• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

I'm dying here need to sleep. Shalvey book based on his time in Limerick called savage town. Dead to the world. Hopefully something cool to wake up to tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so thats Blackbolt, Medusa, Max and now Karnak cast for the Inhumans show. They are going with all the major players, Ill give them that.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FAMILY TREE
Bestselling, award-winning Jeff Lemire (ROYAL CITY, DESCENDER, Sweet Tooth) and Phil Hester (Shipwreck, Green Arrow) come together for FAMILY TREE.

When an eight-year-old girl literally begins to transform into a tree, her single Mom, troubled brother and possibly insane Grandfather embark on a bizarre, and heart-wrenching odyssey across the back roads of America desperately searching for a way to cure to her horrifying transformation before it's too late.

But the further they get from home, and the closer the girl gets to completely losing her humanity, the more external forces threaten to tear the family apart as fanatical cults, mercenaries and and tabloid Paparazzi close in, determined to destroy the girl or use her for themselves.

A new genre-defying ongoing series The Family Tree will combine mystery, action and Cronenbergian body horror into an epic story about the lengths a Mother will go to keep her children safe in the face of an increasingly unstable world and unspeakable horrors.

4LWCKZ1.jpg

Sweet Tooth vibes plus Cronenberg? Yup, I want this. Launches in November.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Something with Sweeth Tooth vibes? Count me in. That series was amazing.
That's my editorializing, but it sure sounds like some Sweet Tooth traits from that summary. On the road, protecting a child from a vicious world, sci-fi/fantasy element that sets the child apart, etc.

I haven't read any of Lemire's Marvel stuff, but seems like Old Man Logan and Moon Knight have been well received. I'm all-in on his indie stuff.

That's my editorializing, but it sure sounds like some Sweet Tooth traits from that summary. On the road, protecting a child from a vicious world, sci-fi/fantasy element that sets the child apart, etc.

I haven't read any of Lemire's Marvel stuff, but seems like Old Man Logan and Moon Knight have been well received. I'm all-in on his indie stuff.
Yeah, your post made me realize he was the same writer who did Sweet Tooth, so that sealed the deal for me

Saw Logan

It was so fucking good, guys. So. fucking. good.

Easily the most emotional of any superhero movie

Yo man, when
the throwdown at the farm happened, I teared up with excitement. And in that finale, with the cross tipped into an X

Shit.

Crying just thinking about it.

All I could think was how much this film did characters justice.

I read Walking Dead 165...

And another OG is headed to the grave. Andrea will be dearly missed but she's had one of the best journeys of any character in the book and I'm glad she's going out doing something heroic at least.

But then I'm delivering her eulogy too early...she's got some fight left in her I reckon. Gonna go down guns blazing

I'm not as upset by this as I thought I would be. Makes sense to clear the deck for the Rick/Negan bromance I guess

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Michonne still around in the comics these days?

I decided to "reward" the emotional blows I suffered from Logan by watching Lost Girl (bad idea). So very close to being done and HOLY SHIT THEY RIPPED OFF BUFFY. Not just any Buffy, but specifically the last four episodes of S5, which is exactly the same place Lost Girl is in: the last four episodes of S5.

Almost done almost done almost done....I think I'll bail after this and read some more Dixon Nightwing. But first, other issues!

Green Arrow #18
While I like that they're bringing him into the fold and how they differentiate him from Ollie, specifically in their combat styles (Ollie is a much more practical archer, whereas Roy relies more on trick arrows), this feels really plugged in. The Emerald Outlaw arc really wasn't done. It ended on a weird fucking note, and then this arc happens and it seems really shoved in there. I'm sure it'll pay off at the end and we'll get to see the big picture, but for now that's how it feels.

Still a great book.

Nightwing #16
I'm not a Damien expert, but that whole thing at the beginning seemed super weird to me. Like it shouldn't have been a thing. Regardless I am loving this book. This next villain is amazing on so many levels.
I wonder if Deathwing might be talking to Blockbuster? Or maybe Deathstroke, given that they're setting up for Judas Contract?

You got it pretty spot on, Lemire said in the video that he considered it a thematic followup to Sweet Tooth & Animal Man. I'd agree with you guys, it wasn't a gangbusters set of announcements, probably not worth the staying up later for, but there was some good stuff on there. That Lemire pitch sounds absolutely spot on. Most of my favourite writers are already writing multiple books at Image, so not too disappointed but yea, not surprised they passed on Image Expo.

Nice. A book about stab city.

What a shit hole.

Not a fine place for tourism on the Emerald Isle then?

Did really like the art on that one Justin Jordan book though, and I'm sure Kot's stuff will be interesting, even if it burns up brightly not long after launch.

Sandfox

Eh I dunno. Those are nice covers but I don't like the concept. I think all three of those would be better without the glaring Hydra symbol
When I mentioned these variants in the other thread I mentioned that there will be people who won't like them for that reason. Removing that stuff would remove the purpose behind the covers though and the fact that they combine to form a Hydra symbol is a nice touch.

Pretty sure this is a mini-series in addition to the main story not a relaunch.

You should probably read the articles before posting them, especially with Bleedingcool.
I know its a mini-series. I meant that this is spinning out of Venom and that's kinda hard to do when the first 6 issues were a big failure and they are already trying to get people to forget it.

Edit: No one mentioned Blockbuster is returning! For shame, people. :p

Checking all the news now that I'm awake. Kot is doing 2 books?

Also:

Scott Snyder states that his upcoming Batman-related crossover event created with Greg Capullo, which we believe to be called Metal, will not affect the Batman books, and will not just be among the Bat family of comics, but promises you don’t need to collect a million issues.

A Justice Society Of America comic has already been planned. And there will be forthcoming plans for Hawkman after his recent series… Metal?

Nice for physical DC readers.

Sandfox

I know its a mini-series. I meant that this is spinning out of Venom and that's kinda hard to do when the first 6 issues were a big failure and they are already trying to get people to forget it.

Edit: No one mentioned Blockbuster is returning! For shame, people. :p

Also:
Quite a few people don't like Lee, but Venom doesn't seem to be a failure at all. Also, I would imagine this will have more do with Venom 150 than the previous issues.

caliph95

Whatever happened to Eddie Brock?
Last I heard he was dying of cancer. Guess he got better.

He got an anti Symbiote because of Mr. Negative weird powers which cured his cancer, went around as Anti-Venom for a while then got rid of it(???) and now is the current host of Toxin (Carnage current series). Or was, I don't know if he lost it since I'm not following the comic.

For the whole make mine marvel relaunch thing, is that being announced at ECCC or is that a later thing?
Later thing. After Secret Empire.

Really hoping they aren't just adopting the things they think made Rebirth a success with original numbers and double shipping. It was more than that and them being very open about it.

Top Bottom