been that it would simply be to costly to make it work while still turning out profitable project. I figure if they didn't do it for Halo Anniversary, they never will.

Did Halo 1 have multiplayer on PC? I suppose it's possible there could be decent multi-player if they've truly ditched GFWL for Steamworks.

Did Halo 1 have multiplayer on PC? I suppose it's possible there could be decent multi-player if they've truly ditched GFWL for Steamworks.

Halo: Combat Evolved's multiplayer on PC was fantastic. It could have used a better server browser but considering it's a fairly old game it was a great port. The PC-exclusive maps were really good, too. Plus custom maps, including a really rad Hyrule Field mod where you can use bows, bombs, boomerangs, hookshots, and ride on Epona.

Oh, and no GFWL for Halo: CE.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Halo: Combat Evolved's multiplayer on PC was fantastic. It could have used a better server browser but considering it's a fairly old game it was a great port. The PC-exclusive maps were really good, too. Plus custom maps, including a really rad Hyrule Field mod where you can use bows, bombs, boomerangs, hookshots, and ride on Epona.

Oh, and no GFWL for Halo: CE.

Halo multiplayer is fantastic, the netcode in the PC release was terrible though. It was designed with 56k users in mind and it made the whole experience a complete mess.

Grief.exe

Both Fez and RE:R have achievements now.

I think we can update their entries in the OP, we are getting closer and closer people.

Fez

RE:R

At the same time, further confirmation that Capcom has dropped GFWL.

Achievements for Final Fantasy VIII showed up today as well.

Grief.exe

Is Fast and the Furious 6 going to be a watchable movie with achievements? :p

Will definitely pick up RE:R though.

Looks like there is some type of game in development

Kabam announced today that it will have a free-to-play Fast & Furious 6 out this spring in time for the film’s May 26 release. The publisher’s newly acquired studio Exploding Barrel Games, which produced the Margaritaville game on Facebook, will handle development.

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/04/t...ameloft-kabam-developing-fast-furious-6-game/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm pretty hyped for RE:R. I just hope they go with the 30$ price point rather than 40$. But Capcom gonna Capcom. When is the console release?

RedSwirl

What if next Xbox runs Steam? :eek:

Holy Shit... the big reveal is gonna be that Microsoft will let you install straight-up Windows 8 on the Durango, turning it into Gabe's SteamBox.

Achievements for Final Fantasy VIII showed up today as well.

Makes sense maybe. I heard that Square Enix did try to get FFVII on Steam, but couldn't get through cert because they couldn't get it stable on Windows Vista or 7. VIII did have a PC version but I don't know if it fared any better than VII's.

Don't now why they don't just give the two games to GOG.

Holy Shit... the big reveal is gonna be that Microsoft will let you install straight-up Windows 8 on the Durango, turning it into Gabe's SteamBox.

Makes sense maybe. I heard that Square Enix did try to get FFVII on Steam, but couldn't get through cert because they couldn't get it stable on Windows Vista or 7. VIII did have a PC version but I don't know if it fared any better than VII's.

Don't now why they don't just give the two games to GOG.
Square already "fixed" FF7 for modern PCs and is selling it on their own online store, including cloud saving and always-online drm.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.250845500

Top Bottom