• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX ACR PSN/XBL release date announced

Tizoc

http://andriasang.com/con29x/guilty_gear_home_version/
Just one week after announcing a final arcade availability date of September 20 for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Arc System Works has announced a release timeframe for the game's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Console fighters can look forward to the game through PSN and Xbox Live Arcade in late October.

The home version will have the name Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (the R is in the arcade version because of its hardware, Sega's Ringedge board). Initially, the home version will be based off the PlayStation 2 original. It will be updated later to the arcade version's specifications.

October for Japan at least, here's hoping for a late 2012 release for the west =3

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Good, looking forward to it. :D Will probably get it from JPSN on launch if the US date isn't announced by then, or is much further off.

danmaku

Releasing the old AC and then patching it makes no sense at all. Are they desperate to release the game as soon as possible?

Tain

Delicious, I'll take it however they choose to release it. Fighting game overload.

Arc Sys, please note that Ringedge makes for easy PC releases.

Tizoc

Releasing the old AC and then patching it makes no sense at all. Are they desperate to release the game as soon as possible?

Does that really matter? It could've been a good port of GGXX AC with good online and it would've been fine.

Enough with the silly questions and get hype for Chipp and Johnny buffs!

danmaku

Does that really matter? It could've been a good port of GGXX AC with good online and it would've been fine.

Oh, I'm going to buy it anyway. AC + online play = awesome. It just sounds weird, like a last-minute decision.

LegatoB

But if I get hype for the buffs in AC+R, why would I want to keep playing AC in the meantime?

See also: Blazblue

Tizoc

Oh, I'm going to buy it anyway. AC + online play = awesome. It just sounds weird, like a last-minute decision.

Eh it's not worth pondering and worrying about it. I don't care much about the renaming or rebalancing much, only that I can Air Potemkin Buster in the comfort of my living room ^3^v.

But if I get hype for the buffs in AC+R, why would I want to keep playing AC in the meantime?

Because you don't have ACR and need your GGXX fix~

Tu101uk

It might be a case of giving AC+R some arcade exclusivity, which is still important for the Japanese fighting game scene.

As long as it's a free patch, I don't mind waiting around. I'll still buy this Day 1 (whenever they announce a release date for the West, that is), mainly because my PS2 is dying and my PS2 Hori is pretty much dead, so it'll be good for me to get it for a console that works so I can play it with a stick that I have.

O-O~

Takao

Banned

Yeah, with the fees associated with patching a game on console digital services is this really a good idea?

Chavelo

That's pretty awesome. AC is already awesome as it is. The update patched later on will get the old school players back to the game once it drops.

Good Guy ASW

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad we're getting Plus R eventually but the patching thing is so unnecessary. I'm guessing they're trying to protect the arcade release and in doing so screwing the rest of the world again. Wonder if Europe will be getting this sooner than P4:A the way things are shaping up.

LegatoB

Because you don't have ACR and need your GGXX fix~
Nonsense, there are 30 other great new fighting games out right now, I'm not going to play the old-and-busted version of GG when I know the New Hotness is coming in 4-6 months.

I'm glad we're getting Plus R eventually but the patching thing is so unnecessary. I'm guessing they're trying to protect the arcade release and in doing so screwing the rest of the world again.

I wouldn't call R being in the arcades a screwjob. More like this is how it goes down everyday. And ASW will make more cash at the arcades on R initially than they do the digital re-release of AC+. In the end you get R but you'll just have to be a bit patient in the meantime.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nonsense, there are 30 other great new fighting games out right now, I'm not going to play the old-and-busted version of GG when I know the New Hotness is coming in 4-6 months.

Old and Busted GGXXAC+ is still just as good as, if not better than, a lot of what's out there now.

Tizoc

Because the new hotness isn't out and all you got ATM is the 'old-and-busted', and in need of your GGXX fix, you'll play it, espcailly since it's more classic than 'old' and hardly 'busted', and as the vids in a previous post shows is still worth playing.
Heck it was among the top 10 arcade fighting games a couple of months ago.

It is a bit perplexing to be getting an outdated version on release, but it still seems worth it to work on some GG fundamentals provided that the netcode is decent enough.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hearing rumors that there have been rampant Sol nerfs in R.

Say it ain't so!

This is + so there's nothing to worry about.

From the sounds of it we aren't getting R on console anytime soon. Seems like they're porting the PS2 version and updating it to Arcade + at a later date.(which to my knowledge is slightly different)

This is the game the US scene has been playing since release though, so if it gets more players able to play it's still good to have

It is a bit perplexing to be getting an outdated version on release, but it still seems worth it to work on some GG fundamentals provided that the netcode is decent enough.

Pretty much my thoughts

Gonna be hard to juggle this and Persona though. Gotta start getting off my ass and getting out to locals

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They should just release it in october here for my bday... best gift ever.

Oh noes you have to play one of the most balanced fighters ever made for a few months before they update it for free and probably break said balance. WHAT WILL YOU EVER DO.

You know just cause games are newer doesn't make them better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why do none of these PSN games never get Vita versions

Because they were designed with the PS3/360 specs in mind at the time?

GG:XX:^C PSN was announced WAY before PSP2 was a twinkle in Kaz' eye.

Thai

Bane was better.
stupid question...but how will this look on HDTVs? The last GG I played was on dreamcast on SD. Will this release look as good as BlazBlue?

Mesoian

Considering the buzz surrounding this game pointed to a summer release and there are several fighting games, some of which are developed by ArcSys themselves, flooding into fall months, I'd say so.

danmaku

stupid question...but how will this look on HDTVs? The last GG I played was on dreamcast on SD. Will this release look as good as BlazBlue?

No. It will have upscaled sprites and nothing else. Best case scenario would be hooking your console to an old CRT tv, if they include a low-res mode. Maybe they did a little more work on the sprites, since the arcade version runs on LCD monitors too, but of course they can't look as good as something that was designed in hd from the start.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

The sprites are smaller and not real hd sprites so no they wont. They still look better than most of bb's sprites though just cause the art direction is better on them. *coloring, detail on characters*

122121.jpg

BB characters kind of have a dull solid look to them that p4a and gg sprites dont.

kyairfb1.gif
http://chaoti.csignal.org/sprites/large/ggx/

Mikhal

Maybe it's me not wanting to assume things... but the R update is confirmed to be free, right? The announcement made no mention on price. I already bought Accent Core twice for PS2 so I'll just wait for the update before I jump in unless it's confirmed to be the case.

Thai

Bane was better.
The sprites are smaller and not real hd sprites so no they wont. They still look better than most of bb's sprites though just cause the art direction is better on them. *coloring, detail on characters*

Interesting, I guess we'll have to see. I find low-res sprites don't look good at all on modern TVs. still...I need me some Sol badguy!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's me not wanting to assume things... but the R update is confirmed to be free, right? The announcement made no mention on price. I already bought Accent Core twice for PS2 so I'll just wait for the update before I jump in unless it's confirmed to be the case.

I can see them pull a CS2 and have the update be free, but sell Justice and Kliff as DLC.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

The article doesn't mention R specifically coming to consoles at all

If you're buying this you should assume you're just buying Accent Core Plus with netplay. Nothing more nothing less until we get more details

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The article doesn't mention R specifically coming to consoles at all

If you're buying this you should assume you're just buying Accent Core Plus with netplay. Nothing more nothing less until we get more details
But the article does say that?

The home version will have the name Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (the R is in the arcade version because of its hardware, Sega's Ringedge board). Initially, the home version will be based off the PlayStation 2 original. It will be updated later to the arcade version's specifications.

Do we even know if R will have good balance? From what I've read AC+ was balanced fairly well. Could be a plus if R is a bust and like SSF4 we can switch versions. Though another thing about the patch: isn't it adding moves and backgrounds? That seems very substantive for a dl-able game, unless they're charging for it. I don't think there's a precedent for adding moves and bgs via dlc now that I think about it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Do we even know if R will have good balance? From what I've read AC+ was balanced fairly well. Could be a plus if R is a bust and like SSF4 we can switch versions. Though another thing about the patch: isn't it adding moves and backgrounds? That seems very substantive for a dl-able game, unless they're charging for it. I don't think there's a precedent for adding moves and bgs via dlc now that I think about it.

Well arcsys tends to balance gg around toning down a few things then buffing the fuck out of everything else like crazy. It could seem less balanced at first but time will tell. As long as we dont have another GGXX Slash Ky things are ok.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: ok now I'm reading it correctly. I read the "R" explanation as a reason why it wasn't on consoles not an explanation for the title. XI

I really like this way of doing things. We get what we already know is an awesome game with great netcode early rather than waiting and then get the chance to update it to the newer version. Of course, this is assuming a CS->CS2 situation.

Well arcsys tends to balance gg around toning down a few things then buffing the fuck out of everything else like crazy. It could seem less balanced at first but time will tell. As long as we dont have another GGXX Slash Ky things are ok.

The only ones I've somewhat played are #R and AC, what made Slash Ky so broken?

danmaku

I think that now ASW has a really good grip on how GG system works and how to keep it balanced. Usually their games start broken and become better with each iteration, I don't think they'll screw up this time. There will be tier lists, sure, but it'll remain fairly balanced.

Top Bottom