• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

Darko

I drove a car into the ocean with a hooker in it, she swam to shore and as I followed her she started sneezing... she caught a cold from being in the water...

Kyle549

Ended up on Vespucci Beach just before dawn. The beach was completely deserted except for two construction type vehicles combing the sand on the beach.

Glassboy

I was walking around the Michael's house and walked by his daughters room where his daughter and some guy were standing. She slammed the door shut. 30 seconds later you could hear sex sounds coming from her room. Hilarious

wizzbang

Banned
So at this point, is this the greatest game of all time? I'm being serious here, this has beaten my expectations and honestly. I think it's surpassed what doom did for me nearly 20 years ago.

Standing in the gas station with Franklin, waiting for my stocks to update (15 and 45 past the hour) and after not touching the controls for a while, it went into first-person and Franklin looks over at the ratchet ass girl next to the drink cooler and the camera zooms in on her ass. My boy Frankie's hard up.

So at this point, is this the greatest game of all time? I'm being serious here, this has beaten my expectations and honestly. I think it's surpassed what doom did for me nearly 20 years ago.

Going by the definition of "great", it might be. Can't say whether it's the best game, but it could be the greatest.

DJMicLuv

Was playing as Trevor and looking at the internet. Went to the cult's website (can't remember the name) and Trevor said...

"If I wanted to join a cult I'd start my own."

Are there any more character specific reactions when viewing websites?

Looking around in the desert I saw a rock with the following words written on it (grammatical mistakes included)...

"They want me they can have
but they'll never get my people
even though I shall leave them sign enough
where they put me"

and a bunch of '8's scribbled around it.
Strange.

Looking around in the desert I saw a rock with the following words written on it (grammatical mistakes included)...

where they put me"

Strange.

Take a pic of it, breh

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

where they put me"

Strange.

It's one of the things I love from R*, they freaking love to put little things in each of their games.

It's just a matter of time until a mystery pops up in this game, just like Ratman in IV, Big Foot in SA, or the Ghost City in III.

One person that I retrieved stolen wallet/money, sent me a text the next day giving me 100k in his company's stocky's stock

That was the dude on a bicycle that got stolen. Had that one happen to me too. He says " this is fucking awesome! " when he rides off on his bike. The next day he says he is actually a millionaire and knows how to work the stock market, gives you 100k worth of stock. Forget which stock it is though.

But hey ... I have to say .. not a small detail but HOLY CRAP I LOVE THESE EXPLOSIONS

0_0.jpg

Going by the definition of "great", it might be. Can't say whether it's the best game, but it could be the greatest.

This is a good way to put it. It's a massive game not unlike the huge spectacle epic films we used to see in Hollywood with massive casts, ridiculous sets, and and a generally huge scale, but it might not be "the best", not for everyone anyway. Still has gameplay and usability issues that hold it back IMO. Control, movement, combat animations, combat design, etc. still aren't fluid enough to get "lost" in the game. I'm always self aware of the fact that I'm carefully inputting commands and, at times, fighting with the controls to do what I want. It never feels comfortable.

Oublieux

There are lots of neat touches I like so far: I played a few sets of tennis and the sneakers squeaking on the court was a smart detail.

I also found it amusing that in the evening, if you crash your car near a house, the house lights will suddenly go on (insinuating that the owners were startled).

One last thing I noticed: If you stand still long enough, your character will go in FP view and stare at something. Franklin typically likes to divert his gaze to chicks, ha.

DJMicLuv

Take a pic of it, breh

I haven't taken a picture of anything in game yet after hearing about the Social Club being down. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll see if I can find it again as I remember roughly where it was...
It's to the east of Trevor's house. There's a section which has a colourful rock 'thing', it says "save us..." or something, a big arty rock sculpture surrounded by hippies. Keep going east by foot staying around ground level and there are a whole bunch of big Trevor sized clean grey rocks. The message is written large on one of those. It's not hard to see the message from a little distance, it's pretty big. It's on the other side of the closest peak, with the observation deck, to the 'sculpture'.
Sorry I can't be more precise.
Happy huntin.

Jedi2016

Just saw a video showing that the backfire from a car can ignite gasoline. That surprised me, I can't really imagine any developer going through the effort of doing something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvEp11B83wM

Very impressive that the engine can store and run all those variables, all the time. That's just astounding.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a video showing that the backfire from a car can ignite gasoline. That surprised me, I can't really imagine any developer going through the effort of doing something like that.

Very impressive that the engine can store and run all those variables, all the time. That's just astounding.

I thought that the bushes thing was going to busted, BUT IT WASN'T. Best game evah.

SpecX

Holy shit, I had no idea hiding in the bushes worked for hiding from the cops. One thing I found out while casually playing was if you hold the brakes and do donuts long enough, the tires will blow out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy shit, I had no idea hiding in the bushes worked for hiding from the cops. One thing I found out while casually playing was if you hold the brakes and do donuts long enough, the tires will blow out.

You can do this in IV/EFLC, IIRC.

sant

That was the dude on a bicycle that got stolen. Had that one happen to me too. He says " this is fucking awesome! " when he rides off on his bike. The next day he says he is actually a millionaire and knows how to work the stock market, gives you 100k worth of stock. Forget which stock it is though.

FUCK I killed that guy

I don't know if it's been posted earlier, but I was driving quickly enough into oncoming traffic on a freeway. I crashed into a car and driver passenger's tire flew off. I then proceeded to drive it around.

Fun stuff

I love how Michael would say hi/interact with his family at home.

Also Amanda being in bed swirling her wine glass looking angry.

I want more of this type of stuff in a game. Amazing.

Kyzon

I was driving a drunk guy around and he puked out the window, also I had a couple having sex in my back seat while I was rolling around town.

The attention to detail in this game is unreal.

Kyzon

Oh, one more thing. If you're hiding on a building when you get 3+ stars, the cops now repel down the helicopters to the roof that you're on so they can actually see you clearly.

In GTA 4, I could stay up on a building for hours.

Chakan

There are so many things its hard to say.

The way the dust gets off the tires when you accelerate the car (the animation is so fucking real). Paramedics trying to save someone that just had an accident, the movies you can watch at the movie theater, the internet websites that even have cartoons and commercials that you can watch using the smartphone, the way cops actually rapel inside the buildings looking for you.

Right now, I was on my way to Franklin's 2nd safe house when I saw a woman throwing stuff out of the balcony, screaming at her husband, calling him unfaithful and stuff like that. Then he asked me for a ride lol

This game. THIS GAME.

Bradiculous

Neo Member
I derailed the mission where you steal the submarine and just explored the ocean floor for like a half hour. It's so detailed to the right down to the last rock even when you're 3 miles out.

and when you run for a while the character's back starts sweating.

Darmik

You cannot pick up a prostitute if a cop car is driving nearby. Even if they're not actively pursuing you. They panic and try to look busy and avoid getting the cops attention.

When doing the booty call with one of the strippers, the girl got a bit handsy with Michael on the drive to the apartment. This was the third time I phoned her up. I was trying to see if she would send more pictures.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guhhhh, I tried this game for only like, 10 minutes, before switching to Diablo 3 since I chose to finish it first. Reading all the stuff in here will make it hard to concentrate on Diablo 3, even though I am at act IV now, hahaha.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmh.

I switched to Trevor one time, and he was following some guy on a scooter while also on a scooter. He was screaming, "COME ON SCOOTER BROTHER!" Naturally, I kept following the guy, and Trevor just kept heckling him.

It's probably my favorite Trevor moment.

^That's a reference to a 4PlayerPodcast video of GTAIV. Search "Scooter Brothers" in YouTube

The LiveInvader (Facebook) pages have comments that pertain to in game events. Saw Lamar's comments on Franklin's page about the the "Hood Safari" mission.

They even accurately captured the "older relative posting passive vague, aggressive comments" issue.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Switching to Trevor is always so crazy:

1) He was sleeping in a dumpster and woke up half confused

2) Being chased by the police with 2 stars

3) Writing on a note pad by some port looking all suspicious

I'm very afraid of future switches to Trevor... haha

bLaiSe

Someone might mentioned this before but I always chuckle when I'm controlling Trevor and someone says something like "That's the guy from Midget F*ckers 2".
I always punch them in the face thinking "You sick bastard!"

dreamfall

Switching to Trevor is always so crazy:

1) He was sleeping in a dumpster and woke up half confused

2) Being chased by the police with 2 stars

3) Writing on a note pad by some port looking all suspicious

I'm very afraid of future switches to Trevor... haha

I had some crazy ones tonight.

I think him just finishing masturbating, screaming, and then wiping his hand on the wall with no shirt on was wild!

And looking around suspiciously with a shovel, after finishing burying something/one with a mini-van that wasn't his usual ride in the middle of the desert.

Also, ending up drunk at lofty heights is always hilarious.

This game- god damn!

Jamie OD

^That's a reference to a 4PlayerPodcast video of GTAIV. Search "Scooter Brothers" in YouTube

The LiveInvader (Facebook) pages have comments that pertain to in game events. Saw Lamar's comments on Franklin's page about the the "Hood Safari" mission.

They even accurately captured the "older relative posting passive vague, aggressive comments" issue.

The pages for Michael's family are also good for their reactions to his moments.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
I got racially profiled as Franklin when walking in the Grand Senora Desert.I was minding my own business till some cop randomly threatened and attacked me with his nightstick.

Good news is, I made sure to not become another statistic. :p

Top Bottom