• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube's 'DaddyOFive' couple charged with child neglect

Media

What's just as disgusting to me is all the people kissing their asses in there Twitter. Fuck everyone of those assholes.

Reeks

They are definately sadists, or something worse...whatever it is. It's honestly the only explanation. They get a kick out of it.

Here is the original thread when the story broke out for those who care take a peek.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362093

Sometimes in abusive households, one or two children are singled out. I read a lot of true crime and have come across a few stories when a child dies of abuse where the parents or parent exhibit similar behavior (enlist members of the family to join in, enjoy the spectacle, multiple breaks in bones of child and over time, etc). Lock these fucks up.

Hope Cody gets placed with people who will love him like he deserves.

Cuburt

Seemed like it was more than just neglect. In fact, "neglect" seemed like it would have been harder to prove since the kids were in a nice home and basically being bought off with toys due to the parents YouTube money, but I guess that's the justice system.

It's good the parents were held accountable, but the last sentence in the article seems like a reminder that there are no for sure happy endings here. I just hope those kids are in a better position yo be taken care off.

The abused child cries for help and desperately asks his father why he abuses him in one video. "Why are you doing these things to me?" When given context, and seeing how the father can't see the reality of his deranged play it is easy to see the abuse. The mother and father did absolute damage control, and it's crazy to see that they never own up to their actions.

noquarter

Sometimes in abusive households, one or two children are singled out. I read a lot of true crime and have come across a few stories when a child dies of abuse where the parents or parent exhibit similar behavior (enlist members of the family to join in, enjoy the spectacle, multiple breaks in bones of child and over time, etc). Lock these fucks up.

Hope Cody gets placed with people who will love him like he deserves.
According to this article posted in May, Cody and Emma (the girl) are with their biological mother. Apparently she lost custody to the POS in the videos, so hopefully Cody and Emma are doing much better.

Kintaco

Hope they confiscated their computers so they can see the videos pre-editing. I'm sure they edited out some of the worst bits.

What's with the idiots on Twitter going on and on about how they "love" this guy?

Team do5 til i die

We love you we always be there for you

We all love you from our heart and dearly

Daddyofive mommyofive you guys have so many people that love you dearly and care for you so much allowed to give you moral support

What is this shit? Christ, smfh. Sucker born every minute, I guess.

Jombie

It's comforting that so many people take pleasure from watching children becoming emotionally scarred for life.

Fuck all these youtube celebrities.

I hope Cody and Emma are in a better, loving place now.
I have nothing good to say about their so-called dad and stepmom. Bring on the charges.

Too dark. Couldn't get all the way through it. Stopped when the little girl cried "I'm just a child" and the dad laughed and made a funny face at the camera.

I do think that a disturbing portion of the "funny" videos on YouTube or Reddit involve child or animal abuse, and if you point it out you get downvoted or criticized massively because people are very protective of their guilt-free lulz.

Bakercat

As someone who was abused physically, emotionally, verbally, and many other ways, I just feel empty watching this. I have seen and felt all of the abuse in the video. My mind sort of turned off like when it happened to me as a child. I never got over the abuse and still deal with its effects to this day. I'm so sad to see these kids go through this. When that little girl cried about her drawing I died a little on the inside. I hope the kids truly get the help they need.

What the fuck is wrong with those cunts in the twitter comments giving well wishes and support messages? A quick browse over them seems like a lot of parents, crazy cunts.

There's a lot of people will do damn near anything for money or fame on Youtube and in general. Those assholes are yet another example of that.

Good. I was afraid that after the initial outrage died down, we wouldn't hear anything anymore, and more importantly, nothing would happen.

What are those posts:
These are, mostly, children.
This is not a defense, it's an explanation. Many children seem to lack the ability to emphasize here, living good lives, they can't grasp how terrible this is for the victims.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Good. I was afraid that after the initial outrage died down, we wouldn't hear anything anymore, and more importantly, nothing would happen.

These are, mostly, children.
This is not a defense, it's an explanation. Many children seem to lack the ability to emphasize here, living good lives, they can't grasp how terrible this is for the victims.
Uh, a kid with a kid?

Although I guess being a child ain't a number anymore these days given certain behaviour.

EDIT: it's late --- why am I correcting figure of speech

What's with the idiots on Twitter going on and on about how they "love" this guy?

What is this shit? Christ, smfh. Sucker born every minute, I guess.
Yeah I was looking at he comments and thought the same thing.

I think I preferred the world without social media. It was easier to pretend that a majority of the planet aren't fucking morons. Now they broadcast it.

A lot of them seem to be single moms though.

Well, I just meant that when I looked through their defenders initially, a huge chunk were literal children.
But yeah, more than enough figurative children out there as well.
I really wonder why adults would enjoy this.

Maybe it's like oti said.
Maybe they actually hate kids.
Idk.

I felt good about the article initially, but now the existence of the whole thing is just depressing again.

Hesh

Truly abhorrent behavior by those parents. It's also very worrying the amount of sycophants they've enlisted to pledge their support for them across social media. I had no idea that child abuse was a big hit on Youtube, but given the lax quality control on Youtube (I guess the robots can't decipher child abuse as well as they can match audio to copyrighted music) along with the sad fact that an increasing number of deplorable people access the internet each day it makes sense in a bleak way that those same pieces of human garbage would marvel at the chance to watch their sickest fantasies play out for free to strangers that they can watch on the internet.

Big Nikus

https://twitter.com/MikeMartin1982/status/897194178828009472

Oh my god, fuck this guy. I cannot stop cringing.

Wait this fucker still has a Youtube channel, making videos with his awful wife almost every day ??
How do these fucks still have a following, and how are they still allowed to put content up on the platform ? WTF Youtube
It's on the channel "Mommyofive" now, even though they don't have five kids anymore because hey they were condemned for treating their children horribly.
Goddammit.

The comments from their supporters are far more terrifying to me. How can you actually watch one of their videos and think what is happening is okay, and funny? The first little bit I ever watched I felt sick to my stomach. I guess there is just a lot of fucked up people out there.

F!ReW!Re

Holy fuck I couldn't finish that video.

Like laughing at your kids when they are in pain or embarrassed or when they need protecting.
That youngest kid and the girl getting all that shit from the older ones.....
Piece of trash parents.

Hope the kids get put into a proper family who can give them love and support, not use them for fucking views on a youtube channel....

This video makes me sick to my stomach.

The worst moment for me is the little girl, peacefully listening to music and drawing something from her tablet, ruined by her brother being egged on to blast her with water, ruining the drawing and probably the tablet too.

The psychological damage to these kids is unbelievable. So sad.

Yeah that was the part where I noped out...
The dad was even laughing at her and shouting: "are you kidding me?"

Parenting Style A:
Child idea to film prank
'Push me into a bookcase and destroy my Xbox'
Child gets pushed into bookcase hard enough to make him bleed
Mocks child for crying

Parenting Style B:
Child idea to film prank
No
'Push me into a bookcase and destroy my Xbox'
No

Its not hard to understand. There's no 'it was their idea.' Fucking Hell, people pretend not to be so good at sports to let their children win and these guys excuse for harming one of their children is 'they told me to do it.' You're a fucking adult. Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom