• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

Great time to launch. All the big multiplatform titles coming in the following weeks, they'll get big sales for Killzone on launch day, then BF4 the week after.

eh I don't think releasing a week or so before the big third party games being dropped is a bad idea tbh. This will give more exposure to the first party games and then the weeks after the launch will have a steady stream of high profile games.

Early enough for the Madden, NBA, and FIFA fans to hold off on current gen purchases too.

So they're launching with nothing but Knack, KZS, and Driveclub?

AC4 and BF4 don't drop until the next week.

Madden, NBA2k and Live, FIFA.

F4r0_Atak

If it gets confirmed to be the PS4 release date, then hurray!
If it's a revision of the PS Vita aka a PS Vita Slim, then I don't know what to think. :/
(I already got one... having a lot of fun with it :D)

Although, something's off. Most if not nearly all releases, whether games or hardwares, came out on a Tuesday (NA), Thursday, Friday (EU) or Sunday (Nintendo releases).

Einbroch

Banned
Damn this would be too good if true. In time for BF4 and more. Still not getting my hopes up, I see December more likely.

December? No way. They cannot and will not miss the November rush. Both from a holiday perspective (shopping for Christmas) and from the game released perspective (BF4, AC4, W_D, etc).

Oct 29th (with BF4 being a big third party push) or the next week would be best for all involved.

OSHAN

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

The sooner, the better. Guess we'll find out next week. I wonder if this was true if multi plats like BF4 and AC3 would be there day one.

Labadal

There won't be much of a Black Friday sale. There's no need for it.

for MSRP. Good date if true. I was hoping they would release before November.

This makes absolutely zero sense.

You ain't getting a deal on a brand new system

Maybe a bundle, but a little cheaper depending on the bundle

No way in hell any retailer is going to slash PS4 or X1 for BF

Your better to keep your Pre-Order and get it that way

I've been doing Black Friday since 2008, so 5 years, I have some good experience on what will be sold @ what prices

Best Buy might give you their white glove geek squad warranty at a 25% discount or they throw in a charger cradle/extra controller/maybe a PS $$ Card or PS+ 1 year service and sell PS4 @$499 to match X1

Walmart would do the same thing

No retailer is going to take a loss on those consoles, none are that desperate for traffic

You're joking if you think it'll be on sale a month later.

I would absolutely not run the risk of maybe getting Knack for $39.99 a month later.

We don't even have Black Friday over here! :lol:

teiresias

Do we actually have any reliable source to indicate we should be expecting a Vita revision this year anyway? Seems like there would be too many launches during then latter part of the year when Sony really does need to focus on PS4 mindshare.

AC and BF will have needed to have gone gold before then anyway, so it's possible they could move the release up a week. It would be amazing if PS4 ended up with a pseudo-timed exclusive (for a week) though.

aravuus

Would be perfect. I won't afford it before christmas anyway so I'd get to re-think what I'm gonna do for a few more months.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So they're launching with nothing but Knack, KZS, and Driveclub?

AC4 and BF4 don't drop until the next week.

EA and Ubisoft are not going to miss out on those day 1 sales. Ubisoft said Watch Dogs would launch Nov. 19th on current gen and on launch day for next gen. These guys will be ready.

October 21st is mathematically sound:

October is the 10th month and of course 21 days into that month, so 10 = 1 and 0; 21 = 2 and 1.

1 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 4

PS4

My wallet is ready.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been feeling confident that Sony will have an October launch for a long time now. I would've guessed the 29th, but I'm not complaining!

Nugg

Launching on a Monday is a bit odd, isn't it?

Historically:

PS1: Saturday
PS2: Thursday
PS3: Friday
PSP: Thursday
Vita: Wednesday

Yep. There's no deliveries is some parts of Europe on mondays because most of the trucks don't drive on sundays. For a monday launch, units have to be delivered on friday. So if it is true, expect street date to be broken on the 18th. (there are exceptions and this is not everywhere, so who knows)

Nags

Banned
Do we actually have any reliable source to indicate we should be expecting a Vita revision this year anyway? Seems like there would be too many launches during then latter part of the year when Sony really does need to focus on PS4 mind share.

This.
I feel like we would have heard something by now if it was in the cards.

Baseless assumptions by a lot of people I suppose?
Or did I miss something?

Top Bottom