• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Credits for this post go to FearMyWrench, suzu, Linius, Ellix, Philia, and bluepolicebox.

i4fB8clAqIFqB.png

Resources

11228982773_ce3899af34_o.png

ibdTp4jTXrSOQx.png

Art Trick

Tired of Crazy Redd not showing up in your town week after week? Don't fret, you can still fill up that museum art section with the help of your villagers.

All you need are Smug, Uchi and Cranky villagers (list). The trick is very simple:

First of all, it helps if your inventory is devoid of furniture/clothing, as that takes away one potential avenue of conversation. All you need to do, then, is talk to said villager. That's it!

Talk to them about five to seven times. If they don't offer to sell you a painting, go to main street or another building and go back to them again. This is to prevent the villager from getting upset/contemplative and not temporarily not talking to you. If they do offer you a painting, leave and come back as well, and start the process again. It's also helpful to not hold tools or be around houses, as these add more conversation options.

Smug villagers sell their paintings at 7,056 a piece, while cranky villagers sell them at a more reasonable 3,136 a piece, and will occasionally just give them to you for free after you agree to buy them. Uchi villagers will also sell you paintings at 4,704 bells a piece, mostly through normal chat, though occasionally through "surprised" chat.

Bear in mind, these paintings can be fakes. So always check them in your house against the forged art guide. That's really all there is to it. Above all, be patient! You will run through the same sets of dialogue over and over, and there will be a point where you're sick of hearing that you're cooler than a fair number of cucumbers, or that the villager isn't going to use the weather as an excuse. Eventually your persistence will pay off.

Swimming Trick (farming for PWPs)

If you find that villagers aren't suggesting PWPs quickly enough, you can try this method in order to increase the chances for villagers to suggest a PWP to you!

GameTrailers Video

The above video covers pretty much everything there is know about how to perform the trick, so check it out!

Main points:
  • PWP suggestions only occur when villagers have a "surprised" emote from seeing you walk by their line of sight, and then running up to you. They don't show up in normal conversation.
  • You'll need a wetsuit for the trick. These are available at random in the Tropical Island gift store and are bought using Island Medals.
  • The key to the trick is to avoid contact with any villagers in the game for a period of 5-10 minutes. The easiest way to do this is to hide by swimming in the ocean. You don't need to be doing anything during that time so you can idle, or try diving for some sea creatures.
  • When a villager runs up to you to chat, it's not necessarily a PWP suggestion but can be several other conversation paths. To limit unwanted paths such as the villager selling/buying items or animals, fill your pockets with things such as Bells, tools, flowers, or seashells. However, you may still get other conversations such as changing catchphrases.
  • The game automatically forces villagers to give you a "take a break" message after you've been playing for 30-60 min, so if nobody is running up to you, try talking to one directly to clear out this message.

Minor things to add:
  • Only the mayor can receive PWP suggestions.
  • You can trap a villager with shovel holes so they won't move around if you're trying to get a PWP suggestion from a certain villager, preferably near the beach to minimize the risk of running into other villagers.
  • Although known as the "swimming trick", the key is really just to avoid contact with any villagers for a period of time, so if you prefer to stand in a corner of town you could do that too. However, remember that villagers walk around so this method is less reliable compared to swimming.

Alt Reset Trick

What is the alt reset trick?
When you start a new day, certain aspects of your game are saved during Isabelle’s greeting. The alt reset trick is a workaround that allows you to survey your town by using a New Save File. You must be able to create a new character and have a spot where you don’t mind temporarily placing a house for your new character (you may delete the character/house when you’re finished, though it will leave a large dirt patch) to do the trick.

Why would I want to use it?
There are a few situations where alt resetting comes in handy:
  • You have fewer than 9 villagers. Once you’ve gotten down to 8 villagers, the game will force a 9th on you. There are more variables to consider in this situation than the others: you’ll be checking both the owner and location of the plot. Resetting is tricky here as you could find an ideally located plot with a less than ideal villager, etc.
  • You have fewer than 10 villagers and would like to try to find one through your campsite. Campers are pretty rare and it’s been proven that some days have much better camper to empty tent ratios than others.
  • You have fewer than 10 villagers and play online/ use StreetPass often. If you’re worried about picking up a tag-along, the alt reset trick can be used to check for a plot and place it in an ideal location but it can’t prevent that villager from moving in.
  • You have invited a villager to move in from your campsite (2 days ago) or from someone else’s town (the day before) and want to get their plot in a good spot.
How do I do it?
1. Start up Animal Crossing and choose “New Save File.” Don’t start the day with your mayor or a preexisting character. If you do, your day is locked and resetting won’t change anything.
2. Go through Rover’s screens.
3. When you arrive in your town, look around carefully. Plots are easy to miss. If you’re resetting for campers, just head to the campsite.
4.If you found the plot and/or villager/camper and you’re unhappy with it, hit the home or power button to quit the game without saving and go back to the 3DS home screen. Repeat steps 1-3. Be prepared to be patient: this can take a long time.
5. When you’ve done steps 1-4 and are happy with the location of your new villager, it’s time to save. Head to town hall to talk to Isabelle. She’ll direct you to Nook so you can put down a tent and save your game.
6. Now it’s safe to log in as your mayor. Everything will be locked in and it’s okay to delete the new character you created.

Note: When resetting plots, you may find that villagers seem to land in the same spot over and over. They do. Every town has invisible hot spots that have a higher probability of attracting a plot. If one of these spots is in a location that works for you, great: resetting will be less time consuming. If not, it could take awhile to get the plot where you want it.

ivlRmBQ0lUbHw.png

When do I get to use the QR Code option?
Talk to Sable (the brown hedgehog) everyday at the Able Sisters. After 10 days (does not have to be consecutive), she will be friendlier and a huge sewing machine is unlocked.

How do I get a villager to move out?
One way is to ignore them completely after initially speaking to them. They will eventually move out after a few weeks.

Another way is to become really good friends with them (talking to them often, completing their requests, sending letters, etc).

Sometimes a villager will talk about another villager moving out, in which case you can just ignore the villager in question. Usually though, the moving villager will ping and tell you they are moving out, and you can ask them to leave or stay. After saying goodbye, you should ignore them until they finally move out of your town. If you do speak to them, it's possible they'll bring up moving, and regardless of what conversation option you choose, they'll change their mind, so try to avoid that.

How do I wake up Cyrus (the blue alpaca)?
You must have:
- played 7 days since the creation of the town
- sold 100,000 bells worth of items to Re-Tail
- have 100 pieces of furniture in your catalog
- have 50 clothing items in your catalog

I got a gem from smashing a rock. What do I do with it?
You can customize certain pieces of furniture with them by bringing it to Cyrus.

*Note: Everyday there is always one rock in your town that will contain a gem. If you hit a money rock with a silver shovel, you may get gems instead.

What do I do with perfect fruit?
Bury them for perfect fruit trees! Creating an orchard filled with perfect fruit trees is a good way to make tons of bells outside the stalk market. The idea is that you keep saving up each harvest you do until you find the perfect place to sell your fruits. This perfect place is a foreign town with a different native fruit and a Re-Tail that is paying premium prices for your perfect fruit. That way each of your fruits is worth 6.000 bells. This is a good way to earn a lot of bells on the side with little effort. The only downside to perfect fruit trees however is that they die after a few harvests (5 harvests seems average). So you'll have to own a couple of axes to cut down the remainders of trees and plant a new one right away.

*Note: You can only grow perfect fruit that is native to your town.

Why are my trees withering?
The sapling will not grow if it's directly adjacent to anything. You must have at least one or two spaces all around the sapling. Palm tree fruit (coconuts and bananas) can only be grown on beaches.

*Note: You don't need to water trees.

How do I regrow my town's grass?
Plant flowers on top of the dirt patches. Don't use the fastest run speed while in town.

*Note: You can still run on the beaches, the Main Street, and the Island.

How do I get rid of a bee sting?
Save and Quit. Or buy medicine from the Nookling shop. Or speak to the villagers (one of them might give you some medicine).

Where is K.K. Slider?
Unlock Club LOL/101. He DJs every night at 8PM, except on Saturdays. On that night, he will be playing his guitar. On the first Saturday you listen to him, he'll give you a random song, while every subsequent Saturday will allow you to request a specific song. You can only get one song a week.

What is Club Tortimer?
An online and instanced version of the island, where you can play with random players over the internet. You can mess around with the main island as much as you want, since any damage is not permanent. There are also Club exclusive items in the shop.

*Note: It costs 50 medals to buy a membership. The membership item is randomly sold at the island.

How do I get a tan?
Unequip headgear, accessories, and umbrellas. Stay in the sun on the island for a long time. Read this for details.

How do I change my character's looks?
You can't change your face after starting the game.
You can change your hair style, hair color, eye color. You can also wear a Mii Mask. This is all done at Shampoodle.

*Note: Face guide. | Hair style and color guide. | Eye color guide.

How do I get houses to show up in the Happy Home Showcase plaza?
- Turn on Spotpass from the game's start screen.
- Talk to Digby and turn on Streetpass.
- Make sure the Wireless button/slider on your 3DS is in the On position.
- Spotpassing requires an internet connection.
- You will know you have new houses when a glowing blue (spotpass) and/or green (streetpass) dot shows up on your ACNL icon on your 3DS's home screen or notifications.

*Note: You can get freebies (balloons, ice cream, etc) from repeat visitors!

What is Time Traveling/Time Travel in this game?
One of the fundamental aspects of Animal Crossing is that the game runs on a real-time clock. If you choose to, you can change the time on your 3DS or game to whatever you want, bypassing and ruining the real time aspect. Some feel that this ruins the longevity of the game, and you'll find yourself growing bored of the game sooner. For this reason, many of us would rather not play with those who choose to time travel. Besides, you'll have more fun in the long run without it!

What's all this nonsense about not running? Why shouldn't I run?
Lots of people like to plant flowers around their village and even cross breed them for hybrid flowers. It's hard work and if you run through flowers, you'll weaken or even destroy them. So please, be careful where you run in other GAFer's towns. You're sure to piss people off if you ruin their flowers. Also, running causes grass wear and some don't like that either.

Is there StreetPass in this game? What does it do?
At the back of Main Street is the Happy Home Showcase. When your StreetPass a player with New Leaf, their house will appear in the Happy Home Showcase area. Feel free to take a look around their house for design inspiration and if you see an item you like, you may be able to order it for yourself!

Does this version have real holidays?
Unlike the last portable version of Animal Crossing, this version offers all of the real holidays from the Gamecube plus many more. In fact, the gameplay of many of the holidays have been revamped to offer a new experience if you played them before.

I have T.I.Y. unlocked, but need to do Gracie's fashion checks to upgrade to the Emporium. Why won't she show up?
Unfortunately, her fashion check visits are random. It could take as little as a couple weeks, or as long as a few months.

Why isn't Gracie selling *insert item*?
Gracie's stock is cyclical, so she won't be selling the same stuff throughout the year. Her seasons are defined as follows:

Spring is March 1st to May 31st, and the Princess series is available.
Summer is June 1st to August 31st, and Gracie's series is available.
Autumn is September 1st to November 30th, and the Sweets series is available.
Winter is December 1st to February 28th/29th, and the Gorgeous series is available.

On top of this, during the last month of the season there will be sales, with 15% off all items starting on the 15th, 30% off on the 21st, and 50% off on the 26th. Some of the seasonal items may be sold out and replaced with pieces of the Card series or the Wedding Cake item, though these items are not discounted. There are also clothes that you can only buy during the sales periods.

How do I get a mannequin?
There are actually four that you can get, one each from the three Able Sisters and one from Gracie.

Sable's requires you to have bought 50 items from the Able Sisters shop and you also must talk to her for 10 days.
Mabel's requires you to have bought 51 pieces of clothing from her shop.
Labelle's requires you to buy an accessory a day for over 30 days.
Gracie's requires you to buy an item of clothing from her floor of the Emporium.

I have 9 villagers, how do I get a 10th?
A tenth villager can move into your town under a few different circumstances:

-Campsite animals can be invited to move into your town.
-If a villager is packed up in another person's town, you can visit them and invite them.
-Randomly from a wifi tag-along from playing online or StreetPass. When a villager leaves a town without being adopted, they’re placed in a queue where there’s a random chance they can move to a new town via wifi or StreetPass. Only one villager is held in the queue at once and they eventually disappear after an undetermined amount of time. Some mayors prefer to refrain from online play/StreetPass when they have fewer than 10 villagers in their towns to avoid picking up a random villager in this manner. Also, the alt reset trick will not prevent a tag-along from moving in and potentially ruining your life.

Why won’t my camper move in?
First of all, you have to have less than 10 villagers, and the camper must be in your town, as you can't invite campers from other towns. Talking to the camper a couple times will get them to hint that they would like to your town and you’ll get a dialogue to offer or decline an invitation. However, occasionally it may take a few tries to get them to agree to move into your town.

The quickest way to get a camper to move in is to empty your pockets of all items, tools, and bells. This dissuades from them wanting to play games so you can get to the dialogue about moving in quicker. Keep at it until they agree. As long as you have a vacancy, they’ll eventually agree to move in.

Note: It takes two days for a villager to move in when they’ve been invited from the campsite (as opposed to the one day when a boxed up villager is invited in from another town).

My old villagers keep showing up on Main Street! Why? I want them out of my life for good!
This is how it works: after five villagers move out of your town, the first of those five will start showing up in Main Street (including the stores), and up to four former villagers can show up at most. Once a 9th villager moves out, that first one will be gone forever, and so forth. So, for example, say Elise, Boomer, Sparro, and Annalisa have moved out, and Rhonda is moving out next. After Rhonda moves, Elise will start showing up. If another villager moves, Boomer will show up, then Sparro, then Annalisa. If a villager moves after Annalisa shows up, then Rhonda will show up and Elise will be gone, and so on.

ivKMsOi2yi2PL.png

Please note: the spreadsheet has not been used for nearly a year. If you would like friends, kindly leave your friend code in a post in this thread. It's also helpful to leave your GAF username as your 3DS message (if it isn't obvious who you are). Friend lists get full, and it's difficult to decide whether to keep Andy or Mike when there are no other indicators as to who they are. Also, never hesitate to ask for help. There are many wonderful people here who are always willing to lend a hand. Or an item. Or some bells. Etc. Basically, don't be shy. Also, if you do visit, please use common sense and be courteous. Please.

Town Visiting Etiquette

When visiting the villages of other GAFers, you should keep the following etiquette in mind. If problems arise, we have to implement some kind of a blacklist in here, but hopefully that won't happen.

- Be careful with your axe. Don't cut down trees without permission!
- Be careful of where you run and leave flowers alone.
- If others are trying to trade, leave them alone and don't touch their items.

Friend Codes

Philia and Mikor are managing the friend code form and spreadsheet for this OT. If you have questions or problems with the system, send one of them a friendly PM.

Want to view the list/spreadsheet or add your own friend code to the list/spreadsheet? Quote the post to see the link. Please do not share in the thread without email tags.

Need to have your entry edited for any reason? Contact one of our friendly spreadsheet managers: Mikor, Philia, Samurai_Heart, and Robin64. Remember, if you don't have a 3DS yet, you can fill out the form without a friend code and have one of our helpers update your entry later.

Use this website to find your UTC timezone offset for the form.

QUOTE TO SEE THE FORM LINK

iiZt3uYsTIgYN.png

IT WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THE POST

iXeqxejpy77eM.png

Hall of Fame/Shame of the last thread

SMpLUG8.jpg

DLC (It's all free! No paid DLC in this game!)

The Sagittarius Bow is available from November 23rd to December 21st:

B3IZs_sIMAA85LH.png:medium

Niraj

I'm slowly editing the OP, so please let me know if there's something you think should be included, or things you think should be removed. I'm just using my own judgement right now, so if I delete something you feel is vital, also let me know about that.

I'd also like to give credit where it's due, so anybody who contributed information to the OP from the last topic, please let me know. I know Philia and Ellix did, but if I'm not recalling others, speak up :)

Niraj

I axed a bit from the OP, but I'm too tired to focus. Past my bedtime I'm afraid. I'll be sure to edit more tomorrow, so please let me know your suggestions, whether in the thread or via PM. Happy Halloween everyone!

Here's a GameFAQs thread which seems pretty helpful in regards to Halloween once more. Have fun guys, and I'll be playing tomorrow night with hopefully a good number of you :)

sca2511

So I'm trying to catch sharks for my girlfriend while she's studying and I keep tripping. I mean multiple times per rotation of the island. I haven't encountered this before, any reason to why this is happening?

Niraj

So I'm trying to catch sharks for my girlfriend while she's studying and I keep tripping. I mean multiple times per rotation of the island. I haven't encountered this before, any reason to why this is happening?

Bad luck. If you have a Lovely Phone, you can check that for your lucky item to negate it. Katrina can tell you too, but that would require somebody in a time zone where she'd still be active. I think you can also wear a Celebration Hat or Tingle Hood, though I'm not 100% sure.

(seriously going to bed now :p)

Frogstep

The next few months are literally the best part of the year in this game. So much stuff happens.

It's too bad so many people left to Pokéland. Hopefully they'll find their way back home.

This is usually when I would start my AC games up, so it's a pretty exciting and memorable time for me. I haven't missed a day in my town, even with me investing some time into Pokéland. Plenty of time for both! :)

Mekere

OT5 woohoo \o/

Cube is all packed up today! I couldn't check his house lately but he should have many custom black robot furniture.

200px-Cube_NL.png

He is a lazy penguin and part of the "not really an animal" villager and recently decided to wear in a fabulous way the corseted shirt. Does anyone wants to adopt him?

I have a long story with Cube... Very long. He has been in every single of my town. Wild world, City folk and first villager in New leaf. I used to consider him as a creepy stalker but after meeting Graham, he finally grow on me a little. So, I would love to see him in a good town.

Frogstep

200px-Cube_NL.png

He is a lazy penguin and part of the "not really an animal" villager and recently decided to wear in a fabulous way the corseted shirt. Does anyone wants to adopt him?

I have a long story with Cube... Very long. He has been in every single of my town. Wild world, City folk and first villager in New leaf. I used to consider him as a creepy stalker but after meeting Graham, he finally grow on me a little. So, I would love to see him in a good town.

I remember when I first got him in the first AC game I thought his GameCube shirt was the coolest thing ever! Now he's been reduced to wearing that ugly thing. :<

Mekere

Well right now he is wearing a fabulous corseted shirt. Too bad, a few days ago he was wearing my zombie shirt and it was perfect on him :/

Hurray for OT5! Happy Halloween everyone.

And I can personally vouch for Cube being amazing. He's in my town right now too and I love him. He was the first villager to give me their picture too. Robo penguin FTW!

Yay!!!! :)

Happy to see OT 5!!!

This evening it is Halloween. But I got everything already. :( Hopefully I can attend the event, I'm gonna have a dinner tonight with family... Happy Halloween, everyone.

Still no golden shovel. And still far away from the abd...

And still gardening flowers. Green thumb I've been called. :)

And what will we get tomorrow for DLC and spotpass stuff? :)

And any new catches for November? :)

SuperSah

Banned
This sadly will probably be the last OT. :(

Happy Halloween guys! I have no plans tonight, so New Leaf festivities it is!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So glad I've paced myself on this game. Now that I'm focusing on my town's look I've still got plenty to do. It's also looking really nice to work around with flowers, trees and bushes nicely arranged for once.

Then my next plan to expand my alts house. Was careful not to invest to much in my alt incase I wasn't happy with the house placement.

Still think one should be able to pass on the title of major to another villager.

Linius

OT5 yeuh. I wonder if Pokémon is ever gonna hit OT5 :p

Gonna ready myself for Halloween. Ordering some masks for my alt and use that Gamefaqs thread Niraj posted in the previous OT.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ordering some masks for my alt and
Since you can only use one at a time couldn't you just dump the masks outside their house when you've finished with your main account? That's what I plan to do if I have time to do the event twice.

Linius

Since you can only use one at a time couldn't you just dump the masks outside their house when you've finished with your main account? That's what I plan to do if I have time to do the event twice.

Now you mention it, that could probably work yeah. Just scare all your villagers with your main account first. Drop the masks in front of your alts house. Repeat.

Guess I'll stick to ordering some clothing I can afford to lose to get some of these patched items. But the creepy set is priority. I'm still not sure if it's possible to get the complete set with one character though. From what I understand you can only get a lollipop from scaring a villager once. But not all the villagers are in their homes...

EDIT

Oh, a few posts down in that same thread OP said that you'll have to save and quit from time to time to cycle the villagers who are inside or outside. Everytime you do that other villagers may be outside their houses so you get the chance to scare all ten of them to get all ten items in one Halloween session.

EDIT 2

NOOOOOOO

My bro Frank is in boxes and for some reason I missed that. Not only am I down to nine villagers at Halloween, I also never wanted to lose him :(

Chopper

Now you mention it, that could probably work yeah. Just scare all your villagers with your main account first. Drop the masks in front of your alts house. Repeat.

Guess I'll stick to ordering some clothing I can afford to lose to get some of these patched items. But the creepy set is priority. I'm still not sure if it's possible to get the complete set with one character though. From what I understand you can only get a lollipop from scaring a villager once. But not all the villagers are in their homes...

EDIT

Oh, a few posts down in that same thread OP said that you'll have to save and quit from time to time to cycle the villagers who are inside or outside. Everytime you do that other villagers may be outside their houses so you get the chance to scare all ten of them to get all ten items in one Halloween session.

EDIT 2

NOOOOOOO

My bro Frank is in boxes and for some reason I missed that. Not only am I down to nine villagers at Halloween, I also never wanted to lose him :(
That, my friend, is a pokemon injury. It's the price we pay for cycling up and down Route 7 over and over again for hours instead of attending to our villagers' needs. I feel your pain. Pippy's officially gone this morning, and the spot where her house was is looking very sad indeed. A gaping hole on the otherwise blooming canvas that is Buckland. She didn't leave me her picture in the post, and none of the other neighbours have mentioned her passing. I didn't even find her a nice town to go to. What have I done? :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, we need spare clothing for some of the items?

Hopefully I have some because I may not get home before 5pm.

Linius

I haven't even finished Pokémon yet :(

Well, my main char is as prepared for Halloween as can be I guess. And I just visited Gracie's shop for the first time since I got today. But damn, these prices... At least she gave me my fourth mannequin.

Also need to list my spare paintings and other stuff for trade later today. Really need to organise my stuff a bit and start doing some redecorating. Got so much new furniture over the past 1,5 month thanks to DLCs, spooky, Gracie, Fish etc. :D

Chopper

I haven't even finished Pokémon yet :(

Well, my main char is as prepared for Halloween as can be I guess. And I just visited Gracie's shop for the first time since I got today. But damn, these prices...

Also need to list my spare paintings and other stuff for trade later today. Really need to organise my stuff a bit and start doing some redecorating. Got so much new furniture over the past 1,5 month thanks to DLCs, spooky, Gracie, Fish etc. :D
You're in exactly the same spot as me. There's nothing like a new month to get you back into the swing of things though. Is there a new catches for November image doing the rounds?

Oxx

I'm probably not going to finish any of the games I am currently playing.

After changing a room in my AC house for the first time in months, I do have a renewed enthusiasm for redecorating.

And I can put away all the halloween furniture after today lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yep, I may bring out the fireworks table again because for us Brits early November is fireworks time.

Linius

I will try to find a new catch november thingy if it's already there. All the last chance catches for october I have ^^

Made a list of my villagers and what masks I need, in case some people share villagers with me here it is:

Apple - Bug Mask
Beau - Werewolf Hood
Flurry - Bug Mask
Henry - Werewolf Hood
Jay - Skeleton Hood
Julian - Bug Mask
Kabuki - Skeleton Hood
Mira - Bug Mask
Simon - Monster Mask

Linius

There's nothing for November 5th in the UK New Leaf, is there? Seems odd.

Harvest Festival is the only event (besides the fishing tourney) coming up in november. It's the fourth saturday of november to be exact.

Guess I'll stick to watching V for Vendetta on november fifth then :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
V for Vendetta doesn't really get the message of what November 5 is about.

for starters, Guy Fawkes is not seen as a hero and we burn effigies of him every year. He also isn't the one who led the gun powder plot, just the one who was caught,

I suppose while bonfire and fireworks would be fine, NoE couldn't quite convince Nintendo in Japan that the burning of a Redd effigy was a good idea.

Oxx

Forget Halloween, this has already been the best day in a long time:

tumblr_mvj7jnJ3rH1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Nibbles out, Goldie in. Great trade.

tumblr_mvj7kueJRb1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Reneee! I knew I liked you. Just a shame Isabelle won't let me start building it because of the event today.

Linius

for starters, Guy Fawkes is not seen as a hero and we burn effigies of him every year. He also isn't the one who led the gun powder plot, just the one who was caught,

I suppose while bonfire and fireworks would be fine, NoE couldn't quite convince Nintendo in Japan that the burning of a Redd effigy was a good idea.

Yeah, not saying it gives you an idea of what went down. But I just like that film :p

Mushroom hunting starts in November too. It comes with a unique furniture set.

Cool :D

It's not listed as an event in my guide so I didn't notice.

Just missed out on cracking the wall of shame. I have failed you AC-GAF. :< I am ashamed.

Koo, saw your post in the last thread. Town still had perfect status, so it turned out OK. Still bummed I missed out on the lead-up, but what can you do?

Forget Halloween, this has already been the best day in a long time:

tumblr_mvj7jnJ3rH1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Nibbles out, Goldie in. Great trade.

tumblr_mvj7kueJRb1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Reneee! I knew I liked you. Just a shame Isabelle won't let me start building it because of the event today.
Congrats man! Expect a good Halloween, good AC moments come in 3s.

for starters, Guy Fawkes is not seen as a hero and we burn effigies of him every year. He also isn't the one who led the gun powder plot, just the one who was caught.
You monsters. Why do you love fascism?

Shh, no one tell anon.

Happy OT5 and Halloween, AC Gaf :) Nice to see everyone who's made it this far.

And good job on the OT, Niraj. What would we do without you?

Oh man. :/ I dumped a bunch of stuff on the ground for my alt this morning, and my town rating went down. I thought the rating was for the day prior?

Great, I was halfway to the golden watering can.

Oh man. :/ I dumped a bunch of stuff on the ground for my alt this morning, and my town rating went down. I thought the rating was for the day prior?

Perfect town status is calculated at 6 AM. Pick it up before then and you're fine.

Linius

You can dump as much as you want, just make sure you clean it all up before the game goes into another day at 6am. Obviously Isabelle will tell you your town is a dump during the day but that doesn't matter as long as you clean it up in time.

Perfect town status is calculated at 6 AM. Pick it up before then and you're fine.

You can dump as much as you want, just make sure you clean it all up before the game goes into another day at 6am. Obviously Isabelle will tell you your town is a dump during the day but that doesn't matter as long as you clean it up in time.
Thank God. I was sweating bullets. Thanks y'all. :)

Almost 275 hours and still such a scrub.

Koomaster

Quoting my reply to you in the last thread...

When you go to town hall and ask Isabelle does she still say your town is perfect? Because if so you haven't messed up the streak you just basically added two days to it.

The only thing that would eff up a perfect town rating for you is if you left stuff laying on the ground (like furniture, items, fruit, etc). I don't think your town would even generate enough weeds in two days to mess it up.

Yeah, never leave things laying on the ground overnight. Every morning at 6am your town gets checked to see if it's perfect. Excessive weeds, items laying out, not enough trees/flowers/pwps and it fails.

During the day your town can look however, leave items laying out whatever. Just be sure to clean things up before you shut off the game for the night. As long as things are perfect at the start of a new day, you get the perfect rating.

Elija2

It's kinda funny that I'm sorta burned out on Pokemon but still play Animal Crossing every day.

Shit, I didn't think about that. I only have 9 villagers too. I guess I ain't getting the entire creepy set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom