• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Yas my boys on SNL were flawless beasts. Although they tried to dance which was like "Nope stand and be pretty" Also this skit

p5U6A.gif

Nemesis_

I'm scared to post any opinion in the MDNA thread that I CREATED ;_;

I'll just be struck down by Pho and/or Rocket Punch =(

Nemesis_

It's okay just be honest. It's not like it's a very good album.

I like it. I've listened to it a lot of times but after long and hard deliberation I've decided to only keep about six tracks on all my devices. Some people have said that Madonna is a bit effortless with this album and I would have to agree - the vocals just feel like she's making another album just because now is the perfect time for her to do it and maintain her relevancy (with added Gaga bashing too!).

I know how much people hate us dwelling on the past but I was just so enamoured by Confessions that I was hoping MDNA would be the perfect follow up, after the rather stale and unpallateable Hard Candy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you liked Confessions, listen to Aphrodite by Kylie. Same producer, similar swishing effervescent synths. Same no-concessions-to-anything-but-dancing mood.

[edit]e.g. Illusion, Closer.

Mau ®

A few years ago Lily Allen made a big fuss about retiring from the music business once and for all. But now, if reports are to be believed, the singer has been spotted in the recording studio again where she’s apparently making a new album.

The Daily Star alleges Lily has been working on her third album at a studio in north London, and it could be on the shelves as early as next year. A source has told them:

“Lily has been in the studio trying different sounds and writing new tracks.

“She’s not at a stage where she can start recording but the new album is definitely underway and there’s a chance it could be released early next year.

“When Lily retired she honestly thought she’d never record again. “But she started writing for the new Bridget Jones musical and that gave her the bug back.

“Her life has changed so much since her last album and she now has a different perspective.

“Lily wants a more mature sound and is penning tracks about Ethel and Sam.”

Now we don’t know about you but we’re rather excited by the thought of Lily making new music again, and we’re also pretty impressed she managed to keep this so quiet from us all.

It's coming!!!!!

fJK4L.gif

Nemesis_

If you liked Confessions, listen to Aphrodite by Kylie. Same producer, similar swishing effervescent synths. Same no-concessions-to-anything-but-dancing mood.

[edit]e.g. Illusion, Closer.

Get Outta My Way is quite possibly one of the most uplifting songs I ever have listened to. And I usually am not a huge fan of Kylie. =P I hated All The Lovers though.

Will try the rest of the album though for sure.

Yas my boys on SNL were flawless beasts. Although they tried to dance which was like "Nope stand and be pretty"
It surprised me that Liam is the best live performer of the bunch by a mile, both in dancing and singing. He seemed the most into it. Harry must've been ill because he moved and sounded like a ghost.

Niall looked just like Princess Diana.

Delio

It surprised me that Liam is the best live performer of the bunch by a mile, both in dancing and singing. He seemed the most into it. Harry must've been ill because he moved and sounded like a ghost.

Niall looked just like Princess Diana.

I think Harry was sick,he was off in a lot of places and that Is probably why he was poked in the cheek to perk up. As much as I love Niall he Is the worst live singer of the bunch and I agree Liam Is the best live singer. Hell they need to promote him as the "Leader".

royalan

Delio

DELIO

DELIO

I work at a cafe in a very well-to-do Philadelphia neighborhood, and it was absolutely packed with mothers and their children this morning...who were at one point ALL talking about One Direction's damned SNL performance.

I blame you, and others like you.

Coworkers: "Who the hell are One Direction?"

Me: "...you don't even want to know."

One Mother in the Crowd: "My kids hate me when I call them Wrong Direction..."

Koodo

Banned
I know how much people hate us dwelling on the past
Mad-onna is transitioning into that stage of her career where her only value to society is nostalgia.

And while her last two unmitigated disasters are working hard to put the S in STRUGGLES rather than STANDARDS, Her Madgesty's 2005 MAGNUM OPUS stands tall and proud defending her illustrious career.

- • -

Twenty-Three years into her career, Madonna delivered a Masterpiece that not only stood on its own merits without requiring Her Salvation Army to drink Evian Nostalgia, but also single-handedly clocked every other album in the decade.

Let me read a passage from New York 1:2:

Pray for the unfortunates afflicted with bad taste and hearing loss, for if they were cognitively aware of their actions, they would be Sorry.

Here is another interesting passage from Isaac 1:1:

A Hung Up a day keeps Some Girls away.

There can never be enough dwelling on this Masterpiece On A Dancefloor. Much like the Bible, this Masterpiece is eternal.

In the name of Michael, Lourdes, and the Holy Spearit, We Pray.

ebDYq.jpg

Gaymen

Mau ®

I'll keep stressing you guys are really harsh on MDNA. At least its better than say, Teenage Dream, Cannibal and Talk That Talk IMO.

It's real fault is that it doesn't have a good hit single in there. Something the albums mentioned above made sure to have.

I'll keep stressing you guys are really harsh on MDNA. At least its better than say, Teenage Dream, Cannibal and Talk That Talk IMO.

It's real fault is that it doesn't have a good hit single in there. Something the albums mentioned above made sure to have.

You know I listened to two of those cds last night to see if I was wrong but you know what? I find them better overall as they are at least listenable.

I honestly can't agree. MDNA just reminds me how far she's fallen. It's cheap and there's no reason it should be.

WTF you guys are insane if you think MDNA is a bad album. It may not meet your comical standards but it's still AAA material. Citing Confession while at the same time putting down nostalgia, laughable. I have un-checked Sorry permanently as penance for your sins.

Gay man with taste.

tumblr_leh52wjEcp1qezxsoo1_500.gif

I never wanna be like some girls

Who told you having standards was a bad thing?

See, this is the sort of talk I dislike. It basically says I have no standards and I am willing to put up with 'crap' blindly which is clearly not the case.

Could it possibly be that, maybe, perhaps I enjoy her new album? Maybe a lot? Likewise, why should I attempt to hide it or start disliking it just because queens on the internet don't share my opinion. I will argue my point just like everyone else because I'm entitled to it. And in my world my opinion supersedes anyone else's. Sorry.

Mumei

See, this is the sort of talk I dislike. It basically says I have no standards and I am willing to put up with 'crap' blindly which is clearly not the case.

Could it possibly be that, maybe, perhaps I enjoy her new album? Maybe a lot? Likewise, why should I attempt to hide it or start disliking it just because queens on the internet don't share my opinion. I will argue my point just like everyone else because I'm entitled to it. And in my world my opinion supersedes anyone else's. Sorry.

I was teasing!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
WTF you guys are insane if you think MDNA is a bad album. It may not meet your comical standards but it's still AAA material. Citing Confession while at the same time putting down nostalgia, laughable. I have un-checked Sorry permanently as penance for your sins.

Gay man with taste.

You're not half the man you think you are
Save your words because you've gone too far
I've listened to your lies and all your stories
You're not half the man you'd like to be

iwuR9wGGuvfcH.gif

royalan

You're not half the man you think you are
Save your words because you've gone too far
I've listened to your lies and all your stories
You're not half the man you'd like to be

iwuR9wGGuvfcH.gif

I went to high school with the fat chick in that video (and seen in the gif). True story.

ANYWAY, I'm attempting my hand at putting together a CD with some of Madonna's best remixes from the last 10 years. I'd like some recommendations as I'm sure I've missed a few. And yes, I'd like Confessions to be part of it :p

So let's hear some of your favorites.

tumblr_lyiuktW7mt1qd8nujo1_500.gif

I think MDNA is average for a Madonna album, but it's still head and shoulders above some of the most recent mainstream pop releases...

This is what people keep glossing over, "oh it's Madonna, it has to be good or its absolute shit" seems to be the haters mantra.

It's like they haven't actually listened to pop albums in the past 5 years. I mean, even Beyonce's albums are ABSOLUTE SHIT yet she gets a free pass. And we have Rihanna stans... DEMI FUCKING LOVATO STANS. Ridiculous.

I don't want to HEAR, I don't want to KNOW *.*

Haters will be returning for the next single/tour in any case.

Mau ®

Rihanna delivered Rated R. One of the most intriguing pop albums of the last decade. You will not come for her. Understood?

tumblr_lrqd7bWrgw1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Delio

Delio

DELIO

DELIO

I work at a cafe in a very well-to-do Philadelphia neighborhood, and it was absolutely packed with mothers and their children this morning...who were at one point ALL talking about One Direction's damned SNL performance.

I blame you, and others like you.

Coworkers: "Who the hell are One Direction?"

Me: "...you don't even want to know."

One Mother in the Crowd: "My kids hate me when I call them Wrong Direction..."

Well the performance was flawless.
tumblr_m25d9r9i6z1r6by12o1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ANYWAY, I'm attempting my hand at putting together a CD with some of Madonna's best remixes from the last 10 years. I'd like some recommendations as I'm sure I've missed a few. And yes, I'd like Confessions to be part of it :p

So let's hear some of your favorites.

tumblr_lyiuktW7mt1qd8nujo1_500.gif

any of stuart price's own confessions remixes

i assume you've already got david guetta's revolver remix

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not going to say that oh well because MDNA is by Madonna it has to be god tier or it's shit. It's just not a very good album. It peaks three songs in and then you just spend the rest of the album wishing that everything on it was as good as I'm Addicted because that actually would be a god tier album but instead you have to listen to insipid, grating shit like Turn Up The Radio and Superstar.

And what's doubly stupid is that there's literally no reason for Madonna to put out this stuff. She's the most successful female musician in history and has made some of the best pop music ever. So why is she wasting her time with miserable crap like B-Day song? AND WHAT IS MIA DOING HELPING?

Mau ®

I'm Addicted is absolutely mental. The album never reaches those heights again, although Love Spent is an amazing moment as well.

To each his own though. I think it's a great album.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Gang Bang is great up until the dubstep breakdown. Is stealing from Britney really a thing that Madonna does now? Anyway, so after the dubstep breakdown comes the DIE BITCH bit which takes the song from great to stupid. I skip that part.

Nemesis_

Gang Bang is the only good song in that album
and you will all deal

NoVLn.gif

Gang Bang could have been great, but it suffers from Electric Chapel syndrome. It sounds great but literally goes nowhere.

At least Electric Chapel wasn't ruined by some fucking awful, awkward.....I don't even know what to call it

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Blasphemy, the last parts of that song take it from good to orgasmic
especially when you are driving on the highway,

Now Drive Bitch. I Said, Drive Bitch

Edit: Electric Chapel is awful, I dont use that mess

Koodo

Banned
Beyonce's 4 is fabulous. Never has an album grown on me so much.

I'm not going to bother defending it though, last thing I want is to be associated with the Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom