• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol someone two posts above you did but oh well. I guess he didn't use the correct format though.

Oh no. I feel bad now - and I have already gone ahead and made the thread too.

I actually looked through the last two pages, and did not notice it above at all. Must be the formatting that made me miss it :/

Sorry Criminal Upper!

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i just came in to chime that my girlfriend will be relocating to Vancouver for a few months for work. i won't be able to follow her due to some serious health issues on my end. no, she isn't in the game industry, and while i'd like you guys to take her out and show her a good time, to me that would mean a childrens movie and possibly one of those japadogs.

you have delicious food and gorgeous vistas, but your distance from NYC is just awful. why can't you be closer, like New Jersey? can i propose a trade, and if so how would that work?

that is all. i'm now drunk off dark chocolate Ensures. weee...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i just came in to chime that my girlfriend will be relocating to Vancouver for a few months for work. i won't be able to follow her due to some serious health issues on my end. no, she isn't in the game industry, and while i'd like you guys to take her out and show her a good time, to me that would mean a childrens movie and possibly one of those japadogs.

you have delicious food and gorgeous vistas, but your distance from NYC is just awful. why can't you be closer, like New Jersey? can i propose a trade, and if so how would that work?

Uh, is that so...

Radec

Drunk Thread?

Nemesis_

Where Nemesis go? He hasn't updated in 2 months.

I've been studying for the GAMSAT which took up a lot of my life. I am going to get on to this.

I'm going to be honest though - the lack of input from people regarding what I should do with the "archives" has been a bit offputting and has demotivated me.

I'll probably get onto updating this all tonight though - but I still need to know what to do with previous months entries. I've got them saved in a Notepad but not even one mod has chimed in :(

Nemesis_

So it took me about two and a half hours but we're finally up to date again.

Sorry about that guys.

I'm keeping the archive on my computer either way, so if Search does ever go down I could always post them up. I could always post up one topic per month, which would obviously drop to the bottom of the Community forum and then the only way it would be found is by me linking to said archives in this OT.

Is that doable or would that be polluting the boards unnecessarily?

I just think some of this "work" in the OTs should be preserved especially if Search ever has to go down again (to be honest I did not know that Search was back up lol)

I've also added a HOW TO section so that people can easily copy and paste my code to claim an OT.

It's nice to see other people also want this thread to get a bit more exposure. I get really annoyed when an OT has been claimed and yet someone puts on up and essentially cuts them off. I think it's a bit shit when that happens so if this thread was moved around a bit more, maybe others could see.

The reason I've done this is because I don't think any of you realise how immensely helpful it is to stay on top of things if the proper formatting is done. It's literally a case of copy and paste rather than me editing the entries. I thank most of you for your compliance :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks for putting my requests in Nemesis even though I didn't format them properly, if I make an OT again I'll make sure they're in the right format. :)

3N16MA

Banned
Is there any rule or guideline for claiming OTs? We could have Gaffers claiming OTs for films that are not going to be released for 9 months (The Hobbit). Would be nice to have a guideline so OTs are not claimed too early in advance.

frontieruk

Is there any rule or guideline for claiming OTs? We could have Gaffers claiming OTs for films that are not going to be released for 9 months (The Hobbit). Would be nice to have a guideline so OTs are not claimed too early in advance.

There's an issue with that though, games can be announced over a year in advance, and a game will require continued support ie dlc and patches, so generally here people who claim OT's will still be around to support them when they launch, moving the claiming period closer to the launch will most likely cause more issues than it resolves I'd imagine, as people would be more inclined to think its a small time investment for some GAF recognition, but if you look at OT's like Halo 3, Skyrim even battlefield 3 the support for the OT continues way after the launch with news of patches and DLC being added, so I'd prefer if it was picked up early as it's someone who is probably either in the community if a sequel or a fan of the developers so more likely to maintain the OT. For example :-

I noticed GhaleonEB nabbed Halo 4 back in November last year for example http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32720530&postcount=50) and they discussed the whole issue back then and I'd agree with the sentiment if its announced it can be claimed.

I could arbitrarily set limits but I would rather hear what the community wants.

If you set an arbitrary limit for claiming a thread you increase the work needed to check/maintain the list, film releases would need to be monitored, sports events etc. If its announced allow it to be claimed.

3N16MA

Banned
The Avengers by 3N16MA (25th March 2012)

I think for film/TV show OTs a 1 month claim in advance would work well as these OTs do not require much updating like gaming OTs other than initial reviews. Most of them also do not require as much work.

Calling dibs for the two epic mickey games Official Thread.
For what i have read seems the realease date is around september of this year.

However if theres some kind of limit of when to call dibs I will gladly wait.

Cystm

Calling dibs for the two epic mickey games Official Thread.
For what i have read seems the realease date is around september of this year.

However if theres some kind of limit of when to call dibs I will gladly wait.

Will you gladly read the OP and help him out by adhering to the format to claim an OT?

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II by Kulock (29th March 2012)

I was originally set to make the Episode 1 OT, but due to some confusion someone else ended up posting theirs first. Probably ended up for the best considering how Episode 1 turned out.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
In the happening of me being upgraded to a member prior to E3, I was thinking that some kind of repository of links to E3 partners, exhibitors etc., as a general info thread, could be of interest.

Threads for the media briefings of Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony have already been claimed as the following though:

I was thinking that of something like an FAQ/Index thread of the expo and its sector could be nice, with these categories:

• About E3/Generic Info
  • E3 2012 Show Hours
  • Exhibitors List
  • Floor Plans
  • Links to popular news outlets (GameTrailers, Gamasutra, MCV etc.)
  • Links to the threads for the media briefings
Whether it would be text based or graphics based, or a combination of both, I don't know, I can do all varieties. Now, seeing as I don't know how my member status will look closer to E3, I will claim this tentatively and I would appreciate feedback on this, if the other threads mentioned will suffice there is no point in creating something like I'm suggesting here.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ by Rösti (29th March 2012)

xxczx

Might as well do this now. I hope it comes because it'll be my first OT!

Grand Knights History by prowler_ (29th March 2012)

Edit: And just to be clear from the posts below me, the game has been announced for localization, we just don't know when we are getting it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

frontieruk

Did I miss something? When was MH3G officially announced for release outside Japan? Because it already has a Japanese OT.

This is getting silly, claiming OTs before the games are even announced! I know it's been hinted but nothing has been made official I believe.

then this claim is invalid and he'll have to try again, Perhaps the initial claim for an OT needs to be made in the games launch announcement thread? then that post linked here rather than laying claim here?

Did I miss something? When was MH3G officially announced for release outside Japan? Because it already has a Japanese OT.

This is getting silly, claiming OTs before the games are even announced! I know it's been hinted but nothing has been made official I believe.
I can see your point, but I think you are exaggerating.

Anywayz, mods can decide on this matter. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll and I discussed this case.

Here was our conclusion:
- It's okay for Sammy to make the MH3G thread should it be localized
- We're not theoretically opposed to people expressing interest in games that haven't been locked down but that do exist. We would be opposed to someone saying something like "I'm doing the OT for the next 5 Nomura games!!!"
- The primary purpose of this thread is about collaboration--working together to make OTs so that people interested in a game have a place to discuss it--rather than exclusion or claiming. It's about coordination. People aren't attaching their names to games to get exclusive rights over a fiefdom or anything like that, it's to avoid duplication of effort.
- In general we'd encourage anyone making an OT to incorporate input from others who are also interested in making an OT. No one should feel as though they are "more entitled to make an OT".
- Shiny Happy People.

Edit:
<duckroll> i think its best if we have a situation where everyone is just happy with having a place to chat, and not try to study every little thing as a mod decision

Tizoc

Is anyone considering making threads for:
Atomic Robo comic book series and
Megaman comics series by Archie?

I'm thinking of making those but the thing is, there might not be a lot of activity in them during some periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom