• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

welovefine are stupid fucks #goodluckeveryone

looks like i have to repeatedly watch the website for when they restock the statue with failed orders according to their customer service

fucking idiot website with primitive payment plans

i dont even give a shit about the bunny i just want the statue

I haven't really paid attention to your Mirana statue saga. What happened? I thought you preordered that thing as soon as it went up.

Also what bunny?

shira

Just got patched out!

And 10 new heroes added. Now to figure out which ones are awesome and which are shit.

Axe, Legion Commander, Bristleback, Venomancer, Shadow Fiend, Juggernaut, Storm Spirit, Nature’s Prophet, Leshrac, and Witch Doctor.

Damn
kunk-rum.gif

So, Axe in Dark Moon is crazy awesome, like Axe is in most Horde Mode games.

... Until the Tidehunters show up and then his only contribution is Battle Calling to temporarily disable the fucking Ravages

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
One month down and no closer to 5k. Was supposed to be gaining 100 mmr a month to reach that goal but I've hardly been able to get any playtime in and some internet issues that are soon to be fixed have prevented me from playing regularly. Gonna have to spam some matches to get in Dota shape for IHL4 but I can at least take solace in that Dota hasn't changed too much with 7.00/7.01.

Hear ye, hear ye; If I'm not 5k by Dec 31 I'll ban stinkles.

NBtoaster

Finally beat Dark Moon. Just had someone play Techies and blow Invoker up at 20% with eblade veil mines. The meatball phase is too hard to do with pubs without cheesing.

yarden24

Say what? I haven't gotten back into Dota because it feels like everything changed entirely and I have to relearn everything.

Dota is pretty much exactly the same honestly, Play wise I would say that patch that added all the new items changed more then this one

One month down and no closer to 5k. Was supposed to be gaining 100 mmr a month to reach that goal but I've hardly been able to get any playtime in and some internet issues that are soon to be fixed have prevented me from playing regularly. Gonna have to spam some matches to get in Dota shape for IHL4 but I can at least take solace in that Dota hasn't changed too much with 7.00/7.01.

Hear ye, hear ye; If I'm not 5k by Dec 31 I'll ban stinkles.

its all in that random button.

shira

1D0GvUG.jpg

soon I can feed with bunny

Is the WeLoveFine shop the best/only way to get Dota merch in Europe? Shipping is pretty rough so I'm wondering if there's another option.

game.co.uk and game-legends.com sell some stuff, but yeah if you want the full selection it's valvestore.welovefine.com - 15% off shipping if you sign up lul

shira

Starladder/iLeague 2nd last day
RXM5zqd.jpg

t1485968400z1.png

Navi vs C9
AF vs Secret

Both games are clutch, C9 needs a win and hopes AF beats Secret 2-0
Navi is basically miracle shot.
AF vs Secret are tied for 2nd place - big games

ZPjtExP.jpg

NP are in the lead in NA, not sure how the tie-breaker works but I'm sure they will fuck it up

Chris R

Oh, does dust work against the opvoker?

We got him down to 50% no problem, but then the invis forge spirit spam started with the tornadoes thrown in for good measure.

Also, I might gif my terrible play when I get home tonight, I survived ~30 seconds against the Techies wave by myself kiting them around the ancient, blinking and piking to avoid the suicides giving my jugg enough time to have buy back to win the round lol

Team was like "that was epic" I was like "how did I not fuck that up"

shira

ENGLISH
Machine - Alexander Richardson
Capitalist - Austin Walsh
Fogged - Ioannis Loucas
GoDz - David Parker
LD - David Gorman
Merlini - Ben Wu
ODPixel - Owen Davies
Purge - Kevin Godec
Pyrion Flax - Ted Forsyth
Sheever - Jorien van der Heijden
SirActionSlacks - Jacob Kanner
TobiWan - Toby Dawson
WinteR - ChanLitt-Binn
Maelk - Jacob Toft-Andersen
Grimorum - Kyle Fong

CIS/RUSSIA
Faker - Ivan Demkin
4ce - Nikita Kotkov
LighTofHeaveN - Dmitriy Kupriyanov
Goblak - Victor Volkov
PGG - Vladimir Anosov
v1lat - Vitalii Volochai
Artstyle - Ivan Antonov
ARS-ART - Sergey Revin
Vigoss - Ivan Shinkarev

CHINESE
YaphetS - Bu Yanjun
BBC - Zhang Hongsheng
5400 - Huai Ning Yang
AA - Li Qiming
AMS - Chen Juan
FreeAgain - Hao Peng
Haitao - Zhou Lingxiang

Machine TI7?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Machine is an absolute treasure and should be treated as such

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Machine made whatever that LAN he hosted was watchable. Cool dude, way more natural than Dadeye.

Could someone take a look at this match and tell me where I went wrong with itemization? It ended up 4v5 and we still couldn't win. Everyone left on their team felt basically unkillable but I died in 4-5 hits from every one of them. I think it was an itemizing problem because we did really well in the early game but just couldn't get anything done later.

I was the AM.

Match is https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2964436349

Hello again Dota-GAF.

After my succesfully streak with Bristleback now I'm trying to play as Centaur semi support. So far now, I'm on a 3 win streak (yay) but early game is tough as shit. I usually feed a few kills, but late game I'm so tanky that it doesn't even matter.

My current early build is:

- Stout
- Ring of Protection.
- Tango
- 1 x Ward

Which then becomes

- Tranquil
- Vanguard
- Blade Mail
- Blink
- Heart

Any suggestions?

52club

I got a Riki set from the Dark Moon wheel. Is roaming support Riki still good?

May be even better at low to mid levels of play with the 4 bounty runes. Nerf came in the way of the diffusal blade not being able to purge dust. I don't think that is a huge deal because his talent tree is pretty solid. At higher levels of play he is a lot less viable.

Gaaraz

I was the Necro in this game, can someone please let me know which items I could've got to help our team win? https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2967042246

I rushed radiance and it was a great help vs Naga and Weaver especially, but then I went for blademail which was seemingly completely useless.

We were miles ahead at the 35 minute mark but really struggled to deal with their Wraith King and Weaver. Maybe I could've got something like Scythe of Vyse?

I was the Necro in this game, can someone please let me know which items I could've got to help our team win? https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2967042246

I rushed radiance and it was a great help vs Naga and Weaver especially, but then I went for blademail which was seemingly completely useless.

We were miles ahead at the 35 minute mark but really struggled to deal with their Wraith King and Weaver. Maybe I could've got something like Scythe of Vyse?

More disables are never a bad thing. The 20 deaths on Jugg along with him having the lowest gpm on the team definitely didn't help.

The only bkb in the entire game was on WK. A bkb on any Dire hero blocks nearly everything meaningful from Radiant, from Naga's song to every single stun they had (except Naga's net, which isn't a stun).

Imo if you were helping support, Mekansm/Greaves are super good on Necro and I would have gotten them over phase > blademail.

inkls

Could someone take a look at this match and tell me where I went wrong with itemization? It ended up 4v5 and we still couldn't win. Everyone left on their team felt basically unkillable but I died in 4-5 hits from every one of them. I think it was an itemizing problem because we did really well in the early game but just couldn't get anything done later.

I was the AM.

Match is https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2964436349

Not sure why you bought the helm of the dominator? It doesn't really help with farming since you're gonna outpace the creep with blink. Should have completed your yasha into manta. Not only because it helps vs drow silence but also your mana drain spikes up. Its just a really good item.

Bkb is fine imo, could have gone aghs or linken's. Wouldn't have worked if it was venge swap if aghs, but it would have helped vs dk stun or reflect an abyssal or venge stun.

Also grab an abyssal. Can't really ignore that item on AM. Good lockdown, would take it over maelstrom.

Dunno about radiance. Shiva's guard would have been useful not only because of the dmg vs illusions but also for armor and attack speed slow.

If you wanted to go blademail, then the next item that helps would have been octarine since it would heal you and all your abilities and radiance would heal you as well and 25% lower cd for all abilities and items.

Problem is jakiro got pipe so your radiance's dmg is mostly negated.

Dagon is a good item when you want to solo kill people. Dagon 3's cd is the same as aghs with your level 3 ult.

Top Bottom