• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

derFeef

The Secret World public beta

10cc5ea2.jpg

669a5ca0.jpg

Moaradin

I think the game looks pretty good. The graphics are pretty simple, but the art is good and the animations are great. Feels very smooth as well.

i1M6mJ8AC96GO.png

iOof29h6WtQHZ.png

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No matter which genre eh? If you were only talking about fighting, driving, and 2D sidescrollers I would agree. But for everything else I will always choose kbam. Even for games like Just Cause 2 that are barely more than xbox controls pasted onto a keyboard and mouse. But games like Batman and Dead Space (using d3d overrider) are far superior with kbam.

Make a list of games you think should work better with a controller, and I will pick one for us both to make a video of us playing it. We will compare.

Note: I'm on a backup keyboard right now. It's PS/2 so you know it wont allow me to move forward/backwards and left at the same time if I'm holding down a 3rd key. But I'm confident that still wont be an issue.

Did you even read my post? I was talking about mouse and keypad. I'm suggesting that a speed pad like the g13 kicks the shir out of a standard keyboard when it comes to functionality and feel. I never once mentioned a game pad.

MrBig

Did you even read my post? I was talking about mouse and keypad. I'm suggesting that a speed pad like the g13 kicks the shir out of a standard keyboard when it comes to functionality and feel. I never once mentioned a game pad.

I agree. A mouse is great, but pressing buttons to move just doesn't feel natural. I use a mech keyboard with cherry reds now and it's a hell of a lot better in alleviating the button feel you get when using a rubber dome keyboard, but I still use a 360 controller for casual/single player games.

Pachinko

That path to exile game looks pretty good. I'm guessing it's a fully featured direct X 11 engine? Diablo 3 is only really using 9, so you can play it on a computer built in 2005. It's kind of the blizzard way of doing things I guess. I thought it looked fine but they could have easily pushed it further if they wanted to.

KKRT00

That path to exile game looks pretty good. I'm guessing it's a fully featured direct X 11 engine? Diablo 3 is only really using 9, so you can play it on a computer built in 2005. It's kind of the blizzard way of doing things I guess. I thought it looked fine but they could have easily pushed it further if they wanted to.

Nope, its DX 9 Forward Rendered engine.
Its running better on my friend's old laptop then Leagues of Legends.

====
Brains!

SjzTO.jpg

S96Es.jpg

Sethos

Banned
@Sethos
What kind of black magic have You used on Dead Island to make it look like that? o_0

Surprisingly, not much. Outside of the downsampling via Photoshop from 2560x1600 I use Dead Island Helper to increase FOV and reduce Bloom ( Plus a few control tweaks ). Game actually does look pretty good all-around.

Sorry I had controller on the brain. I meant to say lets compare your G13 vs a keyboard. Not that I don't think it is comfortable and awesome, it's just that people who claim that "action" games don't work perfectly fine with kbam are full of shit. Batman, Just Cause 2, Dead Space, they are all perfect with a mouse and keyboard. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken. It's not like 3rd person action games is some new genre on PC. They have been around for close to a decade and a half being played perfectly with kbam.

Path of Exile looks really nice. Cant wait until it goes public.

How is the gameplay compared to the Diablo 3 demo? Is there anything that feels like the Monk class in Diablo 3?

Top Bottom