• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUMMER LESSON |OT| Only seven days to max out your social links

Vex_

Banned
...... I think I might get this game.

Question: Can you.... Uh... Tilt your head? Like, If i wanted to see at a different angle? How far?

Soi-Fong

Man, I'm going to have a hard time with this. My Japanese comprehension, or at least what I know if it, is slow as hell sometimes. I might be a full sentence back when I listen to the radio.

Also, how is it jarring when she gets close? Also, does she have dead eyes?

The animations are wonderful and the face is hardly "dead." They actually have an "anime-ish" look to them. They weren't going for realizsm.

I think jarring in that while these characters are not realistic, you still consider them another "person" and when they get close, they basically intrude on your personal space just as would happen in real life.

My sister took Japanese in college so I'm hoping she can help me with some parts of the game. lol

common guys where were the green sound waves gifs and pictures for this...

But yeah this might get weird for you lol.

Everyone is weirdly excited to try this though which is nice. Weird assumptions and borderline racist stereotypes aside, glad were mostly keeping this release civil.

I really want this game but my Japanese language skills aren't the best. By that I mean the first college class level of Japanese so it's nothing. Still would be nice to go through though since the chances of this coming to America are slim. Is it difficult to purchase something through the Japanese PS store? Never tried it.

raven777

Cuox4_oUEAACUzZ.jpg:large
played for about 30 minutes. Nothing too much to comment since I have already played the 2014 demo from gameshow and it's not too different. Each sessions feel a bit too short and the loading screens in-between kinda pulls you out of the immersion. And the resolution is still really really low so things look blurry for me. I wonder if They would patch PS4 Pro version to bump up the resolution.
But it's still very immersive overall. The room looks and feels good, character model is quite good and animation is also great.
The game does feel incredibly short and you can probably finish the game within an hour. Of course this is made to be played with multiple playthrough but I do wish there was a bit more content. I know there are lots of future DLCs coming so I hope it doesn't take too long.

Ferr986

Watched a japanese guy streaming the game and of course he keep focusing close to her breasts.

Game seems pretty annoying with the constant loading screen with basically every dialog.

muteki

Man, I'm going to have a hard time with this. My Japanese comprehension, or at least what I know if it, is slow as hell sometimes. I might be a full sentence back when I listen to the radio.

Also, how is it jarring when she gets close? Also, does she have dead eyes?
No dead eyes, if I'm understanding correctly. Jarring in the sense that the 3D feeling is really good, and it when she leans in or moves around it really feels like she is getting up in my personal space. It is hard to describe and I'm sure it will wear off eventually but it is pretty convincing to me.

Also, forgot to mention, hearing the wind/nature stuff going on outside with the 3d audio is really neat.

lupinko

For people fearing the language barrier, you could wait for episode 2 with the blonde, she speaks English so you could just trial and error what you can't read. Yolo.

L.O.R.D

the dream is dead guys

KTx9UMG.gif

PRE ORDERED CANCELED

what does the text means?

here another text from another game

r1FQ1po.jpg

i am guessing now the hacker will have enough motivation to hack the PS4.

In Summer Lesson, you should be allowed to peek under her skirt but then the mom comes in and fires you which deletes your PSN license for the game

That's no way to treat Hikari chan

Raonak

Banned
Straight up, why is everyone super hyped for this game? Cos it's something to wank over or is there something more nuanced that I'm missing?

It goes a bit deeper, in VR, things which are close to you, especially people, feel real as fuck. Like that gif, where she comes right next to you to show a video from her phone, that would feel legitimately freaky when she's so close to you. your personal space definitely gets breached.

Summer lesson, prevy as it is, really does highlight the presence factor of VR

Just had my first 7 day run and holy crap this game is a prelude of dangerous things to come. Nuances in character animation are amazing and It's the little things that convey a sense of presence and immersion.
I can only imagine when one day we finally have VR with ridiculous resolutions, dpi and complete FOV coverage

Alexlf

Alright, I think I have it mostly figured out.

Before the day starts, you pick out a lesson plan, a conversation topic, and if you have one, an event card.
Lessons determine which stat raises, conversation cards pump up point gain (and you can use multiple of the same type at the same time), and event cards give you various special events at the end of the day.

Each day during the first "session", you get to pick between 3 options.
They will either give you a great result, a normal result, or a bad result. Not only does this change how many points you get for that day, it also changes the "fired up" meter, which acts as a global modifier for point gain (ie the higher it is, the more points you get).
Great raises the "fired up" meter by between 10-15 points, good/normal gives +5, and bad can drop it from anywhere between 10-20 it seems.
You can tell how the day went by which stamp is used (square is bad, circle is good, flower is great. Or you can just read the text ;P)

The second part of the day lets you pick a conversation topic, which will give you more conversation cards that match the selected icon to pump into points in another lesson, as well as giving you some story behind Hikari.

The final part of the day can play out in 3 ways.
If you used an event card, you'll see the related event.
If you had a "great" lesson and didn't use an event card, there's a random chance you'll see an event.
Otherwise, the day will just end.

Finally, you need to be concerned with completing goals.
You can check your goals by selecting your smartphone at the beginning of the day, and it gives you objectives such as "gain x points on any skill in 1 session" or "have 4 great lessons in a row".
Completing a goal will give you a bundle of conversation cards, and/or sometimes an event card. Completing all the lessons will give you the final goal, which is usually an outfit.
You can also re-roll your top two goals ONCE, and only once, so I suggest you save it for if you get an unreasonable goal (i.e. "gain 170 points across 2 skills in a single session")

It also looks like each time you run through 7 days you get more lessons to do, and your lesson level carries over, although I'm not sure what the point is.

EDIT:
Whoops, double post. My bad.

casiopao

the dream is dead guys

KTx9UMG.gif

PRE ORDERED CANCELED

what does the text means?

here another text from another game

r1FQ1po.jpg

i am guessing now the hacker will have enough motivation to hack the PS4.

Meh. No buy then. I am not going to accept this limitation lol. VR should be about freedom bruh.^_^

Just had my first 7 day run and holy crap this game is a prelude of dangerous things to come. Nuances in character animation are amazing and It's the little things that convey a sense of presence and immersion.
I can only imagine when one day we finally have VR with ridiculous resolutions, dpi and complete FOV coverage
How long does it take to play through 7 days? Also is there plenty of events to find and collect? Seems like the game is bigger in scope than expected.

Also, the dlc trailer with maid outfit, is that just a costume dlc, or an event or extra day dlc?

Alexlf

Meh. No buy then. I am not going to accept this limitation lol. VR should be about freedom bruh.^_^

No idea about the bottom one, but the top one is definitely just going out of camera range. You can lean down way farther than that provided you stay in view of the camera. And both of them just say, "Out of the play space" basically.

"Outside of the play area", at least in the MIku one.
Well, that's what the first thing says. I can't read the all-kanji message beneath it lol.
"Outside of the play area"? That's hilarious. Almost like it doesn't exist at all haha. That's okay. I wasn't trying to get this game for that reason. I legitly want to play the story.

Never forget.
......what is this gif from? Also, why?

casiopao

No idea about the bottom one, but the top one is definitely just going out of camera range. You can lean down way farther than that provided you stay in view of the camera. And both of them just say, "Out of the play space" basically.

Isn't that just mean that the feature don't exist/censored? No interest then.

raven777

How long does it take to play through 7 days? Also is there plenty of events to find and collect? Seems like the game is bigger in scope than expected.

Also, the dlc trailer with maid outfit, is that just a costume dlc, or an event or extra day dlc?

7 days is pretty short. You can do it under 30 minutes.
For DLC, I heard them saying it's gonna be more of a situation thing, not just adding costume.

lupinko

I don't know what people were thinking when this game got CERO B, which is ages 12 and up.

If you want your sleazy pervy game on PS4, you'll need to wait for DOAX3's VR mode.

Even then it's all on PC if you really want to go that way.

Deraj

Isn't that just mean that the feature don't exist/censored? No interest then.

No. Watch the video - his head goes below the area that the camera can track. All he has to do is move the camera and he can successfully enjoy 'an even greater virtual reality character experience.' ;)

casiopao

No. Watch the video - his head goes below the area that the camera can track. All he has to do is move the camera and he can successfully enjoy 'an even greater virtual reality character experience.' ;)

Ohhhh. Hype restored. Now awaiting the gif on pantsu lol.^_^

jediyoshi

If you want your sleazy pervy game on PS4, you'll need to wait for DOAX3's VR mode.

Even then it's all on PC if you really want to go that way.

No exaggeration. People have ported DOAX animations into PC DOA5. It'd really just be a matter of getting VR in there at this point.

lupinko

No exaggeration. People have ported DOAX animations into PC DOA5. It'd really just be a matter of getting VR in there at this point.

The SFM people are also moving onto Unreal Engine 4 from Flash and will likely get into VR too.

Wouldn't surprise me if they rip / port Summer Lesson asssets for SFM.

When there's a will, there's a way.

Top Bottom