• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no kuni 2 Delayed to March 23

sublimit

Banned
Bandai Namco and Level-5 have delayed Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom from its previously planned January 19, 2018 release date to March 23.

Find a statement from Level-5 president and CEO Akihiro Hino below.

”As you all know Level-5 is committed to delivering the highest levels of design and quality in each of our video game titles. The development of our latest project Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is coming along very well and we can't wait to share this new adventure with you our fans. In an effort to constantly innovate and bring new experiences to players, we've also implemented new modes in Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom including the new Skirmish and Kingdom Modes which will surly delight players.

However with innovation and new ideas come the need to ensure everything works together in a fun and cohesive package. This means we'll need a bit more time to make sure the entire Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom experience meets Level-5 and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.'s high quality standards. So today I would like to ask for everyone's patience as we move Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom's worldwide release date to 23rd March, 2018 for the PlayStation 4 and PC. We will be sharing more news about Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom in the coming weeks and months as we move closer to our new launch date. On behalf of everyone at Level-5, I want to thank you all for your patience and continued support."
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-delayed-march-23

New trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESsbvA2bcoI

Normally against all delays, but I know I am going to be glued to this game for a while, so I am okay with it. Gives me a bit of time to knock out that post-Crimmus onslaught of games to play.

blackjon24

very happy about this. The game was going to get demolished in January. May not be better in march lol but at least i won't have to buy like 4 games that week

sublimit

Banned
when will they release the first one for ps4?

I think the first game is one of those games that graphically will always hold up and doesn't really need a remaster.I replayed it this summer and it still looked as great as when it came out.

Shouta

Disappointing but considering Level 5 aren't exactly wizards when it comes to really making their gameplay engaging and satisfying, this is a pretty good choice.

I think the first game is one of those games that graphically will always hold up and doesn't really need a remaster.I replayed it this summer and it still looked as great as when it came out.

But not everyone who owns a PS4 has a PS3. While I agree it doesn't need a remaster, a current gen port would be cool for people who never got to play it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Disappointing but considering Level 5 aren't exactly wizards when it comes to really making their gameplay engaging and satisfying, this is a pretty good choice.

I keep buying their games and hoping one will grab me like Dark Cloud 2 did, but it never happens. Have this one pre-ordered as well. Hopefully it'll be better than the first at the very least.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Thank god for this cuz i can't see myself buying and playing this game in january. I still need to finish Nioh and its DLCs, not to mention a few other games i still haven't bought (or bought but never played) - and i'm not talking about AAA games to which i've very little interest this year cuz most of them are junk or simply not my cup of tea.

Elios83

No :/ It was a perfect release date.
Still it's not a big delay and if it makes the game better at launch it's for the best.

BANGS

Banned

I wasn't asking for a remaster, I was asking for a release lol. I'm not gonna buy a last gen console, I'd rather pay for a PS4 version...

sublimit

Banned
But not everyone who owns a PS4 has a PS3. While I agree it doesn't need a remaster, a current gen port would be cool for people who never got to play it.

You're right my bad. Sometimes i forget and assume that everyone who has a PS4 also has a PS3.

I wasn't asking for a remaster, I was asking for a release lol. I'm not gonna buy a last gen console, I'd rather pay for a PS4 version...

Yeah i mistakenly assumed you also have a PS3.My bad. Still i think everyone can find a PS3 for pretty cheap these days and besides Ni no kuni PS3 also has many other platform-exclusive titles that they are worth playing.

BANGS

Banned
Still i think everyone can find a PS3 for pretty cheap these days and besides Ni no kuni PS3 also has many other platform-exclusive titles that they are worth playing.

While I imagine all this is true, fact is I don't want another console. I have 4 that I play very often, and my laptop, that's enough lol. Any more would be too cluttered, and I see no reason why publishers can't just port these games or why Sony can't just make them backwards compatible. It's such a shame, they're losing money. Even if I did pick up a used PS3 and the game, nobody but the used game seller would see any of that money. But a new release would certainly get my coin all the way up the ladder...

Pejo

I renamed January "Monster Huntuary" anyways, so this is probably a good thing. I'll pick it up for sure in March.

I'm kinda happy about this, I haven't had a chance to pre-order yet, I know I have a backlog of stuff to play (I bet you do too... yes you reading this) and I still wanna pickup Assassin's Creed Origins and maybe Gran Turismo over boxing day. If it makes the finished project more finished, I'm for it.

DryvBy

I need a delay on all RPGs right now. I have a huge back catalog with them. I could be an adult and not buy so many games, but meh.

sublimit

Banned
im out. cant support this

Come on man.If you ever seriously considered buying this game you shouldn't let something like this affect your interest in this game. Especially since this is not some huge AAA blockbuster like Destiny or CoD but a comparatively small and niche game that needs all the sales it can get.

sublimit

Banned
the chibi mode is a mistake. They didn't pull this non sense with ni no kuni 1 why bring it here

Eh i like the chibi style. Never really understood why so many people hate it tbh. In World of FF it was my favorite of the two character styles.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This angers me greatly. But in the end it may mean a more complete result. Time to cancel my PS4 copy and pre-order the PC version. I'll be on MHW till this comes out.

blackjon24

Eh i like the chibi style. Never really understood why so many people hate it tbh. In World of FF it was my favorite of the two character styles.

Takes me out of it. Its the only reason I skipped world of ff and I'm sure its the same for many other people. How else can you explain a game with characters like cloud, sephiroth and sora selling so low

Top Bottom