• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

The YOTS/backpack NBs are cheaply-made 454/456s from their Chinese factories, they aren't a patch on the Flimby/USA-made joints. Then again there is about a 3x price difference, so you get what you pay for, I suppose

I have 2 USA pairs, I think I'll be okay with a Chinese pair regarding the Backpacks.

Shoes are meant to be worn so I don't mind.

And hmm... Perhaps I'll follow Finish Line's twitter to find out about the 1s...

What other good twitter feeds should I follow for drops?

I have 2 USA pairs, I think I'll be okay with a Chinese pair regarding the Backpacks.

Shoes are meant to be worn so I don't mind.

And hmm... Perhaps I'll follow Finish Line's twitter to find out about the 1s...

What other good twitter feeds should I follow for drops?

Finishline, Eastbay, NikeStore, local Nike Stores like NikeNYC for rsvp.

so if those Backpacks aren't made in the USA, which ones are?

Usually if you go to new balance's website, they'll put a little picture in the corner of the shoe that are USA made. Alternatively, you can sort by 'Made in the USA' on the site.

As for anywhere else, I know that J. Crew's 1400s (I have 2 pairs) are made in the USA.

ryuen

Hall of Hoops in Sacramento gave away all of their guaranteed tickets for the Royal 1's 30 minutes after opening. The thirst is so real. I have 4 raffle tickets locked up so far...hopefully a couple hit so I can hook my GAF brethren out.

bjscott05

I'll see if I can snag a pair of the Royal's for someone on here too. I'm not interested since I got the retro 88's. I try not to buy too many pairs in one month lol.

ryuen

Also, if anyone is interested in the ASG pack, let me know (or reference the SneakerGAF! spreadsheet that I created) and I'll be sure to enter you in to any raffles I participate in.

Ugh...never worked so hard for a pair of shoes.

Hall of Hoops in Sacramento gave away all of their guaranteed tickets for the Royal 1's 30 minutes after opening. The thirst is so real. I have 4 raffle tickets locked up so far...hopefully a couple hit so I can hook my GAF brethren out.

I'll see if I can snag a pair of the Royal's for someone on here too. I'm not interested since I got the retro 88's. I try not to buy too many pairs in one month lol.

I'd be willing to pay extra to anybody that can get me a pair in a 10 (US).

Mr.Fresh

Added my self to the Royal list. Towards the end of the month we gotta choose 8 kicks to be the hot kicks of the month of march for the OP.

CPS2

This is the real mansion thread. One time i went in the other thread and asked if there were any good alternatives to eastbay.com. May as well have been speaking another language.

Alucrid

Banned
This is the real mansion thread. One time i went in the other thread and asked if there were any good alternatives to eastbay.com. May as well have been speaking another language.

I like to wear things that don't have sporting good logos plastered all over them.

ryuen

Added my self to the Royal list. Towards the end of the month we gotta choose 8 kicks to be the hot kicks of the month of march for the OP.

air-jordan-13-retro-white-black-varsity-red-309259-104-2013-xiii-black-toe-cdp-he-got-game-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi.jpg

nike-air-penny-v-black-atomic-teal-purple-01.jpg

Black Toe 13's and Invisible Cloak Penny V's. After that, I really might take a yearlong break from sneakerlife lol.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l468pMWwi7g/UO7wRQUUT1I/AAAAAAAAKIM/muX9pglQl6Q/s1600/air-jordan-13-retro-white-black-varsity-red-309259-104-2013-xiii-black-toe-cdp-he-got-game-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-air-penny-v-black-atomic-teal-purple-01.jpg[IMG]

Black Toe 13's and Invisible Cloak Penny V's. [B]After that, I really might take a yearlong break from sneakerlife lol.[/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck (cough)

[QUOTE][img]http://23isback.com/5grape3.jpg

Mr.Fresh

Yes now that the Last of Us is (allegedly) gonna be delayed its gonna be even easier to get the Grape 5s when they drop in may.

air-jordan-13-retro-white-black-varsity-red-309259-104-2013-xiii-black-toe-cdp-he-got-game-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi.jpg

Black Toe 13's and Invisible Cloak Penny V's. After that, I really might take a yearlong break from sneakerlife lol.

Yes I wanted to add those two too.

any of you guys got in on the finishline restock?

Last time, I bought the photo blue 9s...I really wanted the white cement 4s, though. I keep seeing on some of these forums that they're gonna restock space jams and such - if they did, i'd forgo sleep to make sure I copped.

Really liking the Penny Vs. really considering making that my bball shoe for the spring/summer since Nike dropped the ball with the Kobe's (I'm still holding out a little hope that the electric blue editions won't be as Fug as what we've gotten so far)

The Penny's in the PHx Suns and gold/black colorways are hot.

May get the grape 5s, as that's always been my favorite version of them since I was a kid.

Still on the fence about the Royal 1s, but we'll see what happens come Saturday. Also added myself to the list just in case.

I was thinking about the 1993 Air Force Max the other day (some of my childhood favorites) and today I see that they released the 2013s at some point.

Nike-Air-Force-Max-2013.jpg

between those and the retro 88s I picked up I think I should be good on this type of sneaker for a while.

Good luck (cough)
5grape3.jpg

I hate with a passion on how the grapes & the XI's are so sought after that getting one on release will be completely impossible & based solely on luck.

For the Playoff XI's, I went to 8 different shoes stores & signed up for their raffles. Didn't get a call back from any of them & missed out on them.

Went online the same day & the day-one eBay resellers were selling them for twice the price.

Anyone know a legit place to buy the New Balance X Herschel's from?

Damn... Just checked them out and I swear I will cop the 420s (I hate the 710s). As for where to get, I'd probably just check the Herschel website, New Balance website and/or other places for updates until they drop.

I love the Air Force Max but they lost me with the vac-tech upper. Should have kept it like the original. Same with how they brought back the air huarache light but with the free sole.

Ugh... they have the Backpacks in Red on the New Balance site. Sitting in my cart but I have other stuff to get this month (MGR being the main thing)...

I need to be good blah...

Edit: Removed from cart, closed tab. Whew.

I hate with a passion on how the grapes & the XI's are so sought after that getting one on release will be completely impossible & based solely on luck.

For the Playoff XI's, I went to 8 different shoes stores & signed up for their raffles. Didn't get a call back from any of them & missed out on them.

Went online the same day & the day-one eBay resellers were selling them for twice the price.

I haven't bought any shoes in forever so I'm unfamiliar with raffles...do they actually give away a pair for free?

I haven't bought any shoes in forever so I'm unfamiliar with raffles...do they actually give away a pair for free?

They no longer sell Air Jordans in store.
They have raffles a week+ before release, anyone who wants to buy one has to fill a raffle ticket & give it to a employee.
In the following week, they will call you if you won & you can come in & buy the pair.

Just to show how in demand the shoes are, when the XI & IV's were being released in the same day, I ask how many raffle tickets people came to sign up for to one Footlocker employee & he pulled out a giant generic roll of Staples tickets & said this is already the 3rd roll they went through
TczTCBf.jpg

hypernima

Banned
Damn... Just checked them out and I swear I will cop the 420s (I hate the 710s). As for where to get, I'd probably just check the Herschel website, New Balance website and/or other places for updates until they drop.

I actually want the 710s but I'm trying to justify the $ right now.

Chromax

They no longer sell Air Jordans in store.
They have raffles a week+ before release, anyone who wants to buy one has to fill a raffle ticket & give it to a employee.
In the following week, they will call you if you won & you can come in & buy the pair.

Just to show how in demand the shoes are, when the XI & IV's were being released in the same day, I ask how many raffle tickets people came to sign up for to one Footlocker employee & he pulled out a giant generic roll of Staples tickets & said this is already the 3rd roll they went through

This is heading towards Hermes Birkin level...

HoTHiTTeR

How have I missed this thread for so long!?!

UnDS'ed my LebronX Christmas', Lebron BHM and the Bred 13's this week. Really hoping to grab the Lebron ASGs, and the KDs if it's not too insane online. I've totally given up on HoH Arden Fair in Sacramento - game is rigged there to the point of ridiculousness - being a sz 13 doesn't help either.

Totally in for the Royals - I rock the Gym Greens and the Pinks more than any other shoe in my collection. Probably will come up short like I did w/ the Fighter Jets tho :( Added myself to the list regardless.

Top Bottom