• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Couleurs

"No access token was supplied"

Servers are either not up yet, or are getting hammered. I just wanna open my preorder packs before bed :( :(

Have to wait until daytime to pick up my pre-order and start ripping packs, someone rip some packs in my stead

Last year I was able to get an all gold/diamond team pretty quickly through conquest and playing the market, I wonder what cheese methods there will be this year

Pulling Stanton, Arenado and Altuve didn't hurt either....

Is there a Gaf league this year? Maybe they figured shit out

z4chc3na

I bought the deluxe edition and it has the arrow to download it under my purchased but when I click on it, it says it isn't downloaded, despite having already pre downloaded it

EDIT: Its bought and everything but it does't appear to me downloaded, and it won't let me do so.

FrankWza

It would be cool if you could make intro specific to your team. Like once you picked your favorite team it would just show random highlights from your teams history.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Enhanced visuals is the way to go on PS4 Pro. Framerate feels smoother than last year with a nice boost to visuals on top. 4K is definitely playable but the cutscenes are definitely dropping below 30 fps so it looks pretty jarring.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Man, I hope for once that Gamestop delivers this on time. I usually use Amazon for everything, but they didn't have the copy I wanted.

kasane

Man pitching animation is still iffy for me. After i played pro yakyu spirits The show animations just doesnt have the snap i saw in that game.

So guys I replaced the intro's audio with CNN's Decade intro theme (it works really well.) But because I couldn't loop it properly and it's only a 55 second track, I had to abridge the opening.

I kept Vin Scully's voice over, but naturally some of the other things had to go in order for the music to match the visuals. Ultimately, if anyone else can find a better way to put that theme to overlay the intro completely with a better loop, go for it.

Anyway, here's my fan-edit of the intro. (I'm using crappy editing software too so I did what I could).

https://youtu.be/WGvpQQ8TOUU

Karish

Enhanced visuals is the way to go on PS4 Pro. Framerate feels smoother than last year with a nice boost to visuals on top. 4K is definitely playable but the cutscenes are definitely dropping below 30 fps so it looks pretty jarring.
Super clean and smooth.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I agree. Everything is super clean and smooth until you get a cut-scene. Still very playable. Loved it!

In some images I posted earlier (Sorry for the Facebook quality in those) I zoomed in on some plaques at classic Yankee Stadium in Monument Park and you could read all the text on them. They had all the plaques. In the retired numbers section, they had all the numbers, but the plaques below them had repeated non-legible textures over them. It's so minor that it's nothing at all. The attention to detail is insane!

Definitely going to take me some time to find that HDR sweet spot on my x800d with the show sliders. Otherwise I am loving the game.

Help. I pre loaded the MVP Edition. The pre order bonus wasn't available for pre load so it just stayed in the store page after I bought it. Where can I find that download now?

Cornbread78

Tried. Numerous times. Checked my address, etc and still no go

Weird, I just log into the app, click on the PS store Icon located on the top left, enter my login info, enter the verification code (2-step ver) and can buy anything from there. You can set it to download directly to your PS4 from there as well...

RdN

Can't wait to get home tonight and play.

I haven't really followed this year's features.

I'm strictly a Road to the Show player. Is there something new for it?

NHale

Played 2 games last night. Shame the servers weren't online when I played but just from 2 games I can see how hit variety has improved a lot. After playing so much The Show 16 some hits I was expecting to end up as easy pop ups but to my complete surprise the ball takes a realistic angle instead of just liners and end up as a single.

The ending of the intro almost made me feel like this was the end of The Show franchise.

Weird, I just log into the app, click on the PS store Icon located on the top left, enter my login info, enter the verification code (2-step ver) and can buy anything from there. You can set it to download directly to your PS4 from there as well...
Always get the following

We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later.

ironmang

lol figures I preorder from Best Buy and they're suddenly "out of stock" and have my order on hold. if they even send me it ill probably have to fight to get my preorder bonus.

Looking forward to getting off work and getting home to play this. Been a couple years since I last played a Show game. Can't wait to strike out 200 times with Mark Trumbo.

I'm SiKotikJ30 on PSN for anyone who might want to play some games!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
lol figures I preorder from Best Buy and they're suddenly "out of stock" and have my order on hold. if they even send me it ill probably have to fight to get my preorder bonus.

What was the pre-order bonus? I ordered from them, and didn't recall what that was.

Xater

The servers are running, but they are unstable as hell. Connection issues everywhere. I think this is now a bad launch 3 years in a row.

The servers are running, but they are unstable as hell. Connection issues everywhere. I think this is now a bad launch 3 years in a row.

I honestly can't remember what they were like for 15, but last year it took about 2 weeks until they got their servers stabilized. Once they did they were really solid the rest of the year, but it was quite messy at the beginning.

Top Bottom