• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DCEU slate revealed at Comic Con

Ponn

Banned
I'm looking at this list and i'm not seeing much synergy. The main problem with the DCEU is that they don't seem well thought out or connected. Maybe the Flashpoint is possibly to reboot but when does it come out then because they would need to do that quick. First it was Zack Snyder in charge, then Nolan on consulting, then Ben Affleck started getting involved and then Geoff Johns was suddenly in charge. Is anybody really in charge at this point corralling all of this mess?? They need a solid show runner in charge of shit like Feige for Marvel. I'm not sure Geoff Johns is up to it, he should be behind trying to coordinate a cohesive overall story arc between the movies and consulting on each individual script but they desperately need someone good in charge of getting these movies in line.

Alienous

I feel like Flashpoint only works off of the back of really strong versions of the characters.

But fuck it, they did Death of Superman already.

Is Flashpoint really meant to reboot the universe or are people just joking?

Legit question because I didn't know what Flashpoint was into I stumbled into this thread and I don't follow WB's crazy plans.
Flashpoint is a AU story. When it's finished most things will be the same. Not sure why people think we'll see a new Bats/Sup

If Flashpoint is actually subtitled "The Apology" or "We're Sorry, DC Fans" I will forgive WB for every bad thing they've ever done.

The subtitle will be: "Damn it, Barry!"

Anyhow as I posted in the other thread on this Jeffery Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Bats?

Please keep that casting!!

77892b039a3476a4dc2ae82ba407e17b.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is Flashpoint really meant to reboot the universe or are people just joking?

Legit question because I didn't know what Flashpoint was into I stumbled into this thread and I don't follow WB's crazy plans.

So, like, The Flash tries to go back in time to save his mother from dying, but in doing that, he pretty much causes the world to go to shit. Batman is now Thomas Wayne because Bruce died, Superman was found by the government and kept underground so he can't use his powers since he has never seen the sun, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are in a war that's destroying Earth, and Flash never existed since his mother never died.

If they go by what happens in Flashpoint, they probably can't reboot it, but they could take the whole idea of Flash changing everything and use that as a reboot, without all the war and skinny underground Superman stuff.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Flashpoint is a AU story. When it's finished most things will be the same. Not sure why people think we'll see a new Bats/Sup

Because recent insider reports suggest Warner Brothers are already trying to push Ben Affleck out of the role. Plus, I imagine the studio will be looking to replace Henry Cavill soon, especially given that audiences haven't really taken to him.

FeD.nL

I feel like Flashpoint only works off of the back of really strong versions of the characters.

But fuck it, they did Death of Superman already.

Basically for a Flashpoint film Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have to be done well in previously established material. They're one out of three on those.

Because recent insider reports suggest Warner Brothers are already trying to push Ben Affleck out of the role. Plus, I imagine the studio will be looking to replace Henry Cavill soon, especially given that audiences haven't really taken to him.

Sucks that an actor might be getting canned due to shit scripts. Really not his fault Supes is essentially Ultraman in the DCEU.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I reaaaaally love affleck as batman.

Sad if we won't get at least one batman movie with him.. oh well

inky

They stopped pretending Cyborg standalone had any future. Totally called that. Neat.

Well, not "neat", but come on, who did they think they were fooling.

Betty

Banned
So... I'm guessing Gal stays, Flash too & Aquaman, but Bats and Supes maybe get recasted?

Never read flashpoint.

I don't know about Supes but there's already been strong talk of replacing Batfleck and this would be the perfect way to do it.

But doesn't The Batman movie with Affleck come after this? 🤔

Fury451

Banned
FLASHPOINT???!!?!

How else can they reset/recast?

Genius.

It's cute they think Justice League Dark will ever come out.

please quote this post in the future when it not only comes out, but becomes the best movie in the DCEU and makes $2 billion in a month

I hope the GLC is actually the first movie in the new universe, giving us a foothold before Flashpoint really brings the whole thing over, otherwise what's the point? And then there's the question of WW. Will her movies not be Canon anymore? And will Suicide be a direct sequel or a reboot? Will the only things that change be Batman and Superman ? What a fucking mess that would be.

This is too easy to fuck up for them not to. Color me worried.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Except now they're gonna look like idiots if Black Panther does well.

People came out of CIvil War loving Black Panther, I guess it all depends on what his reception is like in JL. I'm not expecting there to be more love, honestly/

Pluto

Hot off the live nerdblog:

SHAZAM

GREEN LANTERN CORPS

WONDER WOMAN 2

FLASHPOINT

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

THE BATMAN

SUICIDE SQUAD 2

BATGIRL

NIGHTWING
So two movies that aren't directly connected to the ones they've done so far, a sequel to the one movie that was actually good and then the Flashpoint reboot. Not a bad plan.

Fury451

Banned
This can’t be the entire slate, right? So much shit was dropped. Wasn’t Justice League supposed to have a Part 2?

There's no shame in mourning the loss of the Cyborg movie.

Also they're probably retooling their slate to save it from becoming the mediocre trash fire it was on the path to being before Wonder Woman. Flashpoint is a brilliant way to do that, and probably the only reason they would do it so soon.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
No Man of Steel 2 and no Justice League 2 on the slate is very interesting. WB not expecting JL to hit? Clearly Flashpoint will wrap up the Darkseid storyline and serve as a soft reboot/course correction for the DCEU, which will end up being a lot more Bat-focused.

plushyp

What if the Flashpoint movie is simply a Flash film just borrowing the title and has nothing to do with the 2011 reboot event? Too early to jump to conclusions.

Dalek

What if the Flashpoint movie is simply a Flash film just borrowing the title and has nothing to do with the 2011 reboot event? Too early to jump to conclusions.

It's too good of an opportunity to not fix the problems that I'm sure they know realized they painted themselves into a corner with with BvS and SS.

Top Bottom