• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Switch Games List

Dremorak

Banned
Even if it does, 3ds+wiiu output on one console would be amazing. You're forgetting that nintendo always gets a healthy amount of japanese exclusives, and will likely get quite a few multi platforms from there too going forward. So worst case will be:

Nintendo + Japanese games + Indie machine.

Best case add a few multiplats in there too.

Lucifon

Funny since all Vita was missing was 1st party support. And cheap memory cards.

True. It sounds good for me. But not for Nintendo and that matters more to me. Competition is good and the thought of only having 2 mainline consoles isn't a good sounding future.

Listonosh

Oddly enough, the game I'm most excited to play on the Switch is Stardew Valley. For some reason, that game just doesn't sit well with me playing at my computer or on my TV for prolonged hours. As a portable game this sounds super enticing. To be honest, if Stardew Valley got ported to the 3DS, I'd probably buy that over any version in a heartbeat.

jonno394

Just fyi, someone has done a nice updated image of every game announced/leaked to be coming to Switch. 19 games in the March-Holiday that I want, another 6 or so in the 2017 column, and plenty more 2018/tba, looking good imo.

7YxeoxX.jpg

bman94

Just fyi, someone has done a nice updated image of every game announced/leaked to be coming to Switch. 19 games in the March-Holiday that I want, another 6 or so in the 2017 column, and plenty more 2018/tba, looking good imo.

God damn I got excited for a minute cause I saw the King of Fighters logo. I really wonder why Arc System Works didn't fully announce BlazBlue yet. It has to be Central Fiction since that's the new hotness why not just announce it right away?

I think Switch would be great for these markets:
Nintendo fans (obviously)
Japanese heavy Vita developers
Modern releases that's not graphics heavy (like 2D fighters, platformers, certain RPGs like South Park)
RPGs (I think RPGs will be a beast on this system like they were on 3DS)
Previous Gen ports
Indies (I think this device will be an indie powerhouse)

Console has a lot of potential. Just wish they gave us more solid release dates.

I know it fits the criteria of what is considered exclusive for Switch, but I'm just calling it now, there is no way SMT is exclusive to Switch. That's pretty obvious to me.

oti

Banned
I was wondering why there's no Lego Dimensions announced for Switch. Then I remembered that thing doesn't just have figurines like Skylanders but also a base made out of Lego that has to be active at all time, right? How could they port that to Switch?

Also, where are all the Lego game compilations?

bman94

I know it fits the criteria of what is considered exclusive for Switch, but I'm just calling it now, there is no way SMT is exclusive to Switch. That's pretty obvious to me.

...why? The last console SMT (unless you count Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which was a spin-off anyway) game was in like 04 on PS2. Don't see way suddenly the series would jump to other platforms after being on Nintendo handhelds for the last 7 years?

The switch is looking good like it's going to be my all time favorite system. Year one I get zelda, mario kart, arms, splatoon 2, mario. And I know a lot more games yet to be announced.

Oregano

...why? The last console SMT (unless you count Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which was a spin-off anyway) game was in like 04 on PS2. Don't see way suddenly the series would jump to other platforms after being on Nintendo handhelds for the last 7 years?

Are you suggesting it's going to be on PS4/XB1 or 3DS or Vita?

Doesn't it use UE4?

It will probably release on PS4 too but I don't know why people need to go around declaring it as fact this early. Especially considering the game probably isn't coming out for a few years.

Meh, I wouldn't call it obvious. Wasn't SMT IV/Apocalypse 3DS exclusive? If production value rises astronomically, I'd agree that Atlus would be stupid to not go multiplatform. Still, Nintendo could moneyhat by doing the Monster Hunter thing: Finance all marketing/localization for Western release.

GAMETA

Banned
I'd say it's not that bad for now... I just wish Xenoblade C 2 would be released on 2017-2018... if it's anything like XCX we won't be getting it until 2019-2020 :(

Are you suggesting it's going to be on PS4/XB1 or 3DS or Vita?

Doesn't it use UE4?

Franz Brötchen;228883244 said:
Meh, I wouldn't call it obvious. Wasn't SMT IV/Apocalypse 3DS exclusive? If production value rises astronomically, I'd agree that Atlus would be stupid to not go multiplatform. Still, Nintendo could moneyhat by doing the Monster Hunter thing: Finance all marketing/localization for Western release.

With the switch to Unreal Engine 4 and the lack of specified platforms on their website (3DS project and HD Project, why not say Switch project then), I think we'll definitely see it on PS4. It'll be easy to port.

Malus

I'd say it's not that bad for now... I just wish Xenoblade C 2 would be released on 2017-2018... if it's anything like XCX we won't be getting it until 2019-2020 :(

XCX didn't get delayed that much iirc. I was expecting 2019-2020 as well but the japanese 2017 release window gives me hope it'll hit here by 2018.

guek

Banned
It will probably release on PS4 too but I don't know why people need to go around declaring it as fact this early. Especially considering the game probably isn't coming out for a few years.
Er, maybe, but the SMT franchise hasn't been on a Sony console since 2003 and has been Nintendo exclusive since 2009

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

7YxeoxX.jpg

There is a 0% chance that No More Heroes, which hadn't even started pre-production when it was announced, will be released in 2018.

jonno394

There is a 0% chance that No More Heroes, which hadn't even started pre-production when it was announced, will be released in 2018.

Yeah I agree, should be in the TBA column, don't know why the image creator put it there when it hasn't even started development!

Meesh

Am I the only one that wishes there was a Bayonetta 2 port? If only to hopefully expose it to more people?

Also... while I'm not overly jazzed about the official games list I'm sure more will be reveiled in time. There's a few titles I'll buy to tide me over I'm sure....

phanphare

Banned

7YxeoxX.jpg

not bad

in for Zelda, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8 on sale, Shovel Knight
again
, maybe Rime if that looks good, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, maybe Project Sonic if that looks good, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Yooka Laylee as far as 2017 goes

Fire Emblem, No More Heroes, Project Octopath Traveler, Pokemon, and SMT beyond 2017

software for the Switch is honestly looking pretty solid as of this moment

Scoops

Banned

7YxeoxX.jpg

Nice. I'll update the list when I get the chance today or tomorrow.

TDLink

Hmm, same story as the Yooka Laylee devs. Some kind of technical difficulties are the reason why they cancelled it. I wonder what that is all about...

The "technical difficulties" are that the Wii U is a dead system and it's not worth it to release on the platform when most of its owners will probably buy a Switch anyways.

There is no other reason, whatever they say. Both of these games (and it's even more clear with Hollow Knight) could easily run on the hardware just looking at them.

Zedark

The "technical difficulties" are that the Wii U is a dead system and it's not worth it to release on the platform when most of its owners will probably buy a Switch anyways.

There is no other reason, whatever they say. Both of these games (and it's even more clear with Hollow Knight) could easily run on the hardware just looking at them.
"we could technically still release it on Wii U but it'd be difficult to find sales"

Yeah, I realise that. At first it struck me as a bit strange that both would do the exact same thing, but it is probably the easiest way of doing it: less potential backlash from WiiU owners who bought into your kickstarter if you can convince at least some of them that technical difficulties are the reason.
not bad

in for Zelda, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8 on sale, Shovel Knight
again
, maybe Rime if that looks good, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, maybe Project Sonic if that looks good, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Yooka Laylee as far as 2017 goes

Fire Emblem, No More Heroes, Project Octopath Traveler, Pokemon, and SMT beyond 2017

software for the Switch is honestly looking pretty solid as of this moment
Definitely agree with you, much better than it seemed at first. Hope this steady trickle of announcements continues throughout the year in some fashion, and that some bigger titles from third parties will be announced as well, though that doesn't seem likely at this moment.

I see some posters mentioned Skyrim is the special edition that got released a few months ago. Has that been confirmed? Since the title is just Skyrim I assumed it was just the PS360 game with some tweaks here and there.

Anyways, software for the Switch is looking good. I wanna get it in June and by that time Arms and MK8 should be out and maybe Bomberman half its price. And Breath of the Wild, of course.

phanphare

Banned
I see some posters mentioned Skyrim is the special edition that got released a few months ago. Has that been confirmed? Since the title is just Skyrim I assumed it was just the PS360 game with some tweaks here and there.

Anyways, software for the Switch is looking good. I wanna get it in June and by that time Arms and MK8 should be out and maybe Bomberman half its price. And Breath of the Wild, of course.

the footage we've seen so far suggests that it's the special edition

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334028

also I don't see any logical reason as to why it wouldn't be the special edition. they'd be better off releasing nothing if it was just the ps360 version.

With the switch to Unreal Engine 4 and the lack of specified platforms on their website (3DS project and HD Project, why not say Switch project then), I think we'll definitely see it on PS4. It'll be easy to port.

Yeah, the combination of UE4 and them not being specific on the site seems reasonably telling though Atlus does still make stuff one at a time, but I guess we'll see.

Also, Fire Emblem Warriors can be unbolded in the OP since it's also coming to 3DS now.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I don't know about Hollow Knight, but given that the Playtonic devs were specially working on the Wii U version and farmed out the other ports, I'd tend to believe them about Yooka-Laylee. They seem like pretty sincere guys, and they've worked on Nintendo hardware before (N64 days, when the dev tools weren't that great either). If you compromised it too much compared to the other versions, there'd be backlash as well.

TDLink

I don't know about Hollow Knight, but given that the Playtonic devs were specially working on the Wii U version and farmed out the other ports, I'd tend to believe them about Yooka-Laylee. They seem like pretty sincere guys, and they've worked on Nintendo hardware before (N64 days, when the dev tools weren't that great either). If you compromised it too much compared to the other versions, there'd be backlash as well.

And that belief of yours is exactly why they can do it no problem. Half don't care because they already are buying a switch/possibly even rather it be on switch so that the system they're supporting looks more attractive. The other half do care and half of them "understand" because they buy the PR lie. Leaving only a small amount of people genuinely disgruntled.

Nothing they've shown for Yooka-Laylee looks like something the Wii U can't handle. Playtonic are big Nintendo fans, that doesn't mean they wouldn't swap "their" version to the Switch because they knew the Wii U one wouldn't sell.

deleted

Oh, Tetris is hitting May? I thought it was earlier for some reason.

So far it's:
Zelda (duh)
maybe SnipperClips, maybe Bomberman R depending on price and region

then Mario Kart in April with another set of JoyCons or another Pro Controller, depending on what I like more
and then Tetris on May 2nd

That's more than okay for 2 month for me. After that, I have no idea what exactly I'll get til Mario launches. I'll decide, when stuff moves in closer...

Mister Wolf

I hate when people say Xenoblade 2 wont make the 2017 release schedule. How often is Nintendo wrong about their own products release date?

Top Bottom