• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The way the show ended up made it look like he had no clue about martial arts, despite playing the world's best martial artist in theory.
Apparently he really did work for months to prepare for the role, but the actual filming was rushed and the fights weren't well choreographed or prepared for because of it.

I've seen someone say one fight they had only twenty minutes to rehearse before.
Either way, he was not convincing as Iron Fist, nor was he a very charismatic lead.

Who, iron fist?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
giphy.gif

If Scott Buck is gone I'll give it a go, if he's back then fuck this.

Apt101

So is he going to actually be Iron Fist, or still losing his power, gaining it for a fleeting second here and there, and wondering who he is while wearing a tailored suit?

Just, no. This show was so bad, cut your losses Marvel and Netflix and focus your energies elsewhere.

Anung

Un Rama
Fire Finn Jones, Hire Scott Adkins.

Failing that make Finn Jones wear the goddamn Iron Fist costume because A) it looks cool and B) it hides actual competent martial artists you should hire for the fights.

Also more Misty and Coleen.

Deepwater

Failing that make Finn Jones wear the goddamn Iron Fist costume because A) it looks cool and B) it hides actual competent martial artists you should hire for the fights.

it's really confusing that the wachowski sisters made the Matrix cast do more martial art training for 136 minutes of film in 1999 than Marvel is willing to do for 600+ minutes of TV

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
it's really confusing that the wachowski sisters made the Matrix cast do more martial art training for 136 minutes of film in 1999 than Marvel is willing to do for 600+ minutes of TV

It's Scott Buck. Taking shortcuts and half assing stuff is his game.

Qvoth

hard to be hyped about this considering even shows like into the badlands have better fight scenes than iron fist s1

Cuburt

Failing that make Finn Jones wear the goddamn Iron Fist costume because A) it looks cool and Finn Jones looks like a soft chumpand B) it hides actual competent martial artists you should hire for the fights.

FTFY

They even have an in-universe explanation for his mask because he can just steal the idea from Matt's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FTFY

They even have an in-universe explanation for his mask because he can just steal the idea from Matt's.

or, you know... from the fucking IRON FIST he saw in the black and white video ;_;

Ezalc

They should recast Misty as well for this, really didn't like the actress they got now and get a new writer for her too because holy shit I think she has the worst dialogue in any of the current marvel shows.

Like if you're fucking insistent on ruining my favorite comic character you can at least get somebody who knows how to fight a little bit so it's not a total dumpster fire.

I don't think Finn Jones even knows how to throw a punch.

jph139

I think there's enough there to make a decent second season.

Drop the Hand 100% and shift to Davos as the bad guy. The audience is already on his side (because we're aware that Danny is a shitty Iron Fist who abandoned his friends and his duty and deserves an ass whooping), so it'll make for an interesting dynamic.

Have Danny get the shit beaten out of him over and over again until he learns his lesson. Old Danny is a "good dude" but also a self-righteous, condescending, bullheaded dick. He absolutely needs to be taken down a peg and learn some humility. I think Finn Jones can make a good Danny Rand, but the material makes him insufferable, and that exacerbates the actor's natural sort of... obnoxiousness. I think a good director could channel that into a good character.

Frankly I have no idea what to do with the Meachums at this point. Or Colleen.

And of course completely restock the writer's room and producers and everyone. Just a completely new creative team. Destroy everything from the first season, piece by piece, and try to build something from the rubble.

That's the least of this show's problems. I'd rather have a scrawny guy without Scott Buck than a buffed one with him.

It can be the best script treatment and doctoring in history and I'll never be able to believe that 125 Lbs of skin and bone Finn Jones is a martial arts badass prodigy who can at least tag Shang Chi a few times.

He's a freaking twig. He's not believable. I don't need him to be an NFL linebacker but not a damn stick.

LotusHD

Banned
It can be the best script treatment and doctoring in history and I'll never be able to believe that 125 Lbs of skin and bone Finn Jones is a martial arts badass prodigy who can at least tag Shang Chi a few times.

He's a freaking twig. He's not believable. I don't need him to be an NFL linebacker but not a damn stick.

The guy was right there...

C68mC5_WkAAUNOw.jpg

willing to give finn a pass until i at least see how he does in defenders.

That's fair. I feel like he's reaching this stage for a lot of people though lol

1324596542030_7713053.png

Top Bottom