• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Alucard

Banned
Four eps in and I'm really liking it. I even liked how they spent the first two episodes catching viewers up on the characters and how they meet up.

I just finished binging it and really liked it. There was one stretch that felt like a bit of a lull (maybe 40-ish minutes between two episodes), but I thought they did a good job with it overall.

Pikma

Banned
My niece and my nephew went to some kid's birthday party and they had fishbowls (with actual living fishes) as table decoration and they said people could take them home if they wanted

What the fuck is wrong with people, I don't think that shit is even legal, and even if it is it shouldn't be

Marvie_3

Banned
My niece and my nephew went to some kid's birthday party and they had fishbowls (with actual living fishes) as table decoration and they said people could take them home if they wanted

What the fuck is wrong with people, I don't think that shit is even legal, and even if it is it shouldn't be
Fish are up there with birds in the pointless pets competition.

Socreges

Banned

So you're against giving fish a good home? 🙄

Marvie_3

Banned
Let's say nobody took any of them, what do you think the family or whoever paid for them will do with them? Keep them alive for the next time someone wants similar decoration?🙄
They'll raise them as their own.

Then eat them once they get to a good size.

What kind of fish, Pikma?

This is essential.

It's unbelievable if I don't know what kind of fish it is.

Socreges

Banned
Let's say nobody took any of them, what do you think the family or whoever paid for them will do with them? Keep them alive for the next time someone wants similar decoration?🙄
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you just want the fish to be alone. For the family to be alone. For them to not find each other. Not surprised at all.

PillarEN

You know. It sure is a lot of effort to get fish and bowls just for decoration. I mean who wants to go through that trouble.

Seems almost Tabris-like.

Maybe the kid is obsessed with fish?

imBask

Banned
Fish are up there with birds in the pointless pets competition.

from my understanding, having a fish is 99% about fiddling around with the fishtank and decorating it and 1% about having a fish. It's more like a gardening hobby or something than owning a pet

owning a bird just means you lack attention and you enjoy pissing everyone off in your apartment building or neighbourhood

itunes is some spooky shit. once upon a time in 05 or 07 or whatever i noticed it was installed on my computer overnight, and im 70% sure i didnt do it. and no one else was on my computer.

never trusted Apple since.

PillarEN

itunes is some spooky shit. once upon a time in 05 or 07 or whatever i noticed it was installed on my computer overnight, and im 70% sure i didnt do it. and no one else was on my computer.

never trusted Apple since.

Then there was the time Apple uploaded a new U2 album to everybody. If only it was done for the 30th Anniversary Joshua Tree album instead.

I remember back in the day plugging my iPod (the color display one) into the PC when it was booting up and that caused the iPod to completely wipe itself lol. Ok that one is on me, but still.

I was doing my album or artist rename trick for almost 2 hours yesterday lol. Nearly every artist had at least one album that wasn't properly showing up on iTunes. And every single one (if it caused problems) was from cd rips I made through iTunes at one point or another. All the non-iTunes processed music was fine. Go figure

Marvie_3

Banned
from my understanding, having a fish is 99% about fiddling around with the fishtank and decorating it and 1% about having a fish. It's more like a gardening hobby or something than owning a pet

owning a bird just means you lack attention and you enjoy pissing everyone off in your apartment building or neighbourhood
A friend of mine has a bird and i constantly hear it through my headset when we're playing something on xbox live. Its so fucking annoying.

Quick

Banned
I only use iTunes for transferring big files from PC to iPad/iPhone, and local backup if I want to try out the current iOS beta. I didn't bother trying the iOS 11 betas though, just based on past experience and now the fact that it's coming out next month (probably).

zroid

Banned
never used iTunes myself before but there was a time like 8 years ago when my cousin couldn't figure out how to do something with her apple device and asked if i could help. that was my first and last experience with iTunes. needless to say it was unpleasant.

PillarEN

never used iTunes myself before but there was a time like 8 years ago when my cousin couldn't figure out how to do something with her apple device and asked if i could help. that was my first and last experience with iTunes. needless to say it was unpleasant.

It still is. I don't like the whole "sync" culture with Apple products and how eager Apple is to absolutely remove everything from all your devices if you remove X from your iTunes. Like hey! You over controlling punks are not making your ecosystem idiotproof, your making it non-user friendly.

I don't sync my phone. I do everything manually. That's the best way to go as far as I'm concerned. Another issue is you can see your pictures/videos normally in Windows without accessing iTunes. But for whatever reason if you place new pictures into that specific folder it won't show up in my iPhone. I mean it's somewhere in there but it is not in the photos app.
Instead in iTunes I have to go to my digital usb app and drag and drop the pictures into that app. then on my phone I tell it with a few taps to place these photos into the pictures app.

Apple to me is the opposite of simple or logical. I just want to do simple things. They are so damn rigid and obsessed over their ecosystem that I can't do that nice and easy.

my first dealing with itunes was when someone asked me if I could try and get their music back off of their ipod, as most of what they had on there was added from CDs to itunes and the PC they had done that on's HDD died.

This is when I discovered that itunes takes all the individual music files, drops them in a single folder on the ipod, converts all of their names to gibberish, then hides an encrypted database somewhere on the device for the ipod to read to figure out which file is actually which.

Fuck iTunes (and ipods for that matter)

Pikma

Banned
I found KingBroly's instagram

DHo17-9WsAEMcT-

DHo17_BXkAANzLn

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That Solar eclipse was disappointing

No it wasn't. Were you in the totality? Even 99.9% isn't the same as totality. Completely different ballgame. Totally minblowingly awesome. Temperature dropped, it got dark, you take the glasses off and can see a perfect black circle, with sun's corona forming a faint white ring around it, with solar flares shooting off to the sides like rays. Sight of a lifetime.

We're now on the way back from Albany, Oregon.

we've moved 44 miles in 4 hours. Eating lunch now. Google says 6h30mins to go for another 340miles. Less awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
70% (I think) here in s Toronto.

It got dark and windy. I didn't have glasses but took a quick peek.

Do yourself a favour and drive down for 100% in 2024. Toronto will get like 99.5% but that's NOTHING like the mind-blowing experience 100% is. Do it.

Top Bottom