• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Hagi

Catching up with Detective Comics and man this book is my shit. This whole victim syndicate stuff is pretty interesting, I really like Clayface being in the team and Batwoman is fire incarnate. Looking forward to reading Batwoman Rebirth when I'm up to date.

Catching up with Detective Comics and man this book is my shit. This whole victim syndicate stuff is pretty interesting, I really like Clayface being in the team and Batwoman is fire incarnate. Looking forward to reading Batwoman Rebirth when I'm up to date.

Victim Syndicate really didn't go on for as long as I would have liked.

Stuck this in my basket earlier, need to check out some of these Rebirth books. Epting on Batwoman too :eek:

Malyse

I've never put one in my mouth, as far as I remember, but did they do the same thing with DS cartridges?

Or are the Switch ones just much smaller?

They tiny.

20170221_162354.jpg

Bennett and Tynion are cowriting it.

Ah right, brilliant. Vol 1 of TEC is out already, going to grab that with a few others, should get me going while I wait for that to hit trade. Is the crossover thing between bats, tec and Nightwing worth checking out too? I know its by your boy, Orlando.

Hagi

Victim Syndicate really didn't go on for as long as I would have liked.

Hmm yeah but I liked how it ended
with Steph leaving

Stuck this in my basket earlier, need to check out some of these Rebirth books. Epting on Batwoman too :eek:

It's really good probably my fabourite of the Bat books. I need to catch up with Nightwing at some point though.

Ah right, brilliant. Vol 1 of TEC is out already, going to grab that with a few others, should get me going while I wait for that to hit trade. Is the crossover thing between bats, tec and Nightwing worth checking out too? I know its by your boy, Orlando.

I skipped Night of the Monster Men but I think I'll pick up the trade soon.

Phamit

America #1

Uff

I didn't like this one. Maybe the next one is better after they tried to do everything at once in this one to set up the story.

I skipped Night of the Monster Men but I think I'll pick up the trade soon.

Thats the one, night of the monster men. I would normally just grab it if I'm reading those anyway but they went HC with it so drives up the price compared to the other trades, just wanted to check it was alright. I remember the Rossmo portions looking g fantastic in the previews! Did you end up ordering a switch btw?

Hagi

Thats the one, night of the monster men. I would normally just grab it if I'm reading those anyway but they went HC with it so drives up the price compared to the other trades, just wanted to check it was alright. I remember the Rossmo portions looking g fantastic in the previews! Did you end up ordering a switch btw?

They went HC? damn I'll wait for the trade then, I want everything in paperback.

Nah I decided against it. The price is too high and we'd only be getting it for Zelda so I think I'll get it later in the year maybe when Mario is out. We have a lot to save up for this year with our wedding so I'm trying not to go crazy with my spending. It's cool though I'm playing Yakuza Zero and Horizon right now anyway plus will be getting Nier and Mass Effect this month too. Can't hold all these games. Hope you enjoy yours!

They went HC? damn I'll wait for the trade then, I want everything in paperback.

Nah I decided against it. The price is too high and we'd only be getting it for Zelda so I think I'll get it later in the year maybe when Mario is out. We have a lot to save up for this year with our wedding so I'm trying not to go crazy with my spending. It's cool though I'm playing Yakuza Zero and Horizon right now anyway plus will be getting Nier and Mass Effect this month too. Can't hold all these games. Hope you enjoy yours!

Haha yea it'll feel wrong with a HC sitting amongst all paperback.

Yea fair enough man. Did you guys set a date yet or is it strictly planning right now? Haha I'll enjoy looking at mine! I effectively decided to wait til later in the year when there's a spread of games for the whole family instead of just Zelda for me, but bought the console and Zelda now to split the cost up instead of a £600 bundle down the line. So it's going straight into storage hidden from young eyes. All horizon all of the time for me right now!

ElNarez

Banned
today I realized that Steve Rogers being a nazi is basically just a bad version of Mastermen, a.k.a. the worst issue of The Multiversity, and it doesn't even have the motifs of Der Ring Des Nibelungen to give it depth

Ohhhh boy. Well. Well well well.

On a related note, Donny Cates is one of the nicest comic dudes on Twitter and I saw him posting yesterday about his (trans) cousin who he just lost to suicide. Heartbreaking, I have been thinking about him a lot since last night.

Edit: looks like he is still going to ECCC though
I saw that too. I had to take a walk pretty much after seeing that. A lot of the news has been weighing down on me and seeing another trans person taking their life depressed me. After taking a short stroll I decided to donate to Trans Lifeline as I had seen some people suggest it as a good place to donate to.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jeff Lemire and Phil Hester are coyly teasing a collaboration on their Twitters. Must be Lemire's forthcoming second announcement.

Sandfox

Jeff Lemire and Phil Hester are coyly teasing a collaboration on their Twitters. Must be Lemire's forthcoming second announcement.
I'm expecting a DC book from Lemire, but it could very well be something for Image as well.

I saw that too. I had to take a walk pretty much after seeing that. A lot of the news has been weighing down on me and seeing another trans person taking their life depressed me. After taking a short stroll I decided to donate to Trans Lifeline as I had seen some people suggest it as a good place to donate to.

Good suggestion, thanks for passing it along. I was trying to pick a charity to give to in her name earlier, that sounds like a good fit

Hagi

Haha yea it'll feel wrong with a HC sitting amongst all paperback.

Yea fair enough man. Did you guys set a date yet or is it strictly planning right now? Haha I'll enjoy looking at mine! I effectively decided to wait til later in the year when there's a spread of games for the whole family instead of just Zelda for me, but bought the console and Zelda now to split the cost up instead of a £600 bundle down the line. So it's going straight into storage hidden from young eyes. All horizon all of the time for me right now!

I wanted to wait till the HC collections of the Rebirth books come out but I'm too weak willed :p

Hah we are getting married on the 4th of October, it's just a small family thing then we are going to Tokyo for honeymoon the day after. Not gonna lie we've been together 9 years this year but I'm still nervous lol As it's looking there's really no games out in the launch window I'm overly keen on but my fiancee loves Mario Kart and Splatoon so we'll pick those up when we do end up getting it.

So strange starting up another console cycle, feels like the PS4 has finally just started to really get into it's groove for me with it's releases and now up pops Nintendo. I hope they have several bombs ready for their E3 direct. I'll take a Metroid and Animal Crossing.

I was planning the same man, going the deluxe volume route but half out of weakness, and half wanting to make sure I actually like the books before shelling out for HCs I thought I'd do at least a round of the paperbacks. Probably just end up doing the HCs as upgrades.

Difbskecn dude I swear I have so many "you are just me" moments with you lol... We don't have a date yet but I have been heavy pushing for Tokyo honeymoon, that is exactly what I want haha. I'm so jealous man, that will be amazing. I bieve the nerves btw, I proposed over the summer and my stomach (machine, wtf) was inside out, and we've been together a similar time frame haha. Same deal with the switch btw haha the lady is a diehard Mario Kart and Splatoon fan so that's probably when I'll unearth it. What is this life.

Hagi

I was planning the same man, going the deluxe volume route but half out of weakness, and half wanting to make sure I actually like the books before shelling out for HCs I thought I'd do at least a round of the paperbacks. Probably just end up doing the HCs as upgrades.

Difbskecn dude I swear I have so many "you are just me" moments with you lol... We don't have a date yet but I have been heavy pushing for Tokyo honeymoon, that is exactly what I want haha. I'm so jealous man, that will be amazing. I bieve the nerves btw, I proposed over the summer and my machine was inside out, and we've been together a similar time frame haha. Same deal with the switch btw haha the lady is a diehard Mario Kart and Splatoon fan so that's probably when I'll unearth it. What is this life.

We do seem to be a lot alike lol I definitely recommend Tokyo we've been before and it's amazing, just don't go in July because it's hot as fuck and if you thought Scots couldn't take heat here when it's like 15 degrees you don't want to see what I was like in 40 degrees with insane humidity.

I was going to catch up with Batman tonight but that will have to wait till tomorrow zzz

I would literally burst into flame.

DC Rebirth panel link on CBR if anyone wants to follow along. If I can find an actual live blog style thing, I'll add that too:

Click

Liking the look of The Family Trade. Haven't read anything by Jordan but CBR have an article up with art, looks interesting.

Oh Damn, a book by Jordie Bellaire with art by Vanesa Del Ray. Redlands, that's cool. Corrupt cops and witches.

today I realized that Steve Rogers being a nazi is basically just a bad version of Mastermen, a.k.a. the worst issue of The Multiversity, and it doesn't even have the motifs of Der Ring Des Nibelungen to give it depth

Mastermen wasn't my least favorite issue of Multiversity. Favorite issue is still The Just, though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Liking the look of The Family Trade. Haven't read anything by Jordan but CBR have an article up with art, looks interesting.

Oh Damn, a book by Jordie Bellaire with art by Vanesa Del Ray. Redlands, that's cool. Corrupt cops and witches.

Image seems to be all about horror books recently.

Image seems to be all about horror books recently.

A little bit haha

Lemire Hester book is called Family Tree. They had technical difficulties but a video from lemire will run talking about it.

Lol. Generation Gone, new book by Alex Kot. Wonder if he'll cancel this one. Also The New World, with Tradd Moore.

Top Bottom