• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite superhero/villain with 'Black' in their name?

We all know of them(and the mostly lazy way companies named their black characters). Black Panther, Black Ant, Black Lightning, Black Adam, Black Alice, Black Widow, Black Canary, Black Hand, Black Bolt etc.

Which one is your favorite?

Mine was just announced for Injustice 2:
pugh75g4huqp.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Black Swordsman, Guts.

Edit: Got some threads confused since Guts isn't a super hero but I guess I'll leave it at this point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If you don't love Black Canary, you don't love comics.

Black Manta for best villain of course. Lord already posted the page, so we're all good on that front.

I'm gonna go with Black Panther for best hero. I might slightly prefer Black Bolt but fuck the current clusterfuck that is the Inhumans franchise so I'll side with T'Challa instead.

Black Adam is neither hero nor villain, so I'll nominate him as best anti-hero. Such a great character, I loved what DC did with him in the 2000s, too bad he's kinda disappeared these days. Hopefully the movie will rectify that.

kewlmyc

Finding out what he actually was made me like him even more.

It's just the big mystery of who he was ended up being lackluster imo. Also led to even more confusing time shenanigans being introduced into the plot.

His moveset is ace at least.

Sooo... Who's Goku Black? I dropped Super early on. Is he evil Goku or something?

What ya'll know about a brother on ski's who was a Vietnam Vet turned a New God with the Touch of Death...

latest

Can't believe I didn't mention this glorious Kirby creation. Forget the Silver Surfer, this god of death in medieval armor has skis!

Sephzilla

Sooo... Who's Goku Black? I dropped Super early on. Is he evil Goku or something?

Goku Black is a
rogue xenophobic God who uses the Super Dragon Balls to steal Goku's body. He then goes on a rampage exterminating non-God life from the universe, and even exploits time travel to convince his younger pre-body theft self to come along for the ride. He shows up in the timeline of Future Trunks and basically ruins their rebuilt world.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A supreme kai in training that used a time travel ring to gather dragonballs then wish he was inside goku's body he then killed goku's family and his old body with goku in it.
He then uses the time rings to jump back to before he did all this and recruit another version of himself who he tells to wish to be immortal that way there is always one of him he could confide in *he thinks he is the only one that sees how things should be* while he can act as the powerhouse to get things done

Top Bottom