• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Sack: The Youtube Retro Show Where Sega and Nintendo Fans Review Games

Good episode. Surprised they didn't mention that Tomb Raider got two different reboots, though! Well, I consider the mid 00s trilogy as their own thing, anyway.

F-Zero GX really was pushing the GCN hard. Sega did an amazing job with it. 60FPS and anamorphic widescreen with no slowdown and minimal to no pop-in. Joe is right that the widescreen would not exist if Nintendo developed this game. Nintendo never put widescreen in any of their GameCube developed games.

Surprised that they didn't put Adventures of Batman and Robin on the Genesis/ Mega Drive in earlier episodes of this.

meppi

Been a while since I checked these out as I've been busy with many other things.

This latest episode reminded me just how much I enjoy their episodes so I decided to check out their Patreon page.
Sad to see just how little support these guys get compared to certain others who easily earn up to 20 times as much.
So yeah, I just wanted to do my part.

1q6OtlU.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ohh, launch games. I've always had a weird obsession with playing full sets of launch games. Eager to watch this episode and see which ones they selected.

Great episode. However, eurgh, AlphaOmegaSin makes a brief (silent) appearance in a cutaway shot that left a bad taste. Didn't think Joe and Dave would be hanging around with fuckheads like him.

Great episode. However, eurgh, AlphaOmegaSin makes a brief (silent) appearance in a cutaway shot that left a bad taste. Didn't think Joe and Dave would be hanging around with fuckheads like him.

Ah damn it, AlphaOmegaSin is the absolute worst. Dave and Joe just seem much more goofy and genuine than that douche. Oh well. I still love Game Sack <3

Criminally underrated show. These guys need a bigger budget to kick out content.

"My Life in Gaming" and "Game Sack" are easily my favorite YouTube shows.

"Yarn turd" commentary was fantastic on this latest episode. I love that they hadn't used an Amiibo until now. "The hype is real".

entremet

They all have a site together lol. It's weird since AOS is the only idiot of that group. I do like other guys.

Happy Console Gamer is my favorite and he's best buds with him.

TLZ

Banned
MetalJesus and gamester81 are cool too imo.

I'd be OK with alpha if he didn't use the f word every millisecond.

PillarEN

They all have a site together lol. It's weird since AOS is the only idiot of that group. I do like other guys.

Happy Console Gamer is my favorite and he's best buds with him.

Which site is this? Browsing all these peoples youtube channels but I can't seem to find the connecting home site for all these various people.

Edit- Nevermind. Found. Final Bosses.

I wonder if the Gamesack guys have the same effect on cheap games mentioned on their show as Metal Jesus does, in that the prices rocket up immediately?

Jazzem

Man, crazy that there were Xbox titles that supported 720p. How random that one of them was the Terminator 3 licensed game!

XvSP

Neo Member
Man, crazy that there were Xbox titles that supported 720p. How random that one of them was the Terminator 3 licensed game!

It gets even better when titles like Soul Calibur 2 were 720p AND 60fps. And who the hell could use the 1080i feature back then o_O

Timu

I actually knew about that years ago, though I just tried some in 720p recently and it's impressive.

OK i clicked their video on hacks and I did not really like it that much.

They spent most of the time, rather then talking about interesting hacks or homebrew, ports of games to other systems and demos.

I mean, come on, you can't talk about rom hacking for Genesis without talking about Sonic Hacking, Sonic hacking is insane and some of the most impressive rom hacks in the whole scene.

Top Bottom