• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

You wanna fight?

I dunno, I'm sleep-deprived right now. The only ones worth playing are 7 (since it still kinda holds up), 9 (because it's the best of the PSX games), and maybe 6, just to say you played it.

Fuck 4. You wanna talk about losing? FF4 is on a whole 'nother level of wackness.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Well the black woman stare is well documented, no point to keep focusing on that. I'm surprised no one has gotten the old angry white man/woman looks. My gf is usually oblivious to it much of the time but she even notices these. For some reason I think the old white ladies take more offense than any group.

How many of those people would admit to being racist? None. How many would get really upset if you called them racist? All.

Has anyone had experience growing an afro? In the process of doing one for the past few months but I don't know much of what I should be doing besides putting stuff like Olive Oil Organic Hair Lotion on every day. Hair's about a half-inch tall so far.

A half-inch in a few months? I don't know man, you might want to reconsider this one. I don't know any Elmer Fudd hair gro tips tho, just keep it shaped and lined up.

zero_suit said:
I use the Oster Professional Fast Feed. The recommended liners are the Andis T-Outliners, apparently.

Thanks, I'll probably go with these.

Lebron

Devolution said:
Yo confession time, I've never played a Final Fantasy.
You're not missing much unless RPGs are your thing.

You are not missing much even if RPGs are your thing.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to regulate yall now

i7GT5vAbhoyIB.gif

Slayven

The last final Fantasy game's battle system was fucking stupid. If they cared half as much about the combat as they did the fashion the games would be outstanding.

Lebron

Oh, newer FF's? Yeah, new FF's have been fucking garbage(music aside). They kind of fixed the combat in XIII-2, but eh, too little too late.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If you've never played a FF, you've never had the opportunity to be mad about them. Or been put in the position where you must turn on your own brothers to defend its glory.

I loved FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

B89Sy.jpg

Onemic

If you've never played a FF, you've never had the opportunity to be mad about them. Or been put in the position where you must turn on your own brothers to defend its glory.

I loved FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

B89Sy.jpg

You are no Final Fantasy fan :<

it's all about VIII, VI, XII, X, and VII brah

Imm0rt4l

The last great ff game was 9. 10 was decent, 12 had a great setting but the story and characters weren't compelling aside from balthier and fran(better than 10 though). 13 lol, can't be bothered to play that shit, didn't care for it since the first trailer and the reviews and opinion of many pretty much confirmed my first impression of the game. Square enix is dead to me, also japan is falling off.

Imm0rt4l

12 was terrible

You're all terrible
It definitely lacked charm, balthier and fran>>>the rest of the cast. I'm trying to not use the fact that you like 13 against you, but its hard:p

Square needs to hire some real writers, the stories to their games are horrible lately.
*looks at kingdom hearts.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fran was hot ass shit. Closes we will get to a sister in FF.

i was gonna try to refute your point..... but i cant think of anything. have there really not been any chocolate skinned women other than fran in the ff series?

It definitely lacked charm, balthier and fran>>>the rest of the cast. I'm trying to not use the fact that you like 13 against you, but its hard:p

Square needs to hire some real writers, the stories to their games are horrible lately.
*looks at kingdom hearts.

if kingdom hearts would have an actual story structure instead of doing cliffs notes of movies and putting the core story behind it, it would be an ok series. i like the combat.

i mean, they can still do games like the world ends with you, so they cant be completely fucked.

Imm0rt4l

Just like to point out everyone, this is exactly what happens on gaming side in every FF thread.
It can't be helped the newschool of final fantasy is fucking horrible. They have these huge budgets, long dev cycles, shit stories, uninteresting characters filled with the dumbest most uninteresting japanese anime tropes. Yea I'm hating :mad:

Which FF had the dad from Smart Guy in it? I watched my cousin play it and it looked turrible. Im currently playing SMRPG on iphone and its soo good, back then Squaresoft made good games.

DominoKid

Yo confession time, I've never played a Final Fantasy.

eh i've never finished one so dont feel bad.

i've played 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 and a few of the older ones on GBA.
but i always get bored near the end.

out of all of them 12 is my favorite and 13 is my least favorite. 13 is so ass it's almost unreal.

Top Bottom