• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the "Fusion" stuff; genesis pulled up this:

Consumer Advice
Mild science fiction violence and coarse language

Sentient and Vault:
Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game

Could it be related to the "Fuzion Frenzy" franchise? Sounds like XBLA stuff personally, although the mild science fiction violence has me a tad confused...

LQX

I really think some of you are full of shit. Who has really looked to MS for first party exclusives? MS has been basically churning out the same first party exclusives for like 4 years. To now say you will give up on the system because there are not enough first party exclusives is nonsense when they have been doing this for years. If anything Kinect is boosting there output of first party games which may be a good thing as the games may also use the standard controller.

Dissonance said:
Well, at least it looks better than last year's conference.

Does it?
Yeah. Last years conference was a bunch of announced games (CoD, Halo: Reach, Gears 3) + Kinect launch line-up (which was mostly revealed the day before). This year, they'll similarly demonstrate announced titles (CoD, Gears 3, Forza 4) but the Kinect games should at least be a lot more interesting, and there is still a bunch of studios working on games that we don't know anything about.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
InaudibleWhispa said:
I have no idea. Kinect Googly Eyes, Kinect Fun Lab and Kinect Me sound more like services/feature to me rather than unique games.
That's quite possible.

My comment was more of a joke about Rare's character design.

KAL2006

Banned
LQX said:
I really think some of you are full of shit. Who has really looked to MS for first party exclusives? MS has been basically churning out the same first party exclusives for like 4 years. To now say you will give up on the system because there are not enough first party exclusives is nonsense when they have been doing this for years. If anything Kinect is boosting there output of first party games which may be a good thing as the games may also use the standard controller.

MS first party lineup for this year so far has been nothing and they have Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 coming this year

Sony first party line up so far this year are LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, DC Universe, SOCOM 4, MotorStorm Apocalypse and they have inFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Twisted MEtal, Ratchet upcoming.

It really shows how bad MS have gotten with 1st party games as they use to be good with exclusives like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Blue dragon, Lost Odyssey and etc. But it seems MS has given up on publishing as many hardcore games as they used to.

KAL2006 said:
It really shows how bad MS have gotten with 1st party games as they use to be good with exclusives like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Blue dragon, Lost Odyssey and etc. But it seems MS has given up on publishing as many hardcore games as they used to.
Well the first half of the year has been particularly weak for Microsoft. That isn't some special sign that they're first party support is dying, it has just been a weak period for releases. It won't be the first, nor the last, and Sony and Nintendo have had similar periods. Sony are also having their strongest year, which makes the comparison even more stark.

But the second half of the year, Microsoft are holding their cards close to their chest (or they're trying to, anyway). They have a good few new first party studios working on unannounced stuff and the likes of Lionhead and Rare are working on unannounced stuff. A lack of third party exclusives (Kinect aside) is just a sign of the times -- it's making less and less sense for third parties to tie themselves down to one console, especially now that devs have a good grasp of PS3 development. Microsoft could have probably secured, say, Mass Effect 2 and 3 if they opened their wallet, but is that really what you want them to be spending money on? I know you probably don't want them to be spending it on Kinect either, but a first party title is a first party title and right now Kinect needs support more than the controller does.

that list is so fucking sad.

right now my 360 is just a BLOPs adapter and the only other game on the horizon to break up the monotony is gears 3.

please, MS, come back home :(

Marleyman

Banned
LQX said:

Well said.

derFeef

Detox said:

Master Chief is on there but more interestingly why is Glados mentioned?
"May the Force be with you"
I think the Star Wars Kinect game is getting a bigger demo.

edit: oh there are more sayings. Hm.

Marleyman

Banned
Mohonky said:
Pretty much. I cant even use kinect because of my room, so looks like ms is just releasing a whole bunch of stuff i couldnt play even ifi wanted too. Being that my 360 is usually my primary console of choice, i am finding the ms commitment to provide any genuine reason to stick to the platform really low right now

What games do you usually play on your console of choice?

Marleyman

Banned
KAL2006 said:
Sony first party line up so far this year are LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, DC Universe, SOCOM 4, MotorStorm Apocalypse and they have inFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Twisted MEtal, Ratchet upcoming.

Sony is just hitting their stride though; MS has already hit theirs.

Elixist

Huh sounds pretty kinectified, not sure if want dog.jpg

On a side not how do I ignore a user? I thought there was an option for that, but too dumb to find it.

LQX

KAL2006 said:
MS first party lineup for this year so far has been nothing and they have Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 coming this year

The point is for the last few years MS exclusives have essentially been the same, a new Fable, Forza, Halo and Gears or War so to now act as if the fact they don't have enough new exclusives is the linchpin decision to abandon ship is not genuine. First party exclusives have not been big selling point for MS for a few years now.

Elixist

Amir0x said:
Guess it's looking like time to sell that 360 after Gears 3. Had a good run.

Dont say that ; ; you'll stick around for the arcade titles wont you? I hope they'll still bring the awesome in that space, otherwise ya its lookin pretty dire.

dp: srrys

Vamphuntr

Kinect, Kinect, Kinect.

I'm really not happy that the list is filled with Kinect games. I do understand they need to push games because the hardware is out but I would love to see more non Kinect games from MS.

Amir0x

Banned
Elixist said:
Dont say that ; ; you'll stick around for the arcade titles wont you? I hope they'll still bring the awesome in that space, otherwise ya its lookin pretty dire.

dp: srrys

I mean, I don't know what's coming out on arcade to really keep the system. Fez? Is that what it's called? I think that's the only exclusive it'd kind of suck to miss, but who knows when that is coming out.

It's generally a bad idea to sell systems, but it's clear from this lineup Microsoft is clearly for someone else now. A shame, they were the best console up until this past year.

People who want shallow'd up gameplay with lag button-free control are an audience completely alien to me. Microsoft will come graveling back when its 2 secs of Kinect fame are done by the ADHD gimmick crowd, and then we can be done with this shit just like Nintendo is.

Amir0x said:
Guess it's looking like time to sell that 360 after Gears 3. Had a good run.
Pretty much. I had my fun with it. Bought it when Gears 1 came out. "next gen" started there for me. Can't wait to come full circle with Gears 3 and wait for the Xbox720.

Amir0x

Banned
Always-honest said:
Pretty much. I had my fun with it. Bought it when Gears 1 came out. "next gen" started there for me. Can't wait to come full circle with Gears 3 and wait for the Xbox720.

I remember when I saw that, like, 20fps clip of Gears at the MTV unveiling

"Next gen" indeed.

Your turn, Elijah Wood.

Kafel

Banned
There's also an AAA Kinect Shooter developed by Microsoft Vancouver.

Hardcore-Shooter-Coming-to-Kinect-From-New-Microsoft-Vancouver-Studio-2.jpg

Microsoft Family work on something with "highly experimental gameplay".

jaypah

I just got a gaming PC plus I love Kinect so this is beyond perfect. Sucks for all of the sad people in this thread though. Assuming they launch the next console in 2012-13 I'd rather they had their teams concentrating on next-Gen. Selfish, I know, but it seems to be the trend of this thread anyway.

TheOddOne

Detox said:

Master Chief is on there but more interestingly why is Glados mentioned?
So this is what I get:

• Sword (maby Kingdoms)
  • Axe (maby Batman)
  • Lightsaber (Star Wars Kinect)
  • Car (Forza Motorsport/Forza World)
  • Jet Fighter (I'm blind I thought it was a gun before, my brother from another mother daFeef correct me).
  • Nunchucks?
  • A 360 Slim
  • Gears Weapon (Gears of War 3/Kinect?)
  • Guitar
  • Kinect
  • Xbox Live
  • Halo sword (Halo - 343/Saber?)
  • Lightning?

Marleyman said:
Sony is just hitting their stride though; MS has already hit theirs.
I think they hit it first in 2009, with KZ2, inFamous, Demon Souls, and Uncharted 2. This year is like the second blow out.

derFeef

TheOddOne said:
So this is what I get:

• Sword (maby Kingdoms)
  • Axe (maby Batman)
  • Gun (Modern Warfare 3)
  • Nunchucks?
  • A 360 Slim
  • Gears Weapon (Gears of War 3/Kinect?)
  • Guitar
  • Kinect
  • Xbox Live
  • Halo sword (Halo - 343/Saber?)
  • Lightning?
Replace gun with jet fighter :) (click on image, there are better views)

JaggedSac

It seems to me the only difference between this year and others is that there aren't any 3rd party exclusives that core gamers are wanting. The 360 is still getting them, they are just also going to other platforms as well. Not sure why that would make someone not play games on the platform. Maybe it would influence someone who doesn't yet own it, but to hear people jumping ship is just silliness.

szaromir

Banned
TheOddOne said:
So this is what I get:

• Sword (maby Kingdoms)
  • Axe (maby Batman)
  • Gun (Modern Warfare 3)
LOL I thought that's an airplane?

edit: I didn't see the following posts

Status