• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Many "Trump Free" Days Have You Had So Far?

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's always in the back of my head, and since I work in journalism, I hear about the daily dumb thing he did all the time. It only really hits me like a train once a week or so.

It still feels foreign to think reality TV star Donald Trump is president.

smurfx

get some go again
i usually log on to neogaf not too long after i wake up and there's always been a trump thread on the first page so i haven't had a trump free day this year so far.

RinsFury

Every fucking day?

this man is a serious source of anxiety for many of you, isn't it? God damn

He's a dumbass but hating his guts until its the first thing on your mind in the morning isn't very healthy, doesn't make him less of a dumbass, and doesn't make your life any easier

Many, many, people stand to lose their lives because of this fuck. Many others stand to be further marginalized and targetted by his hateful brownshirt supporters. No shit he's a serious source of anxiety.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Every fucking day?

He's a dumbass but hating his guts until its the first thing on your mind in the morning isn't very healthy, doesn't make him less of a dumbass, and doesn't make your life any easier

must be nice.

rjinaz

Every fucking day?

What Trump is doing effects people personally. There are many transgender folks on GAF that just came under attack. So yes, people worry. They worry about their health care. They worry about other's health care. They worry about their own rights and other's rights to even be in this country or practice their faith. They worry for this country and our reputation. They worry about the planet. They worry about what crazy policy Trump might come up with next that targets people that look a certain way. Maybe stop and frisk or something similar.

Look I'm a White straight Male so I can take a few days off from worrying about Trump but if I wasn't? You're damn right I'd be worried all the time.

That privilege I have.

Ms.Galaxy

I had 0 and debating whether or not I should kill myself every time I hear about the healthcare bill and now recently his anti-LGBT moves. I really can't take much more of this, everyday I fear I'm going to lose my rights and get my healthcare taken from me. He's unpredictable and erratic, it's maddening.

TissueBox

Donald Trump is great -- personal favorite is the Best Day Ever remix. But then again when it comes to Mac Miller a beggar can't be a chooser.

I had 0 and debating whether or not I should kill myself every time I hear about the healthcare bill and now recently his anti-LGBT moves. I really can't take much more of this, everyday I fear I'm going to lose my rights and get my healthcare taken from me. He's unpredictable and erratic, it's maddening.

Do you have access to professional that you can talk to about this?

rjinaz

He's not going to last past this term and the next Democratic president whom does not have the unfavorable numbers of Clinton, will wipe away much of his taint. Hang in there. Please.

Izuna

Banned
I decided with the beginning of the year that I won't pick up a newspaper that has his face on it nor will indulge in a conversation about him any more than "this happened today".

I can do this, because I'm a brit, but it hasn't been easy. Trump comes up at least once a day even without the internet but there's so much more in life to think about and pay attention to :)

JordanN

Banned
Every fucking day?

Trump is complete batshit crazy on nuclear weapons.

No other world leader makes constant mention of them apart from Kim Jong Un.

ZuIfJJ8.jpg

On top of his already depressing anti-climate change stance, it's pretty easy to imagine why there's so much anxiety. He's completely unfit to be in office of the most powerful country since day 1.

adj_noun

It's a nightmare you can't wake from.

Each day the cable from which this nation's precariously held sanity dangles slips with yet another screeching jolt.

Literally zero. Not one. There have been better days than others, but it is a honest-to-God cognitive toll just keeping up with this dickery, let alone the effects of it.

chekhonte

I check the news about 4 times a day since Trump was elected. I get drunk off the Trump news with indignation. It's a problem.

I pretty much never think about Trump unless I'm reading the news or talking with someone about it

So probably a lot of trump free days

Flux

Zero. Just when you think he'll fade away for a day or be drowned out by more breaking news, bam boy scout sex yacht.

Ms.Galaxy

He's not going to last past this term and the next Democratic president whom does not have the unfavorable numbers of Clinton, will wipe away much of his taint. Hang in there. Please.

I'm trying. I'm too much of a fighter to go down so easily, but there's no doubt the anxiety and depression is getting to me. At the very least, playing some more relaxing games like Rune Factory and Animal Crossing has been therapeutic in calming me down.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
None, I haven't had any in over a year. Ever since the fateful descent from the escalator

cucuchu

How can you ignore it when he spews his filth all over twitter and social media every hour of the day and night.

Express elevator to hell, going down!!!

By the end of his term, those of us that are still alive in the United States will be eating dog food from a can to survive.

Been playing through Mad Max the last couple of days....

G0523

I'm trying. I'm too much of a fighter to go down so easily, but there's no doubt the anxiety and depression is getting to me. At the very least, playing some more relaxing games like Rune Factory and Animal Crossing has been therapeutic in calming me down.

That's good! I was talking about this with my therapist as well, and he said that it's actually a GOOD thing that we have video games as a form of escapism to relieve ourselves of all of this anxiety. Everyone needs a break from the real world, especially now.

Alastor3

When Breath of the Wild came out on March 3rd, I spent two weeks off from work, wandering around the ruins of Hyrule. I was online for less than 20 minutes per day during that time period, mostly to check-in with friends/family. Zero TV. Zero radio.

It was an amazing vacation. It would not be an exaggeration to say that the experience, the departure from the real world was mentally and emotionally reparative.

wow, that is a very touching story, thank you for that :)

I read about American politics a lot and I still regularly have moments where I go "wtf, Trump is president?!". I think it's a fact that is too inconsistent with all of my other facts/what the state of reality should be, so it's like my mind just regularly voids it from my consciousness.

Lubricus

I turn off the computer and ignore my phone for at least one day every week. I'm more worried about my tomatoes than shit I can't do anything about.

LordKasual

Banned
Say that to an LGBT person's face

I mean, i don't know any LGB people who obsess over this man to a degree this severe. Granted i don't actually know any trans people to judge their reactions to the appalling news today. I'm sure it would be less measured.

Many, many, people stand to lose their lives because of this fuck. Many others stand to be further marginalized and targetted by his hateful brownshirt supporters. No shit he's a serious source of anxiety.

if you're blaming Trump for everything wrong with America and the rest of the planet then your blame deserves to be a little more broad. What he is and represents has always been there. It's just never had such a conveniently idiotic ego machine (amplified by the internet) to channel itself through. He doesn't make his shitty decisions or plans alone, hell he probably doesn't even think for himself, outside of his pathetic AM tweets.

The world hates him, the majority of America does not like him (and didn't vote for him), his near legendary stupidity is likely going to be the only thing people remember him for, outside of being the worst president in US history anyway. Unless of course we get to watch him get pissed on by some hooker and he gets impeached, and hopefully thrown in jail, but even at my most optimistic i don't see that happening. I mean I really can't make any of you feel better about this other than assuring you that his time will pass.

Aging yourself through stress at his mere existence is giving him far more power than he deserves, and is simply not going to do yourself or your friends any favors.

Trump is complete batshit crazy on nuclear weapons.

No other world leader makes constant mention of them apart from Kim Jong Un.

ZuIfJJ8.jpg

On top of his already depressing anti-climate change stance, it's pretty easy to imagine why there's so much anxiety. He's completely unfit to be in office of the most powerful country since day 1.

The most dangerous thing about Trump to me that he's fucking stupid, and even with his cabinet, he isn't at all above being manipulated by people infinitely smarter than him.

But we didn't need Trump to get fucked by climate change deniers...so nothing is really changing here. Obama was just a breath of fresh air really, no pun intended.

Clean energy is optimal for humanity but still only damage control to this issue. Climate change has always been an inevitable problem. It was obvious years ago that no action would be taken until it became impossible to ignore it any longer, and we still haven't gotten there yet.

Look I'm a White straight Male so I can take a few days off from worrying about Trump but if I wasn't? You're damn right I'd be worried all the time.

That privilege I have.

Yeah well, i don't.

Me and my friends have been targeted for their looks under Clinton, Bush, AND Obama and my parents/relatives before them as well to a far worse degree. I could say i've just gotten used to it, but that would probably just sound dismissive. Regardless, I don't allow such things to bother me every day, i can't afford for it to.

I got other shit to worry about, and Trump is something i simply cannot change. He's just another trough on the wave, he will do his damage and we will recover stronger for it.

RinsFury

Aging yourself through stress at his mere existence is giving him far more power than he deserves, and is simply not going to do yourself or your friends any favors.

Not everyone has the privilege to ignore what is happening. Good for you if you can be so detached.

I was getting my news from OT but got banned recently and it was actually pretty nice. I now understand why so many people don't give a shit about the whole Reality TV Star is President thing. The world goes on, bills still need to be paid, you still need to go to work, TV/movies/games are pretty good as of late. As long as the economy is still rolling I don't think most people care who is president.

Strike

Zero. You can't look away. Most of my time for the last year or so on here has been spent rifling through Trump threads. I was hoping that would come to an end last November. Now I wake up every day logging on here and wondering "Oh shit. How did he fuck up now?" It's tiresome.

Nicolada

I've done a pretty good job of blocking it out of my mind. I only think of it and smh whenever I see a bumper sticker of thread about it now.

rjinaz

I mean, i don't know any LGB people who obsess over this man to a degree this severe. Granted i don't actually know any trans people to judge their reactions to the appalling news today. I'm sure it would be less measured.

if you're blaming Trump for everything wrong with America and the rest of the planet then your blame deserves to be a little more broad. What he is and represents has always been there. It's just never had such a conveniently idiotic ego machine (amplified by the internet) to channel itself through. He doesn't make his shitty decisions or plans alone, hell he probably doesn't even think for himself, outside of his pathetic AM tweets.

The world hates him, the majority of America does not like him (and didn't vote for him), his near legendary stupidity is likely going to be the only thing people remember him for, outside of being the worst president in US history anyway. Unless of course we get to watch him get pissed on by some hooker and he gets impeached, and hopefully thrown in jail, but even at my most optimistic i don't see that happening. I mean I really can't make any of you feel better about this other than assuring you that his time will pass.

The most dangerous thing about Trump to me that he's fucking stupid, and even with his cabinet, he isn't at all above being manipulated by people infinitely smarter than him.

But we didn't need Trump to get fucked by climate change deniers...so nothing is really changing here. Obama was just a breath of fresh air really, no pun intended.

Clean energy is optimal for humanity but still only damage control to this issue. Climate change has always been an inevitable problem. It was obvious years ago that no action would be taken until it became impossible to ignore it any longer, and we still haven't gotten there yet.

Yeah well, i don't.

Me and my friends have been targeted for their looks under Clinton, Bush, AND Obama and my parents/relatives before them as well to a far worse degree. I could say i've just gotten used to it, but that would probably just sound dismissive. Regardless, I don't allow such things to bother me every day, i can't afford for it to.

I got other shit to worry about, and Trump is something i simply cannot change. He's just another trough on the wave, he will do his damage and we will recover stronger for it.

Fair enough. People are different.

NewFresh

Zero... Maybe one but I honestly can't remember.

After what your country did to mine, and many, many others? It's H-I-L-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Una sopa de su propio chocolate, mis amigos estadounidenses.
Ummmm... Si te das cuenta que eres directamente afectado por las decisiones de Trump?

CHC

Zero. Even if someone blew his brains out tomorrow it'd still take me years to bleach my mind of his horrid fucking squinting visage.

Top Bottom