• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Sponge

Banned
:)

But change your thinking about Kinectn OR Kinectplace, or Kinecthome, or what have you. There is a whole new bird there...flying around.

Fair deal with me. :)

Maybe I can hope Kazooie can fly back around one day. Banjo could be such a profitable series under the right hands, it'd easily be Microsoft's Mario.

Then again times have changed and maybe I'm thinking like a 90'd kid? I think I'll be surprised either way.

Karak

:)

But change your thinking about Kinectn OR Kinectplace, or Kinecthome, or what have you. There is a whole new bird there...flying around.

Fair deal with me, maybe one day I can hope Kazooie can fly back around one day. Banjo could be such a profitable series under the right hands, it'd easily be Microsoft's Mario.

Then again times have changed and maybe I'm thinking like a 90'd kid? I think I'll be surprised either way.[

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

At launch window, I expect MS to have:

Project Gotham Racing
Call of Duty
Crytek Game
Rare Platformer
New 1st party IP Shooter
Bungie's Destiny
Madden
Fifa
Ass Creed
DOA or another Fighting Game

No Kinect. Kinect 2.0 will be an add-on for 2014 or later and have its own launch.

Would be awesome, but zero chance of that happening. ZERO.

Carrying success from generation to generation is hard.

Interested to see what Microsoft will do.

They don't even need to unveil a single exclusive game.

Assuming that Sony won't launch a new console in 2013, a "real" next gen COD,AC,BF,FIFA,Madden etc would be alone enough to warrant a successful first year for Microsoft new console.

teraMEL0S

I, like many of you, cannot wait any longer! Microsoft and Sony need to release that shit! Also, Samaritan better end up being a new 3rd person IP. It won't.

tnaden

Bit of luck this promotes a "response" from Sony.
Would be nice for the industry if they manage to release close to m$.

DjRoomba

Banned

Project Gotham Racing
Call of Duty
Crytek Game
Rare Platformer
New 1st party IP Shooter
Bungie's Destiny
Madden
Fifa
Ass Creed

No Kinect. Kinect 2.0 will be an add-on for 2014 or later and have its own launch.

This is what everyone wants. Instead it will be a Kinect-focused system with a shitload of unnecessary media and social network integration. It will have call of duty 18 and Halo V as its main, uninteresting games. Little to no shit will be given and everyone will be wondering if home video gaming is heading for another crash 1-2 years in.

I have very little doubt that MS will come out swinging games wise with the 720 launch/launch window/first year. It's what happens 2 years later where the doubts kick in.

M-PG71C

I got my Wii U now I need a fancy new Xbox underneath my entertainment system then my next-gen combo will be ready to go. Wii360 did great for me. Now its UDurango time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Project Gotham Racing
Call of Duty
Crytek Game
Rare Platformer
New 1st party IP Shooter
Bungie's Destiny
Madden
Fifa
Ass Creed

This would be fantastic, though I highly doubt PGR and the Rare platformer. I was just thinking the other day about making a thread about holes MS/Ninty/Sony have in their first party lineups and I thought Rare should really make another new IP platformer.

And also there's no way Kinect won't be there for launch. Doesn't make sense to remove Kinect from their strategy for a year, launch is the best time to carry momentum.

Karak

Sony was boasting that kind of attitude last gen, I would pray Microsoft doesn't get that cocky. It wouldn't end well for them.

No need to pray. Not happening.

Doesn't make sense to remove Kinect from their strategy for a year, launch is the best time to carry momentum.

It is indeed. Especially if Kinect(whatever) isn't just a rehash ;)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Next gen EVERY GAME WILL BE A MILITARY FPS WITH DLC, "DEEP" MORALITY CHOICES, A VIDEOGAMES ARE ART STORYLINE, SHALLOW ROMANCE, QTES, AND A HUGE FOCUS ON MLG MULTIPLAYER.

And you had better believe it will all be better with Kinect, considering that will be THE ONLY CONTROLLER AVAILABLE.

Also button-prompts everywhere, mini-maps, collectables, and objective markers. Fucking everywhere.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Oh man, I hate these ones..

Its a countdown and everyone is going nuts.
OF COURSE that they will show Durango stuff at E3, we don´t need a countdown for that...

(but also, its funny to see how people go cray over a countdown announcment.. ;)

On a related note...
Anyone else of the insiders heard about PR ideas of Durango? Recently I heard something about "Revealing next Xbox to 1 billion people"..
(which of course leads me to think MS will do something like the MTV stuff but with a big social media company, something with a face and a book?)

anyone? Bueller?

Now, with WiiU launched I can honestly wait another year for new consoles...

This is the flaw in the idea that the Wii U has a year to itself. It has at most until E3 as the sole 8th gen console in consumer minds, possibly less.

The spotlight is about to shift.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

jbug617

Banned
I don't think Black Tusk's game will launch this year. It will probably debut at E3 and get a Fall release in 2014.

Karak

Anyone else of the insiders heard about PR ideas of Durango? Recently I heard something about "Revealing next Xbox to 1 billion people"..
(which of course leads me to think MS will do something like the MTV stuff but with a big social media company, something with a face and a book?)

anyone? Bueller?

As I said in the other thread. And the ONLY thing I am talking about concerning this aspect.
The overlay and passthrough will be a big deal big enough that features it allows for will be in the advertising. As well as the partners, I talked about elsewhere, that haven't been partnered up in this fashion ever before and will have some of their own PR.
That being said, usually the PR firm in charge of the main account announces the information. I have yet to see that announcement or hear about it from anyone.

Hi Karak, excuse me for not knowing but are you connected with MS? Part of a developer? Or a member of the media?

Thanks.

Just have a proven and very very accurate source on specific things concerning 1 of the big 3 that I have written about elsewhere here.

I'm really looking forward to this thing that's happening 160DAYSFROMNOW.

Utter soul crushing disappointment. The kind of which you never recover from:)

Have a beer now...get started drinking. Jynnan tonnyx is good.

Fair deal with me. :)

Maybe I can hope Kazooie can fly back around one day. Banjo could be such a profitable series under the right hands, it'd easily be Microsoft's Mario.

Then again times have changed and maybe I'm thinking like a 90'd kid? I think I'll be surprised either way.

I agree. But didn´t you see what they did to this once great franchise with Nuts and Bolts. They had the opportunity, but completely fucked it up. I still can`t believe what they did to this great ip.

Sponge

Banned
I agree. But didn´t you see what they did to this once great franchise with Nuts and Bolts. They had the opportunity, but completely fucked it up. I still can`t believe what they did to this great ip.

Believe me I saw.

Grant Kirkhope spoke recently in his interview with Wha-Chow! that before Nuts & Bolts, Banjo 360 was gonna Banjo-Kazooie with Co-op. I would have eaten that shit up. Microsoft can redeem Banjo if they just get him under the right developers.

The day I can play a fleshed out version of Tooie's multiplayer on Live is the day I die a happy man.

Next gen EVERY GAME WILL BE A MILITARY FPS WITH DLC, "DEEP" MORALITY CHOICES, A VIDEOGAMES ARE ART STORYLINE, SHALLOW ROMANCE, QTES, AND A HUGE FOCUS ON MLG MULTIPLAYER.

And you had better believe it will all be better with Kinect, considering that will be THE ONLY CONTROLLER AVAILABLE.

Also button-prompts everywhere, mini-maps, collectables, and objective markers. Fucking everywhere.

gw-close20door.gif

Sandfox

They don't even need to unveil a single exclusive game.

Assuming that Sony won't launch a new console in 2013, a "real" next gen COD,AC,BF,FIFA,Madden etc would be alone enough to warrant a successful first year for Microsoft new console.

That really wouldn't convince people to upgrade though so it would be a hard sell for people that don't want to upgrade solely for the graphics.

Fjordson

I can't wait. Whether it'll be surprisingly exciting, or hilariously disappointing, I think we could all use some new shit to buy and/or laugh at.

Lingitiz

Project Gotham Racing - I don't expect this franchise to return. :( Forza 5 is more likely.
Call of Duty - for sure.
Crytek Game - I don't have alot of faith in this considering the troubled development and forced Kinect integration.
Rare Platformer - lol
New 1st party IP Shooter - I think this is still quite off. Maybe late 2014 similar to how Gears was a year after launch. That gives 343 a long dev cycle for Halo 5/whoever's working on the next Gears. It sounds like Black Tusk just got the greenlight a couple of weeks ago anyways.
Bungie's Destiny - This has to show up right?
Madden - Yeah.
Fifa - Yeah
Ass Creed - Yeah but if so I don't expect any type of significant graphical leap. Possibly a bridge title similar to GUN.
DOA or another Fighting Game - DOA is too soon.

Kinect 2.0 will be everywhere. There's no doubt that there will be a Kinect 2, so it would only be detrimental to not have every box ship with it.

Fjordson

Don't forget a new Remedy game. They've said they'll have news on new projects this year. Maybe Alan Wake 2 as a Durango launch title?

And E3 is now officially only less than 159 days away. If the hype is starting this early I wonder if that means Microsoft will be dropping breadcrumbs for people to find, and the press to report about, over the coming months.

Mr. Robot

Dat Halo 5

I got my Wii U now I need a fancy new Xbox underneath my entertainment system then my next-gen combo will be ready to go. Wii360 did great for me. Now its UDurango time.

Same here, but PC has slowly been replacing the xbox position...

iceatcs

Not sure if kinect will big deal. Cos the kinect softwares are seen fail to sell well.

I think it must be longest countdown in the game market ever

Top Bottom