• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Sack: The Youtube Retro Show Where Sega and Nintendo Fans Review Games

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
These guys are making an appearance at a local gaming show in June (Too Many Games in Philly). Their appearance is the main reason I'm going (like Retronauts last year).

I think they just celebrated a big YouTube milestone, didn't they? Good on them. Great show.

I live fairly close (2.5h away) to Philly and when I herd about Too Many Games I decided I'm gonna definitely have to make it - AVGN, Descendents of Erdrick and Game Sack! Sounds like a blast...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Had no idea we had a thread for Game Sack, kind of crazy it has such little activity, given all the talk i see about it in all the retro threads.

Either way, fantastic series, and hey, dug this episode quite a bit. I think repros have their place, but i understand that they are very much a double-edged sword.

Well, the thread does tend to get updated at ungodly weekend hours.

Mercutio

Holy F, I just checked prices on eBay for the Sapphire PC Engine Repro. People are selling very clearly advertised Care4Data boots for over $150 now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I came across their channel a couple months ago when my Youtube had something running and I guess it was a related video that auto played itself. Been watching every since and went through all of their old shows as well. Really makes me want to play older games when I watch, and I enjoy checking out a bunch of games that I've never even heard of.

Seems weird to bring up the Sega 3D Classics, then dismiss the fact that there actually is a physical release just because it was only released in Japan.

Great idea for an episode though!

Love these guys, might end up going to the To Many Games and buy a shirt of them or something. Didn't even know Philly had an game expo or whatever.

That Phil Fish snipe was unnecessary and mean spirited. Dave probably doesn't know that the guy pretty much got harassed out of the industry.

Dremark

Banned
Seems weird to bring up the Sega 3D Classics, then dismiss the fact that there actually is a physical release just because it was only released in Japan.

Considering how import friendly they are it's probably dismissed because the 3DS is region locked.

HA! Those Game Sackers are wrong. Shovel Knight is getting a physical release.

But it's not out yet, so wouldn't that make them even more right?

GWX

I love their videos when they're about retro stuff, but when they're about recent stuff, they tend to get a bit on my nerves. The biggest offender for me will always be when they talked about Sin and Punishment 2: it's a miracle we actually got that game, localized even, and they actually said it should have been released on the HD consoles of the time, as it was wasted on the platform of choice. I never cringed so much at a comment such as that one :(

NIN90

I love these guys when they play retro games but, yeah, when they play recent stuff they can be grating. I remember when one of them played Vanquish and he said that it was merely an okay shooter but NEVER mentioned the slide (you know, the feature that completely changes how the game is played) or showed it in the video footage.

Deft Beck

I love their videos when they're about retro stuff, but when they're about recent stuff, they tend to get a bit on my nerves. The biggest offender for me will always be when they talked about Sin and Punishment 2: it's a miracle we actually got that game, localized even, and they actually said it should have been released on the HD consoles of the time, as it was wasted on the platform of choice. I never cringed so much at a comment such as that one :(

Judging by their comment, it seems like they missed the reason why the game was made in the first place.

I do like this channel, but they are not always on the mark.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Judging by their comment, it seems like they missed the reason why the game was made in the first place.

I do like this channel, but they are not always on the mark.
Why was it made in the first place? I'm not clear on that either.

kunonabi

Yeah, the more I watch the channel the more I've noticed they do the same "I'm too cool for the Wii" shit that gamers started spewing to prove their e-cred. Even Classic Game Room has started doing that crap.

Timu

I had no idea that Hard Corps Uprising has a health bar!!!

Should had paid attention to the game more, lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The latest one was a great episode! There are tons of game compilation titles, but too bad most are 2 gens old. I still have mine (and still plan on buying a couple more) but it would be nice to see some new ones pop up! That Rare one from E3 got insta-preordered from me :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The latest one was a great episode! There are tons of game compilation titles, but too bad most are 2 gens old. I still have mine (and still plan on buying a couple more) but it would be nice to see some new ones pop up! That Rare one from E3 got insta-preordered from me :)

Digital Distribution really did kind of kill this practice off.

fvng

I like game sack but their writing feels like a 12 year old me writing a shit essay.

I can't pinpoint why though, someone lend me a hand

Top Bottom