• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan 2 announced (Koei-Tecmo/Omega Force, Early 2018)

Rymuth

Building on the fast-paced action the series is famous for, and featuring an abundance of new gameplay mechanics, the gripping sequel will be released across America as Attack on Titan 2 in early 2018. Players will once again don the renowned Omni-Directional Manoeuver Gear as they fight and repel the fearsome Titans that threaten humanity, to restore peace within the walls.

*TRAILER*

Thanks, Gematsu

You mean AOT Wings of Freedom 2 :p

Loved the first game due to how differently it played to more traditional musou games.
If it doesn't launch in and around bigger games then I will likely play it on launch.

Hektor

The first game was surprisingly solid for a musou

Anime spoiler

Hopefully they include a playable ymir titan

Missed out on the first one, will probably get this one. Surprised there's a sequel already if it is following the anime I don't know it has enough content to warrant a sequel should have waited after season 3, but there will probably be a third game.

Also, early 2018 is anime gaming heaven, only thing missing is that One Piece game and a Fairy tail Warriors game (which they should have made instead)

Edit: Thinking about it more I assume they will go the OP Pirate Warriors route, so the second will game will be the second season but with original stories, and when they release the third game it will contain season 1+2+3 content. So I'll probably wait for the inevitable third game.

L.O.R.D

Way too early for this,this should $20-$30 game,with little much contents,they at least wait for season 3 to be finished,no way i am buying this for $60.

also i hope there will be an option for 60FPS on the Pro/X.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
KT is really shitting out those sequels like its nothing...lol.

I was recently playing this game and thought, "Wouldn't it be great if they could release a S2 Expansion for the first game?". I guess we are getting a sequel instead XD

I hope there are no last gen ports for this one, so there are no compromise with the visuals.

Honestly though, they are going to have to stretch out a lot of parts of the game IF they are only focusing on S2.

DaaMaadNess

Neo Member
Didn't expect a sequel to be honest. I'll have to play the first one. I don't know how they will solve the length problem though. Season two is literally half of season one talking about episodes. Hopefully the game doesn't end up being extremely short due to this.

Cool. I enjoyed the first one on Vita despite the technical issues. Review here. Got a bit samey towards the end but I just loved flinging around the world with the ODM gear.

Expecting this one to skip the platform but I'm cool with that. I'll probably skip the game unless they change things up significantly. I think I'd had enough by the end of the first.

MadMod

Great! Hope its a massive improvement to the first. The first has a great foundation, just lacked a lot of depth. They also need to ramp the difficulty up faster as it got tedious mid game, too many easy enemies with the same missions over and over. Solid and fun game though, got good expectations for the sequel.

They nailed the movement perfectly, they just need to make it harder to kill titans, increasing their health isn't good enough.

Graphics look improved from the trailer, hope that stylistic look translates into the final game.

Fisico

I pretty much just assume PS4 in Japan and Xbox One, PC and PS4 outside Japan.

The only unknown are Vita and Switch, both could happen/not happen.

The Vita SKU was the best selling in Japan and appeared on top 50 weekly charts selling extra thousands copies during the anime broadcast (which was only a few months ago) while we never saw the PS4 SKU during that time.

Regarding Switch Koei Tecmo are known for going multiplat as soon as they can, as a publisher they already have Gust games on Switch going forward as well as their Nobunaga series, on the musou end they have Fire Emblem warriors coming too, a Switch SKU might give more opportunities than a Vita one on the western market as well.

NeoRaider

First game was ok. But i wouldn't buy this.
I liked AoT but it became very repetitive and boring later. Also i never bothered with side-missions.

koutoru

Glad the first one was successful for them.
They put a ton of work into the 3D movement gear so it's good that it can be used in more than just one game.

Hardvlade

So happy about this, played the hell out of the first one and finished Attack Mode. Didn't finish TAM though, that was just brutal.

Day 1 on this for sure as well. Hope it releases on same platforms as the first one :)

The first game was awesome. All thanks to the great and addictive gameplay. Played it until I got the platinum trophy.
Can't wait for this one.

EGOMON

Missed out on the first one, will probably get this one. Surprised there's a sequel already if it is following the anime I don't know it has enough content to warrant a sequel should have waited after season 3, but there will probably be a third game.

Also, early 2018 is anime gaming heaven, only thing missing is that One Piece game and a Fairy tail Warriors game (which they should have made instead)

Edit: Thinking about it more I assume they will go the OP Pirate Warriors route, so the second will game will be the second season but with original stories, and when they release the third game it will contain season 1+2+3 content. So I'll probably wait for the inevitable third game.
My dream game! actually anything FT related video game is my most wanted

Great! Hope its a massive improvement to the first. The first has a great foundation, just lacked a lot of depth. They also need to ramp the difficulty up faster as it got tedious mid game, too many easy enemies with the same missions over and over. Solid and fun game though, got good expectations for the sequel.

They nailed the movement perfectly, they just need to make it harder to kill titans, increasing their health isn't good enough.

Graphics look improved from the trailer, hope that stylistic look translates into the final game.
You nailed it man. The first game wasn't perfect but it was very fun. They just need to build on that and improve it. I completely agree with what you said about titans as well. They need to make them more difficult and beyond just giving them a health boost.

Also, the hand to hand titan fights should be vastly improved as well. Those parts in the first game weren't really that fun (no variety and you were very OP).

As for missions/side missions, I think they need to do a better job of using the ODM gear. You have the ability to go super fast and move accurately in the environment. Give us some side missions where we have to just escape tons of titans. Give us missions that we only have to save someone from from being eaten by titans. Give us missions that focuses on us stealthy moving through environment and avoiding titans.

They can do a lot of things with this setting and the gameplay mechanics of ODM gear. They should use them to their full potential.

At any rate, I'm super excited for this. Hopefully they won't do some new cinematics and call it a day. I really hope they vastly build and improve upon the first game.

P.S: To the people that are worried about its content. The first game wasn't just the first season of anime. It went past that. I'm sure they'll do the same here.

Fiendcode

PS4 and Xbox One are confirmed with Pro and X enhancements. Other platforms (Switch, Vita, PC, etc) are "under consideration".

ryushe

Real talk, the first one was much better than I ever thought it'd be.

Definitely the best Spider-Man game I've played in forever.

Kaizer

Banned
I always meant to get around to the first Titan Musou game, is it still worth a look? Glad they're making a sequel too.

Top Bottom