• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Trailer

vg260

Lobo was highly requested by a small amount of people to the point where I know a guy that said he would buy the game the second Lobo was in it. Zatanna and Manhunter were HIGHLY requested.

I was thinking more of the first set for I1 when they were first revealed. I recall people not being too thrilled with it overall, even if Lobo was requested by a small number of vocal people. Zatanna and MMH were more requested, and MMH was part of the reason people seemed to be unhappy with the first four which is possibly why they were added on later.

Compbros

I was thinking more of the first set for I1 when they were first revealed. I recall people not being too thrilled with it overall, even if Lobo was requested by a small number of vocal people. Zatanna and MMH were more requested, and MMH was part of the reason people seemed to be unhappy with the first four which is possibly why they were added on later.

Understandable, the first pack was Lobo, who many casuals never heard of, Batgirl, who wasn't requested but still popular and probably the number 2 seller before MMH/Zat came along, Scorpion, mk guest, and Zod, obvious movie tie-in.

delSai

Okay, Lei and Zafina. Anyone else? MK was missing Fujin, Rain, Sindel, Baraka, Nightwolf (all of which in character models in story mode), Shang Tsung, Kabal, Noob Saibot. Not to mention a newcomer like Skarlet that could use some more fleshing out.

Mokujin always seemed like some inofficiall Tekken mascot to me, so not having him is weird. Julia/Michelle too. Or at least Jaycee if non of those 2. Guess im spoiled by Tag 2s Roster.

But okay i'll accept that the guests that people buy in MKX and Injustice are bad. Sorry for starting the discussion.

Hagi

Can you buy characters individually? I haven't picked up the game yet but when I do I'd rather just cop for Hellboy out of those three.

delSai

Lol i guess "my made up game" is as much in development as TKxSF eh?

Tekken x SF is in development. Your made up game isn't.

Weird that Ryu or whoever wasn't in Tag 2 or Revolution then

Can you buy characters individually? I haven't picked up the game yet but when I do I'd rather just cop for Hellboy out of those three.

Of course you can

Compbros

Mokujin always seemed like some inofficiall Tekken mascot to me, so not having him is weird. Julia/Michelle too. Or at least Jaycee if non of those 2. Guess im spoiled by Tag 2s Roster.

But okay i'll accept that the guests that people buy in MKX and Injustice are bad. Sorry for starting the discussion.

Dunno if that second paragraph is sarcasm but it's a good discussion to have.

Spinky

This pack has no female characters, but it's OK because we finally have the once in a lifetime opportunity to play as Raiden in a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios.

Hellboy ?

tenor.gif

Grimsen

Good fighter pack overall. NRS is really doing a good job with Injustice 2 support.

Black Manta looks great and Hellboy looks just perfect.

I don't mind Raiden's inclusion, but I think Jim Lee's been fucking around with the designs of the MK guest characters too much. At least there's gear.

vg260

It's interesting that Hellboy's model doesn't match up to any of the silhouettes. I'm guessing the "Azrael" silhouette is meant to be Hellboy, but it has a hood, shoulder armor, and two big fists (instead of one).

Yeah, I guess it was close enough while still keeping it somewhat vague, so no one can really call bait and switch if they bought the ultimate pack, unlike Manta and Raiden which were so specific as to have no leeway in that regard. With the Rorscach-esque one still being too nebulous to determine, it could really be anyone now having reasonably similar proportions.

J_Viper

HELLBOY WHATTTTTTTTTTT

Him and Manta look awesome

I don't mind Raiden, but there are way too many great DC characters that could have been used in his place. He just seems like a lazy choice.

I'm really hoping for Spawn, but I also want Rorschach, and I doubt we get both

Seijuro

So who's left/ rumored for Pack 3?
Atom is probably a surefire starter judging from the character select screen.

It's interesting that Hellboy's model doesn't match up to any of the silhouettes. I'm guessing the "Azrael" silhouette is meant to be Hellboy, but it has a hood, shoulder armor, and two big fists (instead of one).

Think they probably just ripped Azrael's model from Arkham and stuck it in there because everyone would know what Hellboy looked like.

Fury451

Banned

Heavy speculation that one of the Watchmen, probably Rorschach. Would make sense not only due to fan demand but because Watchmen is now part of the mainstream comics continuity because of Rebirth.

What seems to be a hooded female- have seen Raven (unlikely), Enchantress or Huntress seem to be plausible.

As has been mentioned though, Hellboy was basically hidden because his silhouette would've been a dead giveaway, so they may be doing that again.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a Doctor Manhattan skin for Atom though if he is in, depending on what they make his moveset to be.

Ryce

Atom
ySBH4WH.png

Enchantress (note the waifish figure and tattered clothing)
gxdaKLC.jpg

Considering the Spawn silhouette was modified to look more like Azrael, I'm thinking the final character is Rorschach. The silhouette looks a lot like him if you add a brim to the hat.

uXVXUpR.png

Fury451

Banned
I love this game to death but why no Spawn??!

Spawn would fit better with Mortal Kombat. There's way better guest characters for DC to choose- such as Hellboy, or (hint hint) their entire Vertigo lineup like Morpheus, Death, or Shade, or the gosh damn Doom Patrol.

Where's my Doom Patrol Ed? Give me Robotman, or Negative Man.

Negative Man could basically be Ermac, it's an easy lay-up for you guys.

I guess that rumor of them swapping Raiden for Black Lightning did pan out, huh? At least, assuming there was anything to that rumor, we might get Black Lightning as an alt.

Hellboy looks great, and it sounds like the rest of Fighter Pack 3 is locked in.

I wonder if we'll get a second "season" of DLC after these first 9 characters.

WarRock

WHAT A GREAT DAY TO WAKE UP ON

How will gear work for my boy Red though? When will they show his awesome banter? He'll reference the monkey with a gun scene when seeing Grodd, right? Will he grab random shit with his tail? Ogdru Jahad super o: ? I need more info ASAP!

Already confirmed for best modeled face

sinkfla87

Guys, what if that last "female" silhouette is actually Mileena? I'm serious here. Wouldn't shock me at all if we got another MK guest character, which would undoubtedly piss everyone (myself included) off lol.

Wonder what Manta's headgear will look like

Since that's pretty much what his headpiece has looked like since he was created.

Even the off brand DCAU "Devil Ray" has more of the less the same helmet.

Neolombax

Was hoping for Spawn but Hellboy is interesting too!

Also...fuck Raiden. One too many MK characters. We need new ones.

Top Bottom