• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jennipeg

I'm not going to go into detail here, but I suggest you read through the recent thread about Colin:

I don't think this counts as a black mark against Danny. I think Danny is being naive.

It reminds me a lot of the Oculus and Palmer Luckey thing, actually.

Sure, its probably best not to get into it here. I took part in that thread as well, so i'm up to date with Colin's nonsense.

I will just say on the topic of diversity and his show: Colin only had 5 guests before the whole thing imploded, and while they were all white men, they were also people he knows and respects, so I wasn't surprised to see them on his show first.

At the same time, when someone asked him to branch out and get some different perspectives (a perfectly reasonable request), he got pissy and said he doesn't play that game. So from that we can assume he'd continue to have his friends on the show and ignore these issues completely... he really doesn't like to hear opposing opinions. He may be all for diversity, he just doesn't want to actively promote it and seems to view it as pandering, which is shitty.

Just played through Eventide. I kind of expected more after seeing all the buzz about it but was a fun unexpected moment. Had some goofy cool moments like
the Hinox's wooden shin guards burning up after it walked through a campfire chasing me. Made the rest of the fight a lot easier wailing on its legs.

Neat.

Much like Undertale or anything hyped in a similar fashion, it's a great experience if you can go in without knowing it's special, but other people's great "special" experiences lead them to talk about how special their experience was which lead others to have non-special experiences.

sirap

aVJpqJV.png

Yeah, was probably going to do it soon anyway, but time to call it a day on Danny's Patreon.

Meanwhile he's out there re-tweeting a trans dev who's spent the last hour admonishing the industry's show of support for Colin. Really made a home for himself on that fence.

Huh.

Doom documentary was some good shit but I can't in good conscience get behind this.

oti

Banned
I'm 60h in and I have no idea what Eventide Island is, please don't tell me.

For the last couple of days I'm always targeting a Dungeon but end up doing completely different stuff for hours. And I still feel satisfied.

Tunoku

I'm 60h in and I have no idea what Eventide Island is, please don't tell me.

For the last couple of days I'm always targeting a Dungeon but end up doing completely different stuff for hours. And I still feel satisfied.

I'm 100h in and at the point where I could just go ahead and finish the game, but I just can't let go. I'm afraid I won't go back to it once I've seen the credits.

My computer has excellent comedic timing. Last night I was playing Andromeda, and right at a particularly hilarious animation my PC just hard restarted. I think I should be concerned about that, but it was pretty funny.

The animations aside, I can't get over how odd the games feels. The weird physics-based movement is such a strange design decision. If you zig-zag while running you get this silly mamba-run thing going on.

bgbball31

My P5 pre-order will get here day-and-date, or should... and then I immediately fly the next day to go to a wedding half the country away till the 12th. I'm going to have to be on internet blackout till I finish it when I get back.

Just played through Eventide. I kind of expected more after seeing all the buzz about it but was a fun unexpected moment. Had some goofy cool moments like
the Hinox's wooden shin guards burning up after it walked through a campfire chasing me. Made the rest of the fight a lot easier wailing on its legs.

Neat.

Heh yea, it was a cool little island but definitely overhyped some.
I ended up having to fight the hinox twice since I got cocky fighting the moblins on the last orb. The first time I was lame and just cheesed it with bombs because I didn't have any arrows yet (managed to go there first). Second time though I just flew onto the sleeping hinox and took the orb off his necklace. That was a cool moment for me.
Would like to see more stuff like it though.

kiguel182

3 episodes in and Iron Fist isn't that bad. The main dude is annoying but overall is a solid 6 out of 10. It doesn't do anything that well but it entertains enough.

You should check out the Demon's Souls Quick Look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWdZQpoNHs
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-demons-souls/2300-1485/

They recorded this before release even, I think. No one knows what the hell is going on. Oh and Vinny is playing.

edit: Young Vinny actually parries something first try.

I would love to listen to any podcasts where they are talking about souls and are mystified. That quick look is great. I unfortunately just started following GB almost 2 years ago so I missed all that. Have caught up on a lot of old videos but not so much on podcasts.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the show Broadchurch for the first time right now and it really makes me want to rewatch the whole Contradiction run lol.

3 episodes in and Iron Fist isn't that bad. The main dude is annoying but overall is a solid 6 out of 10. It doesn't do anything that well but it entertains enough.

I watched the first two and it seems fine. I had severely tempered my expectations, which probably helped. If I could force myself through Luke Cage, I can make it through Iron Fist.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So the persona 5 preview thread says that 85 hours would be rushing it.

Some people have played up to 140 hours without beating it.

raw

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's persona.

You have to do fuck all grinding because of how easy it usually is so I'm going to guess it'll hold true for 5.

Top Bottom