• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

A second DC movie wasn't going to happen anyway. Kroll said back in March that they want to fasttrack, but if the scripts aren't ready, they will let it be.

Sucks to have such a long wait between JL and Aquaman.

a916

I hope when they write SS2... there's a reason a smart person like Amanda Waller chooses the people... it seems like SS2 was random people gathered together that had no real reason to be there... El Diablo made the most sense.

Each member, as dumb as it sounds, should be like a Metroid item... each of them needed to get to the final goal. I get Harley is there for popularity, but really, why would Waller choose her? She poses a massive risk because Joker is after her. They should've given her purpose to being in that group.

Pachimari

I just need that Flash movie. Lots of Harley Quinn solo movies. The Batman. And Wonder Woman 2.

Cautiously optimistic about Aquaman.

I also would like more interesting villains. I loved Doctor Poison, and found Enchantress visually pleasing.

Yeah, that sounds real stupid.... what does that even mean. what does Shazam have to offer besides Black Adam?

Then I don't understand why they would move forward with Shazam before others.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzAvNzMzL2kwMi9HZW9mZl9Kb2hucy5qcGc=

One of his favorite characters (I want to say after Lantern and Flash maybe?).

It's produced by Newline anyway.

Interesting that there's no Black Adam in the film, I thought for sure he'd get his solo film first. So I guess it's either going to be Mr. Mind or Sivana or both.

SDCC should be fun!

strafer

If anything I think Geoff wants to move forward with the Green Lantern Corp movie.

I really hope we get cast and director announcement at CC.

shingi70

Banned
Yeah, that sounds real stupid.... what does that even mean. what does Shazam have to offer besides Black Adam?

Shazam lets them make a movie in the dceu that's squarely aimed at younger audiences.

People forget that Shazam/Captain marvel was the best selling comic for a longtime before DC pulled some shady shit and killed the book.

a916

Shazam lets them make a movie in the dceu that's squarely aimed at younger audiences.

People forget that Shazam/Captain marvel was the best selling comic for a longtime before DC pulled some shady shit and killed the book.

He's kinda been an afterthought during New 52 though

Neophant

It's gonna be a wonderful day, but don't forget, there's going to be 4 whole days of great panels from WB ranging from their comics to animation too! The movies are just that sweet cherry on top of the geek sundae.

Also, uh...hi guys :)

IconGrist

It's gonna be a wonderful day, but don't forget, there's going to be 4 whole days of great panels from WB ranging from their comics to animation too! The movies are just that sweet cherry on top of the geek sundae.

Also, uh...hi guys :)

About goddamn time! Welcome, Neo!

Ashhong

Shit I’ll be at the dentist during the panel. But at least after that I get to hear all the news then go watch dunkirk in 70mm imax!

Shit I’ll be at the dentist during the panel. But at least after that I get to hear all the news then go watch dunkirk in 70mm imax!

I'm currently scheduled to be driving a few hours to a wedding during the panel. On top of that, it's going to be 90+F and humidity through the roof.. I'll be outside for a minimum of 6 hours.

Let's just say I'm starting to have second thoughts since I'm not close with the couple. Sitting around watching Comic Con news roll in and catching Dunkirk later that night sounds like a far superior plan with each passing hour.

shingi70

Banned
Hot Take Time.

Suicide Squad is top to bottom a better movie than Batman v Superman is. It's a quick fast paced and fun ride.

Heathens > Beatiful Lie

Dierce

No. SS was a fucking mess of a movie.

The one this SS has over BvS is that at least it doesn't subject the audience to Randian philosophy. I don't know whether Snyder worships Ayn Rand or just thinks objectivism is cool for some reason.

The one this SS has over BvS is that at least it doesn't subject the audience to Randian philosophy. I don't know whether Snyder worships Ayn Rand or just thinks objectivism is cool for some reason.

well he was talking about being interested in making a Fountainhead adaptation a little while back...

still, in regards to BvS despite whatever disagreements people would have with what its saying or attempting with the characters it is so much more interesting than Basura Squad.

that one has gotta be the worst DC movie since Green Lantern.

I feel like if your take away from BvS is that Synder's arguing in favor of Rand you might not have paid close enough attention.

Ma Kent's whole speech wasn't "don't do anything for anybody because you don't owe them anything" it was "you need to do as your conscience dictates, not try to live up to expectations for the sake of living up to expectations." Meanwhile, Batman and Lex each pursue a crusade against the idea of selfless power and are proven wrong.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinions

If you in any way manage to read anything objectivist into BvS with the way the film ends you aren't very good at understanding movies

The text (or the film) in no way supports it

If anything it is pretty fucking anti objectivist

Dierce

I feel like if your take away from BvS is that Synder's arguing in favor of Rand you might not have paid close enough attention.

Ma Kent's whole speech wasn't "don't do anything for anybody because you don't owe them anything" it was "you need to do as your conscience dictates, not try to live up to expectations for the sake of living up to expectations." Meanwhile, Batman and Lex each pursue a crusade against the idea of selfless power and are proven wrong.

I don't know. I think the problem might stem from how Snyder directly adapted Miller's Batman. The self made, businessman who does what he feels is right even if authority says otherwise. Unfortunately it seems Snyder thought Superman should fit the same mold. except for the part of being wealthy.

I don't know. I think the problem might stem from how Snyder directly adapted Miller's Batman. The self made, businessman who does what he feels is right even if authority says otherwise. Unfortunately it seems Snyder thought Superman should fit the same mold. except for the part of being wealthy.

Except Batman spends like 75% of the movie as the villain. It's a repudiation of Miller's Batman even as it hews to his aesthetic.

jey_16

Banned
my opinions on BvS and Suicide Squad have actually changed over time. Initially, I hated BvS and thought Suicide Squad was ok but that has actually reversed over time

there are some genuinely good moments in BvS (the interaction between Clark and Bruce at the gala was fantastic and obviously the brilliant warehouse scene), for me it just falls apart because the conflict between the two never really feels justified and it's resolution is just stupid. The film would have been so much better without the "vs", just make it a team-up film to take down Lex/Doomsday and dont have Superman die at the end

Suicide Squad was just a mess of a film though, do we actually know what went on behind the scenes on that?

Dyl

Suicide Squad was just a mess of a film though, do we actually know what went on behind the scenes on that?

- WB fast-tracked the film, so Ayer only had six weeks to write the script and they rushed straight into production.

- The Bohemian Rhapsody trailer was so successful that WB re-tooled the film to be more inline with the marketing's tone. This included hiring the trailer company to edit the entire film themselves.

- An extension of the above point, reshoots were made to add extra humor to the film, as well as buff up the final fight scene (one of the animators who worked on the film posts on this board and has talked about this). Certain "dark" elements of the film were outright cut or trimmed to resemble something that was not originally intended, such as Joker's relationship with Harley, which was meant to be the traditional abusive angle.

I might be forgetting some things, but those are the key points.

Top Bottom