• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Worked perfectly in SSX 3, and seems to work just as well in the new one.

I plan on sticking with classic controls unless someone comes up with a real reason not to.

I had not played ssx in a while, it just felt weird, specially with the damn rewind on B too.

Ughzor.

img20120221190027.jpg

Can't stand playing with the buttons, but am loving using the R stick. Now I understand why Conner says that's his preferred way to play. Just feels right.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Really fun, but I'm really bad at it. Do people need to be on your friendslist to show up on ridernet?

soultron

Banned
Do like the music says and Focus on Your Ability.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

Dang soultron. You're the only one of my friends that I can't beat on Whitehorn Mountain!

Anyway, I'm loving the demo so far.

You should see some of the people on my list!

you are the adam warren of SSX times

Bakalhau actually holds a Guiness World Record for being one of the best SSX players in the world. It's actually true and I'm 100% serious.

I noticed some pretty major framerate hiccups going down the pipes on that huge drop on the Bulldog event.

Trust me, I know what framerate drops look like. I hate them. But I haven't seen any in the demo other than the obvious one in the helicopter at the start. Must be more variables at play here.

soultron

Banned
Trust me, I know what framerate drops look like. I hate them. But I haven't seen any in the demo other than the obvious one in the helicopter at the start. Must be more variables at play here.

Maybe it's an EU/NA thing? I've had some small hitches but nothing major, and not in Bulldog at the dam pipes area.

In any case, I'll let you guys know if there are any framerate drops this week when I get my copy.

Bakalhau actually holds a Guiness World Record for being one of the best SSX players in the world. It's actually true and I'm 100% serious.

C'mon, I know I do, but you didn't actually take that list seriously did you? :D If you wanna know which players are the best, you check Merqury City's Scoreboards, not that Guinness Book. It only lists SSX3's All-Peak Jam anyway, and there are a dozen more courses on SSX3... I did have some impressive stuff on SSX3 and I do consider myself pretty good at SSX in general, but believe me, far from being the best, and the fact that I feature on the Guinness is absolutely meaningless haha.

+1 on the framerate drops on the New Zealand pipes.

I saw a couple frames drop on the Bulldog pipes once. I was going crazy fast and all three other riders (and their trails) were visible on the screen. But it wasn't anything that would cause me to fuck up, it was a very slight drop.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

Of all the songs in the demo, that one is my favorite. I wish a the little box would pop up to tell me who does that song, like all the videos show. I guess that's not in the demo :(

Honestly all the songs in the demo are great. I might not use my massive custom playlist, and instead (assuming we can mix their songs and our songs on the list) I might just add a few choice cuts.

Jamie OD

The button layout feels a lot more comfortable to use than the analog sticks. Just need to avoid pressing the replay button by accident during the bigger trick combos. That cost me a few times already.

30fps with drops on the 360? Man, the PS3 version is going to be a mess.

I haven't experienced any drops, actually. Stays pretty constant.

Managed to get golds in both the demo events within an hour, looking forward to getting my hands on the full game and taking Eddie for a spin [or 20, lol]

I guess I won't be playing the PS3 demo until tomorrow then. No biggie. Xbox one was good and I expect the PS3 version to be the same. Excited about using a DualShock, as that is my preferred SSX controller.

Top Bottom