• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I tried making my own icons for these games but they look pathetic...could anyone help me with:

Last Express
Under A Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
Zork Grand Inquisitor
Alpha Centauri
Crusader No Remorse

SteveWD40

Stealth Bastard:

ITaAS.jpg

Thank god for the Counter Strike and TF2 Beta ones. Those had been bothering me for so long.

The Diablo 3 one is nice too.

Sort of related note, I dunno if anyone here would have the answer, but I got EVE on Steam a while ago (for super cheap). It was on the Crucible expansion then, but in my list it still says Incarna. Interestingly enough, on the grid view it shows the Inferno logo/image.

Is there a way to rename the game, or am I stuck having it say Incarna on the list?

I haven't installed it via Steam, so that may fix it, but anyone know without me having to test that?

Loxley

For the two of you out there aside from me that play the The Third Age: Total War mod for Medieval 2, I whipped this up.

MksS8.jpg

Pro

I'm having some trouble with converting .n64 and .z64 ROMs into executables. I can convert them just fine from the original .bat but when I load them from the Steam menu, PJ64 encounters an error and cannot load the ROM. Has anyone come across this?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
i need new icons for the games below, thanks.

Alan Wake American Nightmare
Arma 2
Arma 2 Arrowhead
Arma 2 British Armed Forces
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Completely forgot about you.

header.jpg
header%5B6%5D.jpg

Original
header.jpg
441ee2e6267a4115b9546e0b7be21efa.jpg

Maybe someone else can help you with the Arma ones. If not, google image search of 460x215 images might show some.

Okay I tried something different with Quake, just used some wallpapers and covers I found on Google but Quake 1 was a bitch because of the aspect ratio. I'm pretty happy with them:

Quake

Quake II

Quake III Arena

Quake III Team Arena

Quake III Team Arena (alt)

Quake 4

these are sick, i'm definitely using these!

edit: hmmm, is it possible to get alternates of these with the logo as well?

Glass Rebel

these are sick, i'm definitely using these!

edit: hmmm, is it possible to get alternates of these with the logo as well?

Sorry for the late reply but I'm not sure what you mean. These were whipped up very fast mostly using stuff I found on google. I'm pretty bad with photoshop/gimp :lol

haikira

Just want to throw out a big thank you, to everyone who's posted stuff here. I've grabbed loads of pictures here, for games. Thanks. =D

Here's a pair I made, for Dragon Age Origins.

Dragon Age Origins
dragonage1w5gst.jpg

dragonage2oqyap.jpg

Gotta subscribe to this thread! Highly likely I'll make a few icons myself, too.

EDIT: Made one, and I did't feel like double posting.

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
i3PUWq6ivO7nw.png

EDIT 2: Made this for a friend...

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine
ijLShgcPBJ0B5.png

You are all brilliant bastards and my Steam library finally looks pretty.

Can someone make one for To The Moon? Also, Civilization IV and Victoria II have old Steam logos, but they aren't the right size.

Fuzzy

You are all brilliant bastards and my Steam library finally looks pretty.

Can someone make one for To The Moon? Also, Civilization IV and Victoria II have old Steam logos, but they aren't the right size.
9LwOn.png

Does that mean you just want the original Steam icons? Here they are straight off of the Steam website.

header.jpg

header.jpg

And to the other people posting icons, please include the name of the game somewhere in the post so people can easily Ctrl+F to find them.

Fuzzy

I just remembered I had two non-Steam Serious Sam games from the Indie Royale Serious Sam Pack that I never added to Steam because they didn't have icons. Now I've made a couple and added them. :)

Kamikaze Attack
PpBRb.png

The Greek Encounter
KZkb5.png

Top Bottom